Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Thursday Nov 15 - JLU 7-pack on sale!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I think Tex is right. Sold Out means nothing. Heck, even Gone For Good means very little. I remember the Shazam 4-pack being being listed as both yet it's currently the only JLU item besides the stands up for sale right now.
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

If Mattel wants to refute it, they can post it here their reasons for not having anymore JLU 7-packs available,
other than sold out do to good sales.

I would however, like to hear their explanation for this.

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
If not they can always keep their word and send out the missing Toyman 3-packs to us. :lol:

I wouldn't imply this either. They never actually promised us any more figures. Just said they'd look into it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I really don't care if they explain it or not as it is pretty simple they just pulled it like they usually do for most items after a few weeks. If it was profitable for them they will most likely make the rest of the figures. If it bombed they won't. Pretty obvious to me.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm 
Collector Inspector

ian5555 wrote:
I really don't care if they explain it or not as it is pretty simple they just pulled it like they usually do for most items after a few weeks. If it was profitable for them they will most likely make the rest of the figures. If it bombed they won't. Pretty obvious to me.

Yeah, the situation is pretty obvious to us all. What we want to know is the answer to the will they/won't they release the other figures. Which isn't obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Sure it is. If they release them the pack sold well, if not it didn't or they just decided to take a chance which I highly doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:38 pm 
Collector Inspector

lol We are almost communicating! Again, you're saying "it's either going to be THIS or THAT." I know what the two options are. I want to now which ONE of the two options it's going to be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:47 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Not quite as you still are not getting it. The question was how did the 7-pack sell not are they releasing the other figures.

It's obvious to me if they release they figures the 7-pack sold well. Take your time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm 
Collector Inspector

Fine. But you're still presenting an "If... then..." question as opposed to having an answer. Regardless, this isn't a fruitful line of discussion so, boom, done. Moving on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:37 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That is my point, I don't care what the answer is and expect no explanation. If I get the figures, cool, if not, oh well. I jut figured "if" we do get them it is because the 7 pack did well. Just my opinion is all :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I do care what the answer is.
I don't expect/demand/need an explanation but would still like to hear one if they give one.
And to be frank, I don't care if they sold 10% or 100% of their stock. I would like them to release the rest of the figures regardless. I don't expect/demand/need them to release the rest of the figures but it will still be great if they do. I don't think Mattel is crazy enough to go through with it if the 7-pack bombed but if they are I'm certainly not going to mind.

Here's a little something from our most recent Q&A with Matty:

Q4. The other day FanGirl 2.0 hinted that there was some "good news" coming for JLU fans (in 2012?) Fans were wondering if that was the 11/15 MattyCollector sale where the more you buy the cheaper they are, or if there is some other news/reveal still to come?

A4. The November Mattycollector.com JLU sale was some good news! But don’t worry…there is more coming!

Doesn't say much really. Could just be yet another sale. At least it gives us a little more hope for the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:11 am 
5" Scale

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Too late, I implied it already. :P

If Mattel wants to refute it, they can post it here their reasons for not having anymore JLU 7-packs available,

If not they can always keep their word and send out the missing Toyman 3-packs to us. :lol:

Excellent tactic. Once you're explaining, you're losing. Let Mattel be on the defensive for once.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 am 
categorically opposed

Fone Bone wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Too late, I implied it already. :P

Excellent tactic. Once you're explaining, you're losing. Let Mattel be on the defensive for once.

They don't have to explain anything. Anyone who has been paying attention knows exactly what happens to products on MattyCollector.

If they're not sold out within a week or so, they're yanked because the expense to store them in Digital River's fulfillment center(s) is greater than the profit that they would make by selling the items. You know a product is yanked when it goes straight from "Available" to "Sold Out." The only time that a product is legitimately sold out (outside of the customer service stock, whatever that amount is) is when it makes the progression from "Available" to "Almost Gone" to "Sold Out."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:11 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

BINGO.

No "Almost Gone" no true "Sell Out."

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:20 am 
Aspires to be #1

I would love to hear Mattel explain why they don't have their own warehouse and run their own online store. Do they seriously not have enough money to sell items from their own warehouse instead of moving them to a DR warehouse and having them sell the items for 2 weeks and then moving them somewhere else with no chance to sell?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:25 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
I would love to hear Mattel explain why they don't have their own warehouse and run their own online store. Do they seriously not have enough money to sell items from their own warehouse instead of moving them to a DR warehouse and having them sell the items for 2 weeks and then moving them somewhere else with no chance to sell?

The whole Matty setup is an afterthought to Mattel as a whole.

But it would be interesting to know why MattyCollector has to be separate from the Mattel Shop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

The whole Matty setup is an afterthought to Mattel as a whole.

But it would be interesting to know why MattyCollector has to be separate from the Mattel Shop.

Exactly. Where are all the Mattel Shop toys stored and why can't the current MC.com stuff be stored there as well? Just leave things up on the site. Maybe sales were slow now on the 7-pack but when you move them to a different warehouse and declare them sold out sales are non existent.