Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOSH re-release & New JLU teased by FanGirl
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Ham Salad wrote:
BFantana wrote:

Nice to see the famous Ham Salad surface...Whats your thoughts on Arkham City? (Im guessing thats the game you meant!)

And FanGirl needs to bring the news already! I want my 3 missing figures d@mnit!

Yes, I meant Arkham City. My mind must have been distracted at the prospect of JLU news...

If you like Arkham Asylum, you'll love City. It's basically Asylum to the nth degree, to the max, times infinity. Plus one.

Arkham City is an awesome game! Plenty to do even after you finish the game. I'm just trying to pick up all the Riddler trophies and bust the Riddler. You have no idea how bad I want to jam Batman's fist straight into the Riddler's annoying mouth. The game is so good I can't even get into playing DC Universe Online even though it's free to download and free to play now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm 
Resin

[/quote]Yes, I meant Arkham City. My mind must have been distracted at the prospect of JLU news...

If you like Arkham Asylum, you'll love City. It's basically Asylum to the nth degree, to the max, times infinity. Plus one.[/quote]

Arkham City is an awesome game! Plenty to do even after you finish the game. I'm just trying to pick up all the Riddler trophies and bust the Riddler. You have no idea how bad I want to jam Batman's fist straight into the Riddler's annoying mouth. The game is so good I can't even get into playing DC Universe Online even though it's free to download and free to play now.[/quote]

Cool cool. Thanks for the reviews (Ham Salad as well)...With certain FPS coming out on the 8th Ive been on the fence on Arkham City. And very good news about DC Universe being free now! I didnt pick that up due to the online fee. Guess I have no excuse now. Sorry derailing the thread! I mean...I WANNA HEAR THE JLU NEWS NOW! Snap to it FanGirl! Wheres my Guy Gardner?!?

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:27 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

BFantana wrote:

Cool cool. Thanks for the reviews (Ham Salad as well)...With certain FPS coming out on the 8th Ive been on the fence on Arkham City. And very good news about DC Universe being free now! I didnt pick that up due to the online fee. Guess I have no excuse now. Sorry derailing the thread! I mean...I WANNA HEAR THE JLU NEWS NOW! Snap to it FanGirl! Wheres my Guy Gardner?!?

One last derailment lol...
Just to be clear on the DCUO game, if you have a PC or PS3 you don't even have to purchase the disc you can simply download it for free too through the official website or PSN. I just wanted to make sure nobody makes the mistake of paying $50+ for game/disc.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/

As far as XBox 360 being free I don't have that information.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:41 pm 
Fugitive Dust

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Just to be clear on the DCUO game, if you have a PC or PS3 you don't even have to purchase the disc you can simply download it for free too through the official website or PSN. I just wanted to make sure nobody makes the mistake of paying $50+ for game/disc.

Man, if I would have known that this was going to be free in November, I would have waited. There goes $50 bucks I could use for the 7-Pack. If I was them I would have continue leaving people pay $50 for the disc and treat this game like every other game (you can't buy Arkham City through the Playstation Store). They could have made some money still.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 am 
Aspires to be #1

whakojacko1976 wrote:
BFantana wrote:

It's not available on 360. They didn't want any of the billion dollars in Xbox money.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 am 
Former King of Posts

whakojacko1976 wrote:

One last thing on this - I started the download 2 days ago. It downloaded about 7 meg before I stopped it. How big is the download?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 am 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:

One last thing on this - I started the download 2 days ago. It downloaded about 7 meg before I stopped it. How big is the download?

Considering it's a full game, probably very large. Maybe a gig or two.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
That really sounds like JLU to me! I only say that because JLU static is the only Static toy from Matty I know that has been announced plus the upcoming JLU news makes it seem like a match.

I will say this again, mostly because it bears repeating:

Mattel should move heaven and earth to find a way to release the adult Static figure to honor Dwayne McDuffie. Convention exclusive, Matty commemorative release, I don't care. Single figure, the three-pack, again, I don't care. McDuffie always lamented the lack of a Static figure, and had stated how pleased he was about the adult Static in JLU before he died. It would be a classy move by Mattel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

j1h15233 wrote:

I heard it's about 14 gigs. So big.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 am 
Resin

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
That really sounds like JLU to me! I only say that because JLU static is the only Static toy from Matty I know that has been announced plus the upcoming JLU news makes it seem like a match.

Mattel should move heaven and earth to find a way to release the adult Static figure to honor Dwayne McDuffie. Convention exclusive, Matty commemorative release, I don't care. Single figure, the three-pack, again, I don't care. McDuffie always lamented the lack of a Static figure, and had stated how pleased he was about the adult Static in JLU before he died. It would be a classy move by Mattel.

Cant agree with this more. And having the figure I can say its one of the better JLU offerings.
Bring him to the masses Matty!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 am 
Collector Inspector

Right there with you guys. Future Static should absolutely be released no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

superfriend wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:

majorjoe23 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I heard it's about 14 gigs. So big.

Having already downloaded it a few days ago I can confirm that it is nearly 14 GBs. I left it run overnight.

BFantana wrote:
Bryan Long wrote:

Cant agree with this more. And having the figure I can say its one of the better JLU offerings.
Bring him to the masses Matty!

I'll jump on board with that too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:30 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Hmm might have to check in DCUO again as I got my character to 50 and quit a month later. PvP was lacking but I have heard it is even worse now since the "block" patch unless they fixed that. If it is free though might be worth it to try again though.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm 
4" scale

I have a feeling that if the remaining JLU figures are released, they will be next year's traveling convention exclusives for DC Universe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Wildcard wrote:
I have a feeling that if the remaining JLU figures are released, they will be next year's traveling convention exclusives for DC Universe.

And I'm okay with that. I think several people would be to be honest. It'd still mean we get them.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next