Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 am 
User avatar
Master of the Interwebs
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3229
"Another one..." you say?

http://www.pendragonspost.com/2011/10/1 ... gated-man/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
I'd like to have a DCUC figure of him but I'll never feel like I have an incomplete collection without him. I've got two JLU figures of the guy and that's good enough.

For the sake of everyone that wants him though I hope this at least cracks the door open on the possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:24 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 482
Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Ralph was originally created because Plastic Man wasn't available to DC, but since then he's grown into a distinct character whose only similarity to Plas is the way his powers are commonly shown. It's the same situation with Zauriel and Hawkman.

I've often thought the line from the JLU episode about Booster ("we already have a stretchy guy", or something similar) was a tongue in cheek dig at DC's handling of the character since they got the full rights to Plas.

I certainly want Ralph, though more from a JLI point of view, along with Fire and Ice and Rocket Red. I'm not too bothered about the extras (my Plas is displayed without any of his attachments), but he's an important figure with a pedigree to back him up.

Jo
so yeah, my vote is a yes

_________________
You can't scare me, my little girl has teeth and can move


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:32 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10466
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
I think it's odd that "DC" doesn't think that Ralph is important enough especially when you consider how many stories over the last few years were built upon the events (good or bad) of Identity Crisis. It's not just Ralph but we need Sue, too, and I'd love to see the two of them fill an oversized slot in the sub because I know Ralph could be done at retail but that's the only way we'd ever get her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 am 
User avatar
Master of the Interwebs
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3229
Jim_Abell wrote:
It's not just Ralph but we need Sue, too, and I'd love to see the two of them fill an oversized slot in the sub because I know Ralph could be done at retail but that's the only way we'd ever get her.

Exactly what I was just thinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 am 
User avatar
too much stick, not enough carrot
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3467
Location: The Great Country of Texas!
I've always thought Ralph was one of the characters that DCU should have gotten to sooner rather than later. Fully support this one.

_________________
Go visit the JLU Customs Wiki - you won't be disapointed!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:06 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8575
Location: Rochester, NY
So long as they aren't Black Lantern versions I will pay in advance for a Ralph and Sue 2pack!

_________________
"It's not perfect, but I'm kinda excited to have 'em" - Jason Lenzi.

Couldn't have said it better myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10466
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
So long as they aren't Black Lantern versions I will pay in advance for a Ralph and Sue 2pack!


no Black Lantern versions, EVER!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:07 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Ralph would make a great figure for the sub. They could reuse a lot of the Plastic Man parts, so I bet he's a done deal (although probably not for this year).

Don't care about Sue, though. Keep civilians out of the line (that goes for Lois, Jimmy, and Alfred, too).

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12557
Location: College Station, TX
Jim_Abell wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
So long as they aren't Black Lantern versions I will pay in advance for a Ralph and Sue 2pack!


no Black Lantern versions, EVER!


Some of them had really cool designs I'd like to see though.

Deathstorm
Superman
Martian Manhunter

For a few examples.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 am 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3457
Shellhead wrote:
They could reuse a lot of the Plastic Man parts, so I bet he's a done deal (although probably not for this year)

Yeah, but if you read the link in the first post, he's the opposite of a done deal.

He's seems like a no-brainer for DCUC to me, especially when you look at where the line is at with character selection. It's weird to me that he keeps getting shot down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:06 am 
User avatar
Daniel Pickett
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8254
Location: So Cal
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me in light of the fact that they have already approved him for figures before - 2 in the JLU line, at least one in HeroClix and one from DC Direct... their own licensing arm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
xrmc20 wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
They could reuse a lot of the Plastic Man parts, so I bet he's a done deal (although probably not for this year)

Yeah, but if you read the link in the first post, he's the opposite of a done deal.

He's seems like a no-brainer for DCUC to me, especially when you look at where the line is at with character selection. It's weird to me that he keeps getting shot down.


Yeah, that site is blocked at work for some reason. :evil:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1755
Location: PACNW
Sounds like a sub figure to me. As someone else pointed out, they've pretty much got the tooling done when they did Plastic Man. So I don't see why they couldn't just put a little money into sculpting the head :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Elongated Man needs to be saved...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8575
Location: Rochester, NY
For those of you that can't or haven't followed the link...

Its not that Matty doesn't want to do it, its that DC/WB isn't allowing it. Ralph, for some reason, would now require a separate license agreement (most common guess is because he isn't part of the DCnU) and DC/WB is saying that it isn't a character that they are looking at pursuing at this point.

So, we are asking everyone to WRITE A LETTER (yes, with pen and paper and all the muscles in your hand and arm) and send it off to Diane Nelson, the President of DC Comics. If they get enough response, who knows, maybe Matty will be given the go-ahead and we can see Ralph and Sue in plastic form soon.

And for those of you that are thinking that EG is a fairly easy repaint of PM, look over their histories. EG really didn't assume other forms as often or as readily as Plas did. He stretched more often that not. So, extendable limbs (especially a neck) would work well, the "suitcase body" or "spring legs" not so much.

_________________
"It's not perfect, but I'm kinda excited to have 'em" - Jason Lenzi.

Couldn't have said it better myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.079s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]