Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ask Matty 11/15
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm 
Displays Backwards

j1h15233 wrote:
How is this not a bigger deal right now? They just gave us a version for the LOSH and one for the JSA. I'm pumped not only for this figure, but the for the possibilities for other figures.

I'm quite happy he's getting the bearded head. I wanted the LOSH version and I'm getting one. Didn't want any of the other sub figs, but Starman for sure. And hopefully more Legion. And more. And more....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
AnimateTed wrote:
No one's commenting on the repeated douchery of non answering about the Super Powers Penguin! To paraphrase Kathy Bates in Misery "That's not how it was... We all Saw it... Have they All Got Amnesia!? They Just Cheated Us! HE WAS IN THE COCKADOOODIE CASE!"

It's obviously meant to be a sarcastic/humorous answer. Lighten up.

I'm not upset with the answer. It's annoying that they wasted a spot for an honest question on about every website.

I think that is what annoys me most. We all know there are things they can't answer. It's common sense. Maybe not about a particular question, but it's common sense.

So, instead of wasting 2+ spots each week with a "sorry, we can't answer that" or whatever, why not find 5 questions they can answer?

I noticed this week, moreso than in the past, a lot of crappy answers like that.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 am 
categorically opposed

Bunger43 wrote:
I'm not upset with the answer. It's annoying that they wasted a spot for an honest question on about every website.

I think that is what annoys me most. We all know there are things they can't answer. It's common sense. Maybe not about a particular question, but it's common sense.

So, instead of wasting 2+ spots each week with a "sorry, we can't answer that" or whatever, why not find 5 questions they can answer?

I noticed this week, moreso than in the past, a lot of crappy answers like that.

They don't choose the questions.

If they did, do you think they'd answer the exact same question on 15 different websites?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

If they did, do you think they'd answer the exact same question on 15 different websites?

Yea you can't blame Mattel that each site submits the same exact question. And most of the time that I've bothered to look, that happens because the same posters go to every site they can and post their questions so they have a better chance of getting one in.

And SP Penguin is being treated the same way Zebra Batman was. The only difference is that people actually want SP Penguin and he'll actually be coming out. Based on their non-answer, I think they probably have something cool saved for him and whoever comes with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:21 am 
declined to be a vampire

MoMoney wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

They don't choose the ones they answer?. And yes, I get that all sites don't coordinate. That doesn't mean they have to "non answer" so many questions each week. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, each website only has 5 questions submitted and they answer the only ones they get. I mean, that's the most likely scenario, right?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Last edited by Bunger43 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Yea you can't blame Mattel that each site submits the same exact question. And most of the time that I've bothered to look, that happens because the same posters go to every site they can and post their questions so they have a better chance of getting one in.

And SP Penguin is being treated the same way Zebra Batman was. The only difference is that people actually want SP Penguin and he'll actually be coming out. Based on their non-answer, I think they probably have something cool saved for him and whoever comes with him.

I get that, and that's wonderful.

But don't waste an answer with the "there was a Super Power Penguin"

I get they are trying to be funny. And maybe they were. But don't waste an answer spot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 am 
categorically opposed

Bunger43 wrote:
They don't choose the ones they answer?. And yes, I get that all sites don't coordinate. That doesn't mean they have to "non answer" so many questions each week. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, each website only has 5 questions submitted and they answer the only ones they get. I mean, that's the most likely scenario, right?

No. No way is Mattel going to comb through all the questions that pile up over the course of a two-week period on every site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:50 am 
Former King of Posts

Bunger43 wrote:
But don't waste an answer with the "there was a Super Power Penguin". ... But don't waste an answer spot.

The sites choose which questions to send. We at AFI clearly state that we do the selection. SP Penguin is something that had a lot of people asking how it was going to be released, so we asked. It was part of our five questions.

Mattel's choice is in how they answer the question, not which questions are asked. They did not waste "an answer spot". They replied with an answer. The fact that 8 websites asked the same basic question means that there is a lot of interest in that product.

You might feel the question spot was wasted, but if we did not ask and no one else asked because we all felt that the other sites would and no one did, people would be complaining that no one asked about the SP Penguin.

Clearly, Mattel wants the SP Penguin to remain a mystery a bit longer. I liked the funny angle better than "We cannot comment on this yet."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

Each site gets to submit 5 questions and 5 questions only. If every site submits the same exact 5 questions then Mattel can either answer them or not. They don't choose anything

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 am 
Brand Manager

Hey I feel like they answered it the best they could. I mean remeber naked Cheetah she was asked about and at the time they had a plan it may have been 99% ready to go but it never got the final approval or whatever. I thin they just dont want to let the cat out of the bag at the moment in case it their plans fall through ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 am 
declined to be a vampire

Fair enough.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. :lol:

superfriend wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:
But don't waste an answer with the "there was a Super Power Penguin". ... But don't waste an answer spot.

The sites choose which questions to send. We at AFI clearly state that we do the selection. SP Penguin is something that had a lot of people asking how it was going to be released, so we asked. It was part of our five questions.

Mattel's choice is in how they answer the question, not which questions are asked. They did not waste "an answer spot". They replied with an answer. The fact that 8 websites asked the same basic question means that there is a lot of interest in that product.

You might feel the question spot was wasted, but if we did not ask and no one else asked because we all felt that the other sites would and no one did, people would be complaining that no one asked about the SP Penguin.

Clearly, Mattel wants the SP Penguin to remain a mystery a bit longer. I liked the funny angle better than "We cannot comment on this yet."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am 
5th Horseman

j1h15233 wrote:
AnimateTed wrote:
No one's commenting on the repeated douchery of non answering about the Super Powers Penguin! To paraphrase Kathy Bates in Misery "That's not how it was... We all Saw it... Have they All Got Amnesia!? They Just Cheated Us! HE WAS IN THE COCKADOOODIE CASE!"

It's obviously meant to be a sarcastic/humorous answer. Lighten up.

So was mine... Lightening up on your end and less criticizing would also work!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am 
serves the Otter

AnimateTed wrote:

My take is that they have changed their minds and SP Penguin is no longer stated to be released in a 3-pack.

In fact, my Spider-Sense has "zero-in" on the possibility that SP Penguin will be a "chase figure" in the new "DC All-Stars" line. And that the cryptic message "there was a Super Powers Penguin in the case???" refers to "case packouts" instead of NYCC's "window case".

But, hey... What do I know?!?! I'm just your friendly neighborhood red Ricky.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 pm 
shirtless hugger

superfriend wrote:

That's why we asked. Plus, it's really the kind of question that Mattel would normally answer - it just ended up not being one because they wanted to be coy.

For my part, I was annoyed a little when I initially read it in my e-mail (though the Starman answer more than made up for it). As I read it on each subsequent site, it got a little more humorous each time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 pm 
shirtless hugger

Two more have cropped up:

Elkk Thunder - http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2011 ... -with.html

RumorBuster - http://therumorbuster.com/2011/11/16/as ... r-15-2011/