Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NYCC/JLU strategy questions
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 am 
Wonderdog

Do they sell throughout the day, or at a certain time?
Estimated line time for Saturday 10/15?
Roughly what percentage of NYCC attendees will have personal hygiene issues?

Post subject: Re: NYCC/JLU strategy questions
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am 
Fugitive Dust

if anyone is going to the New York convention and can pick up a 3 of the packs for me i would be ever in your gracious debt. I was supposed to get them from the Atlanta convention but i got cancelled and really want these bad. With the way things are going with Matty im afraid they wont put them up for sale on line and dont want to miss them. Please let me know and i will send you the money. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:14 pm 
AFA Graded

GLsector666 wrote:

28%

I happen to notice only because I travel in the sitting position and it's more noticeable. Otaku tend to bath less.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:46 pm 
5th Horseman

GLsector666 wrote:
Do they sell throughout the day, or at a certain time?
Estimated line time for Saturday 10/15?

I've heard Mattel's line is shortest first thing in the day, though you'll need to stash your stuff somewhere or lug it all around the rest of the day. The Saturday line will be the worst, it's crazy that day, you could barely move on the show floor by the afternoon when I was there last. I didn't notice many offending odors though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:12 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
if anyone is going to the New York convention and can pick up a 3 of the packs for me i would be ever in your gracious debt. I was supposed to get them from the Atlanta convention but i got cancelled and really want these bad. With the way things are going with Matty im afraid they wont put them up for sale on line and dont want to miss them. Please let me know and i will send you the money. Thanks.

Me tooooo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
With the way things are going with Matty im afraid they wont put them up for sale on line and dont want to miss them.

I hope you find someone to help you out and pick up the figures for you but I wouldn't worry too much about them showing up on Matty after the Cons are over. I'm sure there will be enough left over for anyone who wants them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am 
Resin

whakojacko1976 wrote:
fuzzyelf1 wrote:
With the way things are going with Matty im afraid they wont put them up for sale on line and dont want to miss them.

I hope you find someone to help you out and pick up the figures for you but I wouldn't worry too much about them showing up on Matty after the Cons are over. I'm sure there will be enough left over for anyone who wants them.

Yeah, if you can actually find them on the MC page after the first day of sale...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:03 am 
categorically opposed

Derby wrote:
Yeah, if you can actually find them on the MC page after the first day of sale...

Yup, that whole "search" function is really complicated...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:14 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

MoMoney wrote:
Derby wrote:

:lol: I KNEW you were gonna pop in on that one Mo! I barely got the thought finished before I refreshed the page and noticed your post.

I agree that it isn't that tough to search it. It really shouldn't come down to that or better still rely on that and they really should come up under the JLU page but it really isn't that tough to do the search.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 am 
Resin

MoMoney wrote:
Derby wrote:

No, you're right. It's not complicated, but it's the principal of the whole thing. The JLU page on MC is full of all of it's past "sold out" offerings, but the two 3 packs that are currently on sale (JSA, Space characters) are nowhere to be seen. Even when you use the search function, those items are down at the bottom of the page. Wouldn't it make sense to promote the items that you actually have on sale? If they truly are trying to sell as many items as possible, so as to possibly release the characters that were shown at Toy Fair, potential customers should be able to easily find the items they want to purchase...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
Derby wrote:

You shouldn't have to search for a product on a site when there is a dedicated page where it should be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Matty.com really could stand to get on the ball with their website. I love how Hurricane Hordak is listed as "Coming Soon" on the main page yet when you click on him he's "Sold Out" :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
You shouldn't have to search for a product on a site when there is a dedicated page where it should be.

The easiest way to find any product on any retailer website is to do a search. No navigation required. Would it be nice if it was listed in the right place? Sure. But don't try to make it sound like it's impossible to find and that it's causing a glut of missed sales. If people want something badly enough, they'll search for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:34 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
GLsector666 wrote:

28%

I happen to notice only because I travel in the sitting position and it's more noticeable. Otaku tend to bath less.

Ah, I remember Botcon '05, the only time my wife and I managed to get to the States for a convention. I remember reading a quote on one of the boards where someone got a bit fed up with the geek-stink and challenged someone to buy a dollar can of deodourant. Their answer?

"with that dollar I can buy another toy"

My wife walked more then than she does now, but she's 3' 6". It's just slightly worse than armpit height.

Jo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

The easiest way to find any product on any retailer website is to do a search. No navigation required. Would it be nice if it was listed in the right place? Sure. But don't try to make it sound like it's impossible to find and that it's causing a glut of missed sales. If people want something badly enough, they'll search for it.

But that's not the easiest way on Matty Collector. You can't even get to the search function without going to a page first. That site is not set up for you to go there and search for things like an Amazon or an eBay. It's set up for you to go to a product page or to a sale day page. So shouldn't a reasonable person expect to see the product they were looking for when they go that page? I can't go to the JLU page and see the 2 3-packs that are for sale. That's unacceptable. And they didn't even add STRIPE to the page until he "sold out".

If they want us to go there and just search for things then they should make that the forefront of their site.