Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOSH re-release & New JLU teased by FanGirl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 am 
Former King of Posts

Not as long as it involves Static!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:31 pm 
serves the Otter

I'm betting that Mattel is starting to take notice of all the LOSH sets being scalped on Ebay for $300+ now and realized that they seriously underestimated the demand for that set when it sold out so fast on their site. I'm very pleased to hear that we might be getting a 2nd run of these sets since I stupidly missed out on getting it the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:20 pm 
ABS

I certainly hope there's JLU news. The lack of JL toys in the various toy aisles I visit seriously bums me out. I'm just not that into the YJ line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
dmack wrote:
I certainly hope there's JLU news. The lack of JL toys in the various toy aisles I visit seriously bums me out. I'm just not that into the YJ line.

Agreed, I miss JL too. Young Justice is cool and all, but the prices are still too high,

D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Dusty wrote:
dmack wrote:

Agreed, I miss JL too. Young Justice is cool and all, but the prices are still too high,

D.

Unfortunately, even if JLU comes back, the price range would be similar to YJ. Remember the prices the figures closed out at?

But I think you got more bang for your buck with JLU, and it's not lost on me how funny that statement is! LOL. My guess is that they figured out a way to get the remaining figures out, but some of them will be released under the GL Animated banner. But that's just my guess...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 am 
Aspires to be #1

The difference for me at least, is that paying 9 dollars for a JLU single adds a figure to a collection of almost 200. Paying 9 dollars for a YJ figure adds to a collection of like 5. It's just different.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 am 
Kool Moe Dee

We are at a weird time between superhero properties. YJ is current, GL was a flop and the cartoon toy line is months away, Batman is still another year out and has no current cartoon. Superman is another 2 years away and DCUC is in a state of flux. That doesn't leave Mattel with a very big footprint in the boys action aisle and what they do have tends to be rather expensive(YJ). If we are going to be getting more JLU it's probably because stores have requested a lower price point item and JLU happened to be sitting there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

superfriend wrote:
Not as long as it involves Static!

F M No static at all. :lol:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DC does not have the kids, it is as simple as that imo. I know this doesn't prove anything but I took notice of what kids were wearing this Halloween at a school event with 100's of children and even last night and I can tell you DC was not heavily represented. There were a few Superman and Batman costumes among the sea of Star Wars, Iron Man, Thor, Transformers and Captain America.

They should have just re-booted JL and not done YJ imo. I'm hoping they do announce the release of the 13 or so JLU they have shown and would be satisfied with the line after that.

I'm not sure if it is really people hating but I think some people are sick of JLU and hope it dies just because of the constant negativity and whining that goes on here. The Mattel forum has turned into the JLU broogle fest for the last 3 or so years since I have been here at least. It gets old when almost every thread ends in a JLU fight. I'm a big fan and even I hope it dies after they release the last ones they have shown cause I'm sick of it. It was kind of funny to see people talk smack on Toyguru though and call him incompetent and then kiss his rear when he posted though. That always amused me.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 am 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
I'm not sure if it is really people hating but I think some people are sick of JLU and hope it dies just because of the constant negativity and whining that goes on here. The Mattel forum has turned into the JLU broogle fest for the last 3 or so years since I have been here at least. It gets old when almost every thread ends in a JLU fight. I'm a big fan and even I hope it dies after they release the last ones they have shown cause I'm sick of it. It was kind of funny to see people talk smack on Toyguru though and call him incompetent and then kiss his rear when he posted though. That always amused me.

I really couldn't tell you if Voltron or He Man collectors are bitching about anything, because I don't read those threads. Maybe you can just skip reading the JLU threads in the future?

For those of us that do post complaints about the way JLU was handled, it was in the sincere hope that Mattel / Toyguru was paying attention to the boards so they could fix the problems in the future. For many of us, JLU is our all time favorite toyline and we care about it passionately. For Mattel to just abandon the last, and some of the most important figures in the JLU line is a really tough blow to us fans. If Mattel does release the last shown figures, I will be just fine with the line ending too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:39 am 
Collector Inspector

Not me! This is my favorite toy line since Super Powers. If they give us the mighty unreleased, I'll be beyond thrilled. But I'll still want it to continue. Release a four pack of characters twice a year! Or one six pack once a year! Keep those characters coming, Mattel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 am 
Cold-cast

I would love that too, tuning4K! Desperately wanted a Savage Time Batman. I guess I have just lowered my expectations to just finishing the line properly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:10 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

vancleef9000 wrote:
That doesn't leave Mattel with a very big footprint in the boys action aisle

Well Mattel does have the John Cena line... I mean WWE line.
:wink:

tuning4k wrote:
Release a four pack of characters twice a year! Or one six pack once a year! Keep those characters coming, Mattel.

I think that formula is going to be too few and too far in between new figures to work well. I just see too many people losing interest after the first year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:14 am 
Collector Inspector

tuning4k wrote:
Release a four pack of characters twice a year! Or one six pack once a year! Keep those characters coming, Mattel.

I think that formula is going to be too few and too far in between new figures to work well. I just see too many people losing interest after the first year.[/quote]

I was going more for "just give us SOMEthing" than proposing an atcual plan. Texgnome1 presented a brilliantly laid out proposal for more figures a while back that I think would make the most sense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am 
Brand Manager

ian5555 wrote:
It was kind of funny to see people talk smack on Toyguru though and call him incompetent and then kiss his rear when he posted though. That always amused me.

Man, I love it when that happens!!! This one time, I remember a poster saying that he was not going to buy STRIPE because the MOTUC stuff was on a different bundle page; and he didn't want to risk it; and STRIPE wasn't a priority. But then Toy Guru showed up talking about STRIPE and the 3-Packs; and he was like... Oh, yeah! We'll buy ALL of those. For sure! Thanks for the heads up, TG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next