Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 11/15 MattyCollector.com Sale/JLU Special Sale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm 
Hat Pooper

Yep I was hoping the convention pack were on sale for $10. the only thing I don't have is the Legion 4-pack so I will pick that up. This still kind of sucks. I bought the the other 3 packs for $20. It is kind of soon to do that but if it sales high and this means that the convention 3 packs will sell for less than $20, I'm okay with that. I doubt it though.

Any news when the those convention three packs will go on sale?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:51 pm 
ABS

Okay, here are my two cents, though nobody cares anymore cause I'm supposed to be crazy:

I think this is the BEST decision Mattycollector.com managers have made in a very long time. I mean, if WE (the 'loud but not numerous', extremely irrational and business illiterate JLU fanbase) could foresee what would eventually happen -meaning this massive sale; well at least the non-apologists saw it coming- how could THEY not? Sound business practices and exceptional management my patted rear end!!!

I for one am extremely glad cause A) I can fill the gaps in my collection, B) I get to pay less on items I want more repeats off, C) I continue to support JLU's budget in the hope of getting the remaining threepacks, D) I get a seven pack and several other items will 'saving' some dough on shipping. The list of benefits can keep going. This is actually the first time we haven't been screwed over by Mattel. Sure, some of us bought many items at their original price... but that got us MORE NEW ITEMS. And it 'might' continue to do so (cross my fingers till they twist and deform). If you view it as an investment it's not that big of a deal. I, who am the first to cry out "damn you Mattel" in many situations, have no incentive to do so this time. Be happy we finally got a DEAL on a line we've invested a lot of money into and enjoy your seven packs + whatever else you buy :D!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:34 pm 
5" Scale

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
Okay, here are my two cents, though nobody cares anymore cause I'm supposed to be crazy:

I think this is the BEST decision Mattycollector.com managers have made in a very long time. I mean, if WE (the 'loud but not numerous', extremely irrational and business illiterate JLU fanbase) could foresee what would eventually happen -meaning this massive sale; well at least the non-apologists saw it coming- how could THEY not? Sound business practices and exceptional management my patted rear end!!!

I for one am extremely glad cause A) I can fill the gaps in my collection, B) I get to pay less on items I want more repeats off, C) I continue to support JLU's budget in the hope of getting the remaining threepacks, D) I get a seven pack and several other items will 'saving' some dough on shipping. The list of benefits can keep going. This is actually the first time we haven't been screwed over by Mattel. Sure, some of us bought many items at their original price... but that got us MORE NEW ITEMS. And it 'might' continue to do so (cross my fingers till they twist and deform). If you view it as an investment it's not that big of a deal. I, who am the first to cry out "damn you Mattel" in many situations, have no incentive to do so this time. Be happy we finally got a DEAL on a line we've invested a lot of money into and enjoy your seven packs + whatever else you buy :D!!!

I just marked this day down, I agree with you. time to go to the Doc and get checked out lol j/k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
Be happy we finally got a DEAL on a line we've invested a lot of money into and enjoy your seven packs + whatever else you buy :D!!!

Seriously. Even if I'm not planning on getting any of these it's nice somebody here can save a few bucks here. On the other hand I might pick up some more Parademons so maybe I'll benefit from this too. Hey, It's not like Mattel forced me at gunpoint to buy these at full price the first time around. I'm fine with this sale.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 am 
Collector Inspector

alcinde4 wrote:
This is the first time I've ever seen a JLU discussion spiral out of control...

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 am 
PVC

How much are the wave 18 figures?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

most likely they will be 15.99 or 16.99. Something very akin to the retail price (since Matty sets the MSRP that retails are supposed to be following).

Plus tax (where applicable) and shipping.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am 
shirtless hugger

Milo Garret wrote:
How much are the wave 18 figures?

Probably $15 each, if they're the same price as the wave 17 figures were.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 am 
PVC

Cool, thanks.

Now back to "JLU: WTF? - The Animated Series"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:55 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

What happened to the Ultimate Movie Master Hal Jordan? I read that it was going to be available on the 15th but its not listed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

The Ultimate Movie Master Hal Jordan is on the bundle order page for $60.

The DCUC Wave 18 figures are listed at $15 apiece.

I'm guessing the JLU sale will have its own page.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm 
Fugitive Dust

GregNYC wrote:
The Ultimate Movie Master Hal Jordan is on the bundle order page for $60.

The DCUC Wave 18 figures are listed at $15 apiece.

I'm guessing the JLU sale will have its own page.

Thanks for the link!

So on the JLU page, the 7-Pack is displayed (they finally got it right) and some of the JLU figures have been changed to the sale price but it still says "Sold Out." They probably won't change that until the 15th. Although, you might notice something odd under what the 7-Pack title says.

JLU Page:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... D.12524500

JLU 7-Pack Page:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .241477600

I also want to point out two things. One, the JLU 7-Pack is on the top of the main site (the link that sends you to the bundle page). And two, the description of the JLU 7-Pack does not say anything about being the last JLU product. That could be a sign of more to come.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:43 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

"Justice League Unlimited 7-Pack
DC Universe Classics" :?: :?: :?:

Still no Animal Man and Golden age packs on the JLU page.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:09 pm 
Unbreakable

Aww, you don't want to rush them do ya?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 pm 
5th Horseman

I'm really excited about this sale, because for the first time in a long while, I feel like JLU figures will be priced at a fair to excellent value! I mostly ducked out of the line with the Target price hikes, but with these prices I plan on picking up everything I skipped from the past year.

I wish Matty had been more flexible in pricing from the start, as it'll be interesting to see how fast these go. Are there many others like me who want these figures, but felt they were priced too high?

My only concern now is that I'll miss out on some of these!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next