Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOSH re-release & New JLU teased by FanGirl
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

red Ricky wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
It was kind of funny to see people talk smack on Toyguru though and call him incompetent and then kiss his rear when he posted though. That always amused me.

Man, I love it when that happens!!! This one time, I remember a poster saying that he was not going to buy STRIPE because the MOTUC stuff was on a different bundle page; and he didn't want to risk it; and STRIPE wasn't a priority. But then Toy Guru showed up talking about STRIPE and the 3-Packs; and he was like... Oh, yeah! We'll buy ALL of those. For sure! Thanks for the heads up, TG!

Please point out where I said something bad about Toyguru in those posts? Thanks for playing though and wasting all that time finding those posts LOL. Never wanted STRIPE anyway was just stirring the pot as I guess sarcasm doesn't come over to well sometimes on the Interwebs :lol: :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am 
Collector Inspector

go/to.cgi/http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20111101083614260

1) I was wondering that now after the new 52 Static shock is officially part of the DC universe. Does Mattel have the rights to make this character and if so is it being considered for a figure in the DC universe classics line. If you do have the rights would you also be able to make other characters from the Dakotaverse.
These characters are accessible to us. And if you are a fan of Static, you'll be happy about some news we'll have coming your way in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 am 
Brand Manager

ian5555 wrote:
Thanks for playing though and wasting all that time finding those posts LOL. Never wanted STRIPE anyway was just stirring the pot as I guess sarcasm doesn't come over to well sometimes on the Interwebs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't waste any time. All I had to do was click on TG's name in the index page and go to his last post. And it wasn't really about showing you dissing TG, as it was about showing how you were the first one to (as you put it) "kiss his rear".

The icing being... of course... you calling people out for doing one thing and saying another.

Getting you to admit now that you lied to Toy Guru and never actually bought STRIPE... PRICELESS!!!

Having you admit that you post mainly to "stir the pot". Then showing people that you are currently complaining about the JLU fights that you, yourself cause... it is BEYOND PRICELESS!!!!! ...BEYOND MASTERFUL!!!! PURE... JUST PURE... AWESOMENESS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

red Ricky wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't waste any time. All I had to do was click on TG's name in the index page and go to his last post. And it wasn't really about showing you dissing TG, as it was about showing how you were the first one to (as you put it) "kiss his rear".

The icing being... of course... you calling people out for doing one thing and saying another.

Getting you to admit now that you lied to Toy Guru and never actually bought STRIPE... PRICELESS!!!

Having you admit that you post mainly to "stir the pot". Then showing people that you are currently complaining about the JLU fights that you, yourself cause... it is BEYOND PRICELESS!!!!! ...BEYOND MASTERFUL!!!! PURE... JUST PURE... AWESOMENESS!!!

Nah, awesome is my Inbox and all the people sending me messages making fun of you and calling you a Troll.

Priceless is reading them say how you just got everything wrong that you said to me as I never did any of that stuff but stir the pot a little to brighten my day :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 am 
Daniel Pickett

{MOD HAT- Petty Feud OVER. Back to talking about toys!}

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am 
Fugitive Dust

tuning4k wrote:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/go/to.cgi/http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20111101083614260

1) I was wondering that now after the new 52 Static shock is officially part of the DC universe. Does Mattel have the rights to make this character and if so is it being considered for a figure in the DC universe classics line. If you do have the rights would you also be able to make other characters from the Dakotaverse.
These characters are accessible to us. And if you are a fan of Static, you'll be happy about some news we'll have coming your way in 2012.

That really sounds like JLU to me! I only say that because JLU static is the only Static toy from Matty I know that has been announced plus the upcoming JLU news makes it seem like a match.

So now there are my predictions of what the JLU news is about (with percentage of possiblity):
The unreleased figures being released in 2012 (80%)
JLU Subcription (35%)
Retailer (like TRU) deciding on pickin up the line (15%)
More figures beyond the announced ones for Mattycollector (10%)
No news other than the Convention 3-Packs relase date (60%)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 am 
categorically opposed

Velocity wrote:
That really sounds like JLU to me! I only say that because JLU static is the only Static toy from Matty I know that has been announced plus the upcoming JLU news makes it seem like a match.

I don't think so at all. From what FanGirl said about JLU, there would be news about those three-packs sometime in 2011 about 2012. This answer seems to be aimed toward DCUC or whatever it's called now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

tuning4k wrote:
I was going more for "just give us SOMEthing" than proposing an atcual plan. Texgnome1 presented a brilliantly laid out proposal for more figures a while back that I think would make the most sense.

I don't know about brilliant. Awesome maybe hahaha. ;) And for those who might have missed it... http://dchallofjustice.com/news/archives/6493

I do think the Q&A answer about Static is referring to something different. Most likely the teen version of the character being part of the mass market line. The character had its own cartoon for goodness sake. I think it certainly warrants a figure.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:54 pm 
Collector Inspector

So far, the only Static Shock figure that I know that's been produced is a Subway kid's meal toy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:14 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
tuning4k wrote:
So far, the only Static Shock figure that I know that's been produced is a Subway kid's meal toy.

Yeah and he's cool and all, but I want one that is painted correctly and has an accessory or two (purple lightning, heh heh.) ;)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

My question is this...

IF there is going to be a JLU announcement for 2012... When would it be announced? What dates? Guesses? I've heard about Cyber Monday (When is that exactly?)...

Maybe they've been waiting to announce the DC/Mattel agreement and TRU agreements first to make sure they don't announce something too quickly... ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:07 pm 
shirtless hugger

I've been so busy playing Arkham Asylum I haven't been paying attention to toys thses past two weeks.

Nice to see some JLU "news" surface.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm 
shirtless hugger

jzachery wrote:
I've heard about Cyber Monday (When is that exactly?)...

Cyber Monday traditionally follows Black Friday. This year, it will be Monday, Nov. 28.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:43 pm 
Resin

Ham Salad wrote:
I've been so busy playing Arkham Asylum I haven't been paying attention to toys thses past two weeks.

Nice to see the famous Ham Salad surface...Whats your thoughts on Arkham City? (Im guessing thats the game you meant!)

And FanGirl needs to bring the news already! I want my 3 missing figures d@mnit!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm 
shirtless hugger

BFantana wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:

Nice to see the famous Ham Salad surface...Whats your thoughts on Arkham City? (Im guessing thats the game you meant!)

And FanGirl needs to bring the news already! I want my 3 missing figures d@mnit!

Yes, I meant Arkham City. My mind must have been distracted at the prospect of JLU news...

If you like Arkham Asylum, you'll love City. It's basically Asylum to the nth degree, to the max, times infinity. Plus one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next