Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: The TRU Arkham City 70s Batman figure... Details?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Wonderdog

apparently its delayed till november 15th for pc

big sigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

K Went to Colonie TRU today, there was a young employee walking around with a flyer and a customer kinda wandering with him. I went up to the counter, said I had a pre-order and while they were processing it, the employee came back with the flyer and said he couldn't find "Batman Legacy" in the isle. I looked down behind the counter and saw the familiar Mattel box. I said, "are you looking for this?" pointing to the flyer. He nodded I said "it's right there". All the employees looked and sure enough, one pulled out the Arkham City 70's repaint. I said we're supposed to get one when we buy the game. They rang me out correctly and as I left, they were re-processing the previous customer's order to get him the figure. *whew*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I think all of the skins will be out for 360 in the skins pack. December 6th I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 am 
shirtless hugger

I don't have time for the game right now, but I did get the hookup on the figure! I've learned that I'm a sucker that just keeps buying Batman figures... Sigh. The upside is that the 70s Batman is my review for today...

http://www.itsalltrue.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:48 am 
We're going streaking!

I haven't opened mine yet, but I think it looks great! I love the bat logo! And the colors!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:18 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I need help guys...

Can somebody help me find that TRU ad about the free figure when you pre-order.

I decided to pick up my BATMAN AC at TRU yesterday and brought my pre-sell card with me. Before I went to the counter, I already snagged the action figure from the peg to make a quick check out. The sales dude, told me,

TRU dude: "We are not doing this anymore, sir"
Me: "what are you not doing anymore?"
TRU dude: "giving out the free figure"
Me: "Why not?"
TRU dude: "We just stopped doing it"
Me: "Okay???, But I bought the pre-order. As far as I remember in the ad, it is a "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" thing. So, if you guys still have the figures available, I should get the figure?"
TRU dude: "No. I can't give it to you"

I am about to snap at his face and get "bitchy" about it but lucky him I was running late for work... So I said...

"Okay, I am not finished with this argument, coz I'm running late, go ahead and check out the game but I want you to write on the receipt that you did not release an action figure to me". He was quite hesitant, but I insisted... He wrote "no figure" at the receipt and I rushed off to work.

Now, I need your help guys coz I want to know the details of that ad as far as the pre-orders are concerned for this game. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm 
shirtless hugger

lance wrote:
I need help guys...

Can somebody help me find that TRU ad about the free figure when you pre-order.

I decided to pick up my BATMAN AC at TRU yesterday and brought my pre-sell card with me. Before I went to the counter, I already snagged the action figure from the peg to make a quick check out. The sales dude, told me,

TRU dude: "We are not doing this anymore, sir"
Me: "what are you not doing anymore?"
TRU dude: "giving out the free figure"
Me: "Why not?"
TRU dude: "We just stopped doing it"
Me: "Okay???, But I bought the pre-order. As far as I remember in the ad, it is a "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" thing. So, if you guys still have the figures available, I should get the figure?"
TRU dude: "No. I can't give it to you"

I am about to snap at his face and get "bitchy" about it but lucky him I was running late for work... So I said...

"Okay, I am not finished with this argument, coz I'm running late, go ahead and check out the game but I want you to write on the receipt that you did not release an action figure to me". He was quite hesitant, but I insisted... He wrote "no figure" at the receipt and I rushed off to work.

Now, I need your help guys coz I want to know the details of that ad as far as the pre-orders are concerned for this game. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

There was NO Free Figure Pre-Order Ad from TRU. It was in the regular Weekly Ad the week the game came out. I think there is a picture taken at a Con on AFI that show a sign saying the figure was to come with the pre-order game, but I never saw anything official from TRU except the Ad they ran the week the game came out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:47 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

This is the only image I have of the offer:
And at the bottom of the add it says: *Quantities limited; no rain checks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Thanks whacko!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 am 
5th Horseman

Normally, these deals just run the week of the game release. So technically you're too late now. The preorder had nothing to do with the offer. I wish you luck in getting the figure free, but I think you'll need a manager to get that for you because the computer won't scan it as free now. I believe the employee was correct that the offer was over, and probably couldn't give it to you even if he wanted to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 am 
Aspires to be #1

DanMan wrote:
Normally, these deals just run the week of the game release. So technically you're too late now. The preorder had nothing to do with the offer. I wish you luck in getting the figure free, but I think you'll need a manager to get that for you because the computer won't scan it as free now. I believe the employee was correct that the offer was over, and probably couldn't give it to you even if he wanted to.

The pre order had everything to do with the free figure...at least it started that way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

I the e-mails I sent to TRU corporate bounced around a few more days and ended up being sent to a manager at the store I had been at. By now I had bought two of the figures the week before the game came out and refunded my $5 preorder deposit the day the game came out and had left it at that.

After the local store got the e-mail I got a call from a manager and I explained what I meant about selling a figure they were using as bait to buy a game. The manager agreed and then offered to refund me on one of the figures. He told me bring in the just the receipt and he would do it, which I did and got the refund. I was short cash and could not afford to buy the game as something had come up and I spent the funds on something else. So getting a refund was a nice gesture even though he knew I did not buy the game there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 am 
PVC

I just love mine. It actually made me want to go buy the Arkham 2 pack and pick up the rest of the Arkham figures that will be coming out. I just need to find a place for all of them now...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8