Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: 11/15 MattyCollector.com Sale/JLU Special Sale
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 pm 
Fugitive Dust

So as usual the November sale information has now been posted on Mattycollector.com:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... ovSaleNews

Quote:
Toy Fans,

Oh man, I hope you're ready for this! Our November 15th sale is jam-packed with awesome products you've been waiting for, like a JLU 7-pack, Wave 18 and, as selected by fan vote, the handsome Swiftwind™ in white. But we didn't stop there… in fact, we've added a very special sale just for Justice League Unlimited fans that you won't believe! Read on for all the details.

November 15th Sale
First, let's start with our regular sale. Arrive at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, November 15th, and you find a trio of long-awaited MOTUC figures, a collection-completing JLU 7-pack, and all of the Wave 18 figures you'll need to create the Collect and Connect® figure Apache Chief.

MOTUC Snout Spout™ (Club Eternia® Figure of the Month, included with 2011 subscriptions)
MOTUC Swiftwind™ (Club Eternia® "quarterly beast" figure, included with 2011 subscriptions)
MOTUC Bubble Power™ She-Ra® (not included with 2011 subscriptions)
JLU 7-pack (Gypsy, Crimson Avenger, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt w/stand, Dr. Mid-Nite, Speedy, The Creeper)
DCU Classics Wave 18 Toyman
DCU Classics Wave 18 Black Vulcan
DCU Classics Wave 18 Samurai
DCU Classics Wave 18 El Dorado
DCU Classics Wave 18 Captain Boomerang
DCU Classics Wave 18 Bronze Tiger Classic

There's also great news for subscribers of Club Eternia®… open your Snout Spout™ package and you'll find a special bonus sticker sheet featuring the MOTU teams! This sticker sheet is a subscriber-only freebie and orders placed on the day of the sale won't come with the sticker sheet.

Hang on, because we're not done yet… you'll also be able to get six fan-favorite Retro-Action® figures all in one fell swoop! A complete set makes the perfect holiday gift for your favorite 8" collector (especially if that happens to be you!).

Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes "Shazam!"
Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes Black Adam
Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes Martian Manhunter
Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes Darkseid
Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes Superman™
Retro-Action® DC Super Heroes Batman™

November Subscription Information
If you're a subscription holder, here's the rundown of charges and key dates for November:

Club Eternia®: Snout Spout™ $20, Swiftwind™ $30 = $50 total
Club Ecto-1: No subscription figure = $0 total
Subscription Combo (2 Eternia®, 0 Ecto-1): $50 total

Please remember that if you have multiple subscriptions, you’ll need to multiply each of those amounts by the number of subscriptions you have. Shipping costs, taxes and fees are additional and vary depending on location and shipping method you choose.

Your card will be charged 5 calendar days before the on-sale date, so plan to have funds available by Thursday, November 10, 2011. Subscription orders will begin shipping 2 business days before the on-sale date, which will be Friday, November 11, 2011.

Justice League Unlimited Sale 11/15 – 11/28
Alright, JLU fans, this is your chance to pick up all your favorite collection-essential figures at ridiculously low prices! The sale starts Tuesday, November 15th at 9 a.m. PT and ends Monday November 28th at 11:59 p.m. PT. At these prices, they're bound to go faster than you can say "The Flash" so get there early for best selection!

JLU Darkseid & Kalibak 2-Pack Was $25, Now $12
JLU Parademon 2-Pack Was $25, Now $12
JLU 3-Pack Featuring The Flash, Green Lantern & Hawkman Was $20, Now $10
JLU 3-Pack Featuring Adam Strange, Animal Man & Star Man Was $20 Now $10
JLU S.T.R.I.P.E. Was $20, Now $10

Want more? How about this… the regular price for a JLU 4-pack is already a great deal at $30 per pack. For this special sale, buy 10 packs and you'll pay only $12 each (plus shipping & taxes). And if you buy 20 packs, they'll be just $10 each. Better yet, buy 30 packs and you'll pay the crazy-low price of only $8 per pack! Yes, you read that right - $8 for a pack of four figures! Gather your friends and combine your orders because as long as one person orders and the order ships to one address, you can get them in any combination and the discount applies!

These are the packs that qualify for this insane deal:

JLU “Shazam!” Family 4-Pack
JLU Legion of Super Heroes 4-Pack
JLU Gotham City Criminals 4-Pack
JLU Justice Guild 4-Pack
JLU Doom Patrol 4-Pack

And here's a summary of the pricing (plus shipping & taxes):

Buy 10 packs, pay $12 each
Buy 20 packs, pay $10 each
Best Deal! Buy 30 packs, pay $8 each

Again, both sales start Tuesday, November 15th at 9 a.m. Pacific (12 noon Eastern). Click here to register for an email reminder, or get them on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums. Until then, rest up, toy fans, because this is gonna BIG!

–Matty

Is this the big JLU news? Probably not (FanGirl said there will be JLU news for 2012), but either way, great prices for those that couldn't/didn't get any of the previous JLU offerings except Lobo.

I thought I would help out with the prices for those that don't feel like doing the math for the JLU 4-packs sale:
Buy 10 packs-$120 + S&H
Buy 20 packs-$200 + S&H
Buy 30 packs-$240 + S&H

Last edited by Velocity on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 11/15 MattyCollector.com Sale/JLU Special Sale
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Wow... I hope that is not what we all got so excited over.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 pm 
Fugitive Dust

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
Wow... I hope that is not what we all got so excited over.

I highly doubt it, FanGirl said "We will have some more JLU news to announce for 2012"

I really think this is more of a test to see how devoted JLU fans are at this moment. We weren't always the happiest in terms of the prices. So I wonder how much previous JLU offers will be sold (I for one might be getting the two 3-packs again). What I don't hope is that this sale (not the 7-Pack) will determine the future releases of the toys we want at this point.

Last edited by Velocity on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm 
Variant Head

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA SOOOOOOOOOO glad I waited on the last JLU 3 packs !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:12 pm 
Aspires to be #1

1. If that's there big JLU news I'm going to be pissed (I don't think it is though because she said 2012)

2. I can't BELIEVE they're screwing up another NEW JLU sale. How many people will buy one less 7-pack now to get some of this other stuff? It's like Mattel thinks we're all made of money and that we'll buy the 7-packs we wanted plus this other stuff

3. This really sucks for everyone who supported these items on the day of the sale, especially the two 3-packs that just went on sale.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:19 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Wow, that's a crazy JLU sale!

I didn't realize Mattel had so many JLU figures left.

For all those collectors who wanted to save money on shipping, now's your chance. If I didn't already have all of those figures, I would be all over this sale.

All those scalpers trying to sell JLU sets on eBay for $50 a pop are gonna be ticked off. Or maybe they will swoop in and buy the remaining sets on Matty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Real good time to army build with those parademon packs. I love those figures.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 pm 
ABS

Velocity wrote:
I thought I would help out with the prices for those that don't feel like doing the math for the JLU 4-packs sale:
Buy 10 packs-$120 + S&H
Buy 20 packs-$200 + S&H
Buy 30 packs-$300 + S&H

Velocity, thanks for posting the news! I just wanted to bring something to your attention. The "Buy 30 packs-$300 +S&H" should be Buy 30 packs - $240 + S&H (If you buy 30 packs, each is $8, not $10). I don't mean to criticize - I appreciate you posting this and gaining more attention for JLU (any help in selling JLU on Matty is always greatly appreciated!).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 pm 
Brand Manager

I agree with everything Joel said. Plus:

4. I couldn't find Giganta in that list. Looks like I'm still screwed.

5. Seems like e-tailers and comic book stores are the real beneficiaries of this sale. 'Cause I can't really believe that there are customers out there who've waited this long to buy their 4-packs. (And even if I were a customizer, I'd still be hard pressed to find proper projects for so many figures. Oh, well. Time will tell.)

PS: Any idea when Battleground Evil-Lyn is scheduled to come out? For some reason, I thought November was her release date.

Last edited by red Ricky on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
ABS

red Ricky wrote:
PS: Any idea when Battleground Evil-Lyn is scheduled to come out? For some reason, I thought November was her release date.

Ricky, Battleground Evil-Lyn is scheduled for December, along with Demo-Man and the WindRaider.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:33 pm 
Brand Manager

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Knows his stuff

I don't want to hear anyone ever say that "Sold Out" means truly SOLD OUT for items listed as such on matty.com again. Or, that matty.com doesn't pull items to get more $ from shipping. This here shows exactly what's what.

BTW - That whole practice seems to have back-fired on them. :shock:

Regards,

G.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:50 pm 
Fugitive Dust

BlackCanary wrote:
Velocity wrote:
Buy 10 packs-$120 + S&H
Buy 20 packs-$200 + S&H
Buy 30 packs-$300 + S&H

Velocity, thanks for posting the news! I just wanted to bring something to your attention. The "Buy 30 packs-$300 +S&H" should be Buy 30 packs - $240 + S&H (If you buy 30 packs, each is $8, not $10). I don't mean to criticize - I appreciate you posting this and gaining more attention for JLU (any help in selling JLU on Matty is always greatly appreciated!).

Thanks for noticing, not that I'm bad at math (I promise I knew it was 240) that just somehow slipped. I don't mind the criticism, it was a mistake I made that has now been corrected!

j1h15233 wrote:

2. I can't BELIEVE they're screwing up another NEW JLU sale. How many people will buy one less 7-pack now to get some of this other stuff? It's like Mattel thinks we're all made of money and that we'll buy the 7-packs we wanted plus this other stuff

I completely understand what you are saying which is why I would like to say to everyone that unless you don't have any previous of the JLU figures being offered to put them on hold (if money is tight for you) until after the 7-Pack is the first (and possible more) JLU item you buy. If you want to combine shipping just make sure you got the right amount of 7-Pack you wanted, the 7-Pack must sell out! The JLU sale doesn't not end until the 28 (which is after Thanksgiving) and I feel that a lot of the figures won't sell out as fast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 pm 
Knows his stuff

That SUCKS. It's a slap in the face to the "loud but not numerous" fans who snapped everything up for full price the first days these sets went on sale.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 pm 
Cold-cast

Weren't they going to put the convention exclusive 3 packs up for sale on Mattycollector at some point? Does anyone know when / if this is going to happen?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next