Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: So... 2012 DC Universe All-Stars?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

again, we're assuming that the entire package will be the shots we saw of the 4 figures. who knows what kind of stuff they'll come with? SDCC Plastic Man was $20, and not only was he a new sculpt and an exclusive (i.e. smaller production run), he came with more attachments than you could shake your attachement at. Just because they're not coming with a CNC piece doesnt mean they're not coming with anything. hell, that Plas might include a pack-in woozy winks. we don't know yet. when we see packaged test shots and they're essentially the solo figures we've seen in a box, then we'll know they're damn sure not worth $20. but i feel like mattel will have a way of including value in the figures. otherwise, they wouldnt bother. maybe i'm totally wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 pm 
serves the Otter

If Mattel intended to offer a plethora of accessories to give us the most for our money then... why not just keep doing C&C instead? There's still a few oversized characters people would have loved to get as C&Cs. I'd rather see a hunk of plastic molded in the shape of a C&C part than one or more random accessories -- unless of course that "accessory" is a mini figure like Bat-Mite. :)

No, I'm pretty sure we'll see zilch included with most of these figures in the package. And yet they'll use the excuse of this being a "new" line to jack the price up to $20 for awhile and see if enough gullible collectors pay it.

The retailers are going to get so burned on this line, it'll be amazing if we see more than 2-3 waves in stores.

Last edited by shabbyblue on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

well, i'd rather get 10 crazy plastic man arm attachments than shaggy man's crotch, but that's just me. and maybe we'll get neither. and again, that would definitely make these figures NOT worth $20.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 am 
Aspires to be #1

I don't know about you, but I'm still getting oversized figures next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:

Just not via retail is all.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:01 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Just not via retail is all.

Yea but it's not like they're gone. People can not complain that they won't get their favorite oversized characters if they aren't willing to buy the sub or at least but them online.

And 20 dollars is way too high for the value we'll get but don't think Marvel Legends won't be hovering around that price too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 am 
declined to be a vampire

I'm not debating that people won't get them, we just won't get that added value at retail.

I've already expressed displeasure with the prices of the new figures (the 6 inch YJ line is just stupid..20-24 bucks for those?)...and I know you and I don't necessarily see eye to eye on that. I respect that.

I also don't care about Marvel Legends either. I just think the price increases we've seen on these 6 inch figure since their debut several years ago has been quick. I remember DCSH being 9.99. Now we are seeing this, with not much added value (if any) in accessories, etc...pushing 20?

Now I said earlier...if the above is true (about the price) then I just won't be giving mattel my money. At least not that way. The Asia option is wonderful, and I've been using it. I just hate that these will be clogging shelves, etc...and potentially kill the line. Of coures, it's all speculation right now, right?

j1h15233 wrote:
Yea but it's not like they're gone. People can not complain that they won't get their favorite oversized characters if they aren't willing to buy the sub or at least but them online.

And 20 dollars is way too high for the value we'll get but don't think Marvel Legends won't be hovering around that price too.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

How do we not see eye to eye on the YJ 6 in. singles? Those are WAY overpriced. I was only willing to buy Robin because of the base and I'll do the same for Red Arrow but I'm not touching the others.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:53 am 
Former King of Posts

j1h15233 wrote:
How do we not see eye to eye on the YJ 6 in. singles? Those are WAY overpriced. I was only willing to buy Robin because of the base and I'll do the same for Red Arrow but I'm not touching the others.

In case you missed it, there is a deal on the 4 six inch YJ figures being discussed in the YJ thread.

Now back to DC All-Stars.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 am 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

In case you missed it, there is a deal on the 4 six inch YJ figures being discussed in the YJ thread.

I saw it but I don't trust it and it's not even there when I tried to look at it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 am 
5th Horseman

j1h15233 wrote:

They shouldn't be. Hasbro has already announced the retail price is $14.99. Add in the fact that the BaF is still in that re-launched line, and Hasbro continues to provide better value for the money than Mattel as they have for the past few years consistently. It is possible that stores will jack up prices higher as we've seen on recent DCUC waves though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

DanMan wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

They shouldn't be. Hasbro has already announced the retail price is $14.99. Add in the fact that the BaF is still in that re-launched line, and Hasbro continues to provide better value for the money than Mattel as they have for the past few years consistently. It is possible that stores will jack up prices higher as we've seen on recent DCUC waves though.

Last time I checked the MSRP was 14.99, which was true for DCUC too and they were sold at 18. If that's change then I'm wrong but I expect Legends to be at least 17.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:

I thought a while back you kind of critized me for buying the single in china (with no accessory) for 13 bucks as opposed to 19.99 plus tax.

Who am I thinking of if it wasn't you? I'm far too lazy to search back through my posts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:25 am 
declined to be a vampire

superfriend wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Since you want to steer this back to DC All Stars...link to the YJ post about the deal? I'd be interested in that.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I thought a while back you kind of critized me for buying the single in china (with no accessory) for 13 bucks as opposed to 19.99 plus tax.

Who am I thinking of if it wasn't you? I'm far too lazy to search back through my posts.

That was me, but I wasn't criticizing. I just didn't understand why the figure was worth 13 but the base wasn't worth another 6.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next