Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 11/15 MattyCollector.com Sale/JLU Special Sale
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

GregNYC wrote:
The Ultimate Movie Master Hal Jordan is on the bundle order page for $60.

The DCUC Wave 18 figures are listed at $15 apiece.

I'm guessing the JLU sale will have its own page.

Thanks, I never saw that.

Also I think I will skip the ultimate Hal Jordan 60 bucks for that is about 30.00 to much. I was expecting something around 30-40.00. I guess the lights and sound chip are pretty expensive :roll:

I hate that it has that stupid looking left hand too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm 
Knows his stuff

Velocity wrote:
I also want to point out two things. One, the JLU 7-Pack is on the top of the main site (the link that sends you to the bundle page). And two, the description of the JLU 7-Pack does not say anything about being the last JLU product. That could be a sign of more to come.

Unfortunately, it says:

Quote:
Quite literally complete your collection with this crucial pack from Mattel's decade-long line! Stocked with the last of the card-carrying members of the Justice League, the set includes:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:42 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
Velocity wrote:
I also want to point out two things. One, the JLU 7-Pack is on the top of the main site (the link that sends you to the bundle page). And two, the description of the JLU 7-Pack does not say anything about being the last JLU product. That could be a sign of more to come.

Unfortunately, it says:

Quote:
Quite literally complete your collection with this crucial pack from Mattel's decade-long line! Stocked with the last of the card-carrying members of the Justice League, the set includes:

Now that I read the first part "Quite literally complete your collection" again, I can see how that can mean the last release but I'm sticking with the possibility of getting more figures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:35 am 
An Insider

This sale is okay and all, but what I want to know is:

Why did they originally pull these figures from the site so that fans couldn't save on shipping? Each and every time there was a new JLU pack for sale on mc.com, the previous pack was pulled from stock just a few days prior and marked as 'sold out' or 'gone for good' or whatever jargon they randomly chose to use.
What kind of practice is this? They could have easily sold these at full price when they were originally released if they would have just been cool and allowed fans to bundle their orders. Instead, they went for the cheap buck by gouging us with their inflated shipping costs.

Also, we've been told all year that any kind of future that JLU may have, if any at all, rests on the sales of this forthcoming 7 pack. How is this pack supposed to perform well when fans may spend all of their cash on packs that they missed before because they were pulled, only to think that this new 7 pack will be re-released on the site in the future at a deep discount?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:08 am 
3 3/4"

zaxilla2 wrote:

Why did they originally pull these figures from the site so that fans couldn't save on shipping? Each and every time there was a new JLU pack for sale on mc.com, the previous pack was pulled from stock just a few days prior and marked as 'sold out' or 'gone for good' or whatever jargon they randomly chose to use.
What kind of practice is this? They could have easily sold these at full price when they were originally released if they would have just been cool and allowed fans to bundle their orders. Instead, they went for the cheap buck by gouging us with their inflated shipping costs.

Also, we've been told all year that any kind of future that JLU may have, if any at all, rests on the sales of this forthcoming 7 pack. How is this pack supposed to perform well when fans may spend all of their cash on packs that they missed before because they were pulled, only to think that this new 7 pack will be re-released on the site in the future at a deep discount?

I completely agree. They could have cleared out more stock and received more money if these older figures had just been available when the newer stuff came out. I'm sure some people would have paid full price to combine shipping with the new stuff they were buying. I fear that people might not buy extras of the 7-pack now and instead choose to load up on the cheaper older stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

Now this isn't a good excuse at all, but I think they always did that because they didn't want to pay the warehouse fees on the older products anymore so they pulled them and moved them somewhere else. I think it's interesting that Mattel doesn't have their own warehouses for this stuff but that's a whole different story.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

zaxilla2 wrote:

By pulling products before they actually sold out, Mattel was trying to shorten supply and increase demand. It's just a sales gimmick. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Don't take it personally. Mattel doesn't make money by being "cool." It makes money by selling toys. It's just a big corporate machine.

Take advantage of Mattel's mistake. It might not happen again. (But it probably will.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 am 
Wonderdog

GregNYC wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:

By pulling products before they actually sold out, Mattel was trying to shorten supply and increase demand. It's just a sales gimmick. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Don't take it personally. Mattel doesn't make money by being "cool." It makes money by selling toys. It's just a big corporate machine.

Take advantage of Mattel's mistake. It might not happen again. (But it probably will.)

Seriously, the why of it doesn't really matter at this point. They obviously screwed up. I'm sure they'd rather get full price.

I paid full price for everything. And while it would've been a lot cooler to get it all at these prices, it's done and nothing is going to change that. But I've been wanting doubles of a handful of these figures for customs, so I plan on taking advantage of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:13 am 
Brand Manager

GregNYC wrote:

But they sat on the product for a year. So it didn't really increase demand. For that to have worked, they should've reissued the product no later than 3-months. And in some cases, the timing would've mattered (i.e. if Kalibak gets pulled before Christmas, he needs to be back by Easter.)

GregNYC wrote:

Not taking it personally, but I'm still wondering about "last year's logic" of pulling Kalibak & the Parademons after 10 days, so that people couldn't get a $2.50 discount; only to sell them a year later at 50%-off.

The only possible and rational explanation that I have is that our efforts at the Save the JLU campaign actually worked and we were able to sell a substantial portion of their pulled and hidden inventory.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I can't answer for Mattel's decisions. It just looks like a ploy to heighten demand by decreasing supply. That's a common business practice. Like I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:28 am 
Cold-cast

I think I remember a previous post from Matty that said Digital River charges them to keep the product in their warehouse. Maybe the remaining JLU stock was shipped back to Mattel after each sale?

It's possible Mattel is sending all of the unsold JLU back to Digital River for one last big blowout sale.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:35 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

...and if it doesn't all "blowout" this time around I wonder if it will return again or possibly end up at discount stores. Can there even be enough product left to make sense for a discount store to want to purchase it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I feel the way some others have said it's basically a slap in the face to those that support the line and bought the packages the day they came out. What's the point of buying the 7 pack now for $55 when it's going to be $25 or $30 in a few months? Unless it says "gone for good" it's not sold out. And even then I'm starting to wonder. I appreciate them keeping the line going, but at the same time, I'm sure they appreciate my money.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:48 am 
ABS

I personally think that the sale is partially targetting the online stores such as BBTS and EE. The 'buy tens of stuff and pay less' scheme might be a way to make this product interesting to online stores, and thus a way fro Mattel to transfer the product from their storage place to online stores, leaving space for new products.

Check http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14514 (New entries! - July 10, 2012)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 am 
shirtless hugger

I think this is nothing but JLU clearancing. One last try to get rid of their entire JLU stock before they go to discount stores or however Mattel gets rid of stuff that never sold. I'm not sure how people could think this is a good thing for JLU. It makes me feel like an official release on the remaining 3-packs is almost impossible now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next