Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Brave and Bold new figures coming?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

funtime3 wrote:
If Mattel devoted more effort to character variety early on, I'd be still buying.

Variety was great early on, it was character selection that left much to be desired. Granted the releases were based on the characters to get a push early in the series. Batman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado, Atom, all great choices. Kanjar Ro, Black Manta, Sportsmaster, not so much and that's what hurt the chances of getting anyone but Batman.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:55 pm 
Wonderdog

from what i saw black manta and sportsmaster did ok

kanjar ro on the other hand.......

and i seem to see several stores with nothing but 7+ total armor plastic mans on the shelf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:58 pm 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:

Variety was great early on, it was character selection that left much to be desired. Granted the releases were based on the characters to get a push early in the series. Batman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado, Atom, all great choices. Kanjar Ro, Black Manta, Sportsmaster, not so much and that's what hurt the chances of getting anyone but Batman.

I agree, maybe character variety wasn't the right phrase. I was really impressed with the line early on. I was buying the stuff. But then the pegs at Target were almost bare for months with nothing but Kanjer Ros hanging around and then it became mostly Batman variants. And there were guys I couldn't find like Despero so I kinda fizzled out.

I believe in the overarching economic principle that there should always be Batmans in the toy aisle--that's what the masses are familiar with, I'm okay with that--but it got kinda crazy for awhile. Still, I like the toys a lot. They're a lot of fun. I had no idea Riddler was coming! That was my first toy aisle surprise in forever. I think I'll jump back in and get him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm 
active in the community

We need some big multi packs like they did towards the end of "The Batman" line!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:28 am 
Former King of Posts

When they re-branded the line, they should not have included the same heroes again. There clearly was no need to re-release Red Tornado, Plastic Man or deluxe camo Aquaman.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:05 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

superfriend wrote:
When they re-branded the line, they should not have included the same heroes again. There clearly was no need to re-release Red Tornado, Plastic Man or deluxe camo Aquaman.

I agree with that.Plus they re-released the same deluxe Blue Beetle.
And there where also many Batman figures that where straight re-releases with just different names,no different colors or anything.
I am liking the way the figures for the Stealth Strike line are looking so far.Seems like they are better than the ones we got in the Total Armor line.I seemed too be more impressed with this new line, more so than the Total Armor one.Bought some of the deluxe Batman figures for the Stealth line that do not look too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:40 pm 
active in the community

Just watched truimvitive of terror and Lex Luthor in his armor would make a perfect figure for a line called "Total Armor"! I would kill for a Snap on armor Luthor!