Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: So... 2012 DC Universe All-Stars?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#2011DCUAllStars
Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: So... 2012 DC Universe All-Stars?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 am 
Collector Inspector

I find it funny they describe Batman BEYOND as a "caped" crusader.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 am 
Kool Moe Dee

Pass, pass, pass and pass.

That was easy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:39 am 
5th Horseman

This biggest reason we've gotten for this line's rebrand, is to be more appealing to retail customers (i.e. every mom and kid). HOW, with the exception of Batman Beyond, do ANY of these characters do that?

For example... Atrocitus is the LEAD villain in the new Green Lantern animated series. So why is HE in the online club, but Larfleze is available at retail?

None of this makes any sense.

I get that Batman Beyond is a re-pack, which TG and FG said would happen. This is something Marvel Universe has been doing with their case assortments for a while. But the FIRST wave out of the gate... to have a repack like this is just lazy. They could have made him with a removable head, to replace with the Terry McGuinnes head thats already sculpted. They could have included some snap on wings. Anything to plus this figure. I would have bought it again.

This whole endeavor seems so rushed. Was Plastic Man even THAT prominent in Flashpoint? I can't even remember him making an impact there. But a Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or a Cyborg would have made MUCH more sense, been closer to an A-lister with more recognition, and more interesting to fans.

I have no idea what this line will shape up to be. But I'm calling it now. This line will last a year - TOPS, and we the fans will be blamed for it's demise. Even though we all called the end of DCUC when they revealed the rainbow wave.

Sadness. Thankfully, looks like I can get back into Marvel Legends.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 am 
shirtless hugger

Superboy-Prime looks awesome.

The others are a pass for me.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I posted this on Custom Justice, but it bears repeating.

Quote:
Larfleeze & Superboy Prime look great, and for those who don't follow DC Direct it's a good deal. But Plastic Man of all things? And not even the version people would know? I'm not seeing it.

And they may want to check with their marketing people. Because they completely stole Vader's picture for Batman Beyond from the DCUC Info site. That's so completely uncool. I mean they even replaced his watermark!

Vader's Version from DCUC.info

The "New" Version on Matty

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 am 
shirtless hugger

Bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 am 

texgnome1 wrote:
I posted this on Custom Justice, but it bears repeating.

Quote:
Larfleeze & Superboy Prime look great, and for those who don't follow DC Direct it's a good deal. But Plastic Man of all things? And not even the version people would know? I'm not seeing it.

And they may want to check with their marketing people. Because they completely stole Vader's picture for Batman Beyond from the DCUC Info site. That's so completely uncool. I mean they even replaced his watermark!

Vader's Version from DCUC.info

The "New" Version on Matty

That's insane. And I agree, the lineup completely defies the premise of the line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

So ...

the big reveal is that they are changing the name from DC Universe Classics to DC Universe All-Stars?

Which was previously the name used to re-issue already released figures in a "best of ..." format?

Yeah, that won't be confusing at all... :roll:

I don't have a problem with the mix really. I'll buy the Larfleeze and S-boy Prime, skip on the Flashpoint Plas (that whole storyline was such a waste of time and money), and skip the BatBeyond since I already have it. And without a CnC or some other device to entice buyers to get them all, many others will be buying only 1 or 2 as well.

We know they aren't releasing "waves" and that there is no guarantee that a mix of 4 figures will be consistent with each release, but this is a very weak showing to start your run.

I just have a bad feeling that this new packout and release system they are trying here will result in many new random pegwarmers that make it nearly impossible for distribution to be equal across the nation. I hope I am wrong, and that the retail world sells through these mixes like wildfire. Maybe this is just the prelude to DCU figures becoming subscription only ala MOTUC a year or two down the line...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am 
4" scale

That image you're referring to that DCUC.info used came from Mattel. It's a pre-sales photo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 am 

Im guessing basic A-Listers will be worked in. Larfleeze is a must have, Im hoping they do a SC Superboy Prime at somepoint, but this will do for now. Bats is just a re-issue that I already have, and Plas is a silly figure to make. Im just happy Terry & Plas are not part of the sub...then Id be upset.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:13 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I wonder if Batman Beyond will have a matte finish instead of the glossy, or if he'll come with his wings, or will he just be a straight-up re-release?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 am 
PVC

Kinda surprised there is NO DCnU here. Like Larfleeze, kinda like Superboy, and since I missed the original Plastic Man, I'd take this one. Only if it has at least a few attachments or something- if not, pass. And pass on Batman Beyond, unless he has wings we're not seeing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Only Larfleeze and Superboy Prime for me. Outside of shishalzafrazz, I don't see anyone else on Earth buying that Plastic Man. :lol:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 am 
categorically opposed

I'm shocked there's not a straight-up Batman or Superman in this first batch.

That being said, only Larfleeze and Superboy-Prime are buys for me. Maybe I'll buy a Plas to put his head on a Lantern body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next