Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: 11/15 MattyCollector.com Sale/JLU Special Sale
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 am 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
I think this is nothing but JLU clearancing. One last try to get rid of their entire JLU stock before they go to discount stores or however Mattel gets rid of stuff that never sold. I'm not sure how people could think this is a good thing for JLU. It makes me feel like an official release on the remaining 3-packs is almost impossible now.

Well to me, those two things are not related at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:03 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:
I think this is nothing but JLU clearancing. One last try to get rid of their entire JLU stock before they go to discount stores or however Mattel gets rid of stuff that never sold. I'm not sure how people could think this is a good thing for JLU. It makes me feel like an official release on the remaining 3-packs is almost impossible now.

Well to me, those two things are not related at all.

You really don't take dumping all of their JLU product a bad sign? I dunno, to me it just sounds like they are washing their hands of all things JLU for good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:19 am 
ABS

If the line ends for good, I wouldn't mind anymore. For one, it seems like Green Lantern Animated figures are coming out very soon and are part of the Timmverse (didn't you guys just love the first two episodes? IMHO they were masterfully written. Hope to see more classic JLU villains than Red Lanterns, though). And aside from thatm Young Justice toys really caught my eye, and if Wave 4 has interesting single characters and amazing two packs with a good C&C figure, all my reserve toy money is going that way.

I think this sale is a nice official goodbye to JLU as we knew it; however, we're all hoping this will not be the case pending FanGirl's announcement. So I guess we'll just have to buy and keep waiting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm 
Brand Manager

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
For one, it seems like Green Lantern Animated figures are coming out very soon and are part of the Timmverse (didn't you guys just love the first two episodes? IMHO they were masterfully written.

I loved all the ribbing between Hal & Kilowog.

"Aha! The Green Lantern on my Planet is Hal Jordan! I'm telling everyone!!!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:54 pm 
PVC

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
If the line ends for good, I wouldn't mind anymore.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I collected all figures since the beginning.

Once Volcana was no where to be found years ago, I considered not trying to collect every figure. After the price increase of the 3 packs happened during a hard economic time, I decided to collect only the figures I really wanted. Then, Matty pulled the stock off the website during the sale periods...wow, that was the third strike.

I still do not have a Volcana figure, and I'm sure many are in this situation here. I was really excited that she was scheduled to be released again, but then came the disappointment again.

Bottom line, I will save lots of money that I can invest rather than spend on figures if the line ends. So, whether the lines ends or keeps on going, it's really a win-win for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

So I've been away for a week. Was this JLU clearance sale the 'big announcement/news' that FanGirl 2.0 teased not too long ago?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:58 am 
Wonderdog

Howard the Duck wrote:
So I've been away for a week. Was this JLU clearance sale the 'big announcement/news' that FanGirl 2.0 teased not too long ago?

We don't know. General consensus is, "We hope not."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

ed case wrote:
Howard the Duck wrote:

We don't know. General consensus is, "We hope not."

No it wasn't. She said the announcement was for 2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Oh. Very good then. Thanks, y'all! Now, can't wait 'til tomorrow! The Seven Pack is all I need, so hopefully site traffic won't be too crazy.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Site traffic is going to be insane.

Its the biggest single sale day they've had this year. 3Motuc items, new JLU, JLU clearance, plus all the other odds and ends and other lines they'll have up tomorrow ....

I've already started getting a headache just thinking about the nightmare WSOD is going to be tomorrow.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 am 
Brand Manager

Howard the Duck wrote:

This is probably "The Promotion" she was talking about. The "big news" is still to come.

bat313 wrote:

If this is the last remaining stock from their leftover Customer Service Stock, then I have to agree with Joel. Those two things may not be related at all. I mean... I think that by law (or internal policy) they often hold on to some figures for promotions and/or exchanges. They also receive stock back (after the sales) on account of returns and/or undelivered items. I know that's happened to me once or twice.

Either way, I expect these items to be in low numbers and move fast. Like Lobo & Battlecat did last year.

And as far as this being "good news" for JLU... I don't know.

Hopefully this will create some momentum towards whatever "plans" they have for JLU next year. To be honest, I am hoping that they'll announce an "Animated" DC Universe line that spotlights Green Lantern: The Animated Series, but also integrates JLU. 'Cause after seeing all the GL merchandise in all sorts of scales and lines pegwarm for six months... well, we all kinda know that there is going to be a bias towards anything Green Lantern in 2012.
(Even if the show ends up being extremely popular with kids, parents and grandparents!) :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:08 am 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
You really don't take dumping all of their JLU product a bad sign? I dunno, to me it just sounds like they are washing their hands of all things JLU for good.

What are they supposed to do with it? Burn it? Give it away? They're just trying to get rid of leftover stock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8