Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Matty Blowout Black Friday Sale 11/25-11/28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 pm 
Collector Inspector

I've been watching and waiting for them to mark down Swamp Thing, but it's not happening. Can anyone sell me on that figure? Is it any good? How big is it? is he like 12 inches or something? I'm sitting on the fence, close to pulling the trigger, but I don't know how bad I need him. I'd like to display him with Zatanna, Blue Devil, Deadman, Etrigan and Dr. Fate but I don't know how vital that is.

Kilowog got a nice mark down. I really want it but I just can't justify owning two Kilowogs from two toy lines. Really struggling with this sale. If they had the Missing In Action GL movie masters singles and some DCUC 2 packs, I'd be rolling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 pm 
Variant Head

funtime3 wrote:
I've been watching and waiting for them to mark down Swamp Thing, but it's not happening. Can anyone sell me on that figure? Is it any good? How big is it? is he like 12 inches or something? I'm sitting on the fence, close to pulling the trigger, but I don't know how bad I need him. I'd like to display him with Zatanna, Blue Devil, Deadman, Etrigan and Dr. Fate but I don't know how vital that is.

Kilowog got a nice mark down. I really want it but I just can't justify owning two Kilowogs from two toy lines. Really struggling with this sale. If they had the Missing In Action GL movie masters singles and some DCUC 2 packs, I'd be rolling.

Honeslty Swamp Thing so underwhelmed me. My honest suggestion is to be patient you will find him cheaper I am thinking. I mean his movement is pretty hindered by the exoskin stuff. I doubt the skin will hold up to the test of time. THe un-men were pretty cool but Swampy feels
underdone. I wish he looked more monsterish/plant like. He has a couplevines abd flowers.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 pm 
Unbreakable

Curse my workplace for having a sketchy wireless router! I wanted Vikor and BG Teela for $10 and now Vikor is sold out. :x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

TrapJaw and Faker are gone. Matty added Mer-Man and Webstor.

Webstor and Keldor were half off, but they are back at full price now.

It's fascinating watching what sells out and at what price. I keep going back to the page for updates.

EDIT

Webstor and Keldor are gone, replaced by Tri-Klops at half-off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:44 pm 
Mint on Card

It's crazy. Weird thing is that they haven't put He-Man yet.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

this is one time that patience has paid off. I picked up Adora, Clawful and Battle Cat for their discounted price last week, today I picked up Tri-Clops! I was never a completist of the original line, but I'm really happy being able to snag these at a cut rate!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

So is this it? No more new product is showing up!!! :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 pm 
We're going streaking!

I wish DCUC and Ghostbusters got a little more love during this sale. I guess both had their moments recently, especially Ghostbusters, but if they would have dropped the price of the GB 6-Inch figures a little bit more, say, to $10, I might have bit on a Swamp Thing too.

I keep forgetting about the JLU 7-Pack, but honestly, I don't feel like paying $55 for something everyone else will be paying $27.50-$40 for a month or two from now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:35 am 
Mint on Card

It's funny as a kid I always liked the original Masters but it was my kid brother's line that he collected. I was always into GI Joe to this day which is my main line. But I really got into the 200x series. Have all the heroes from that line as well as most of the comics that were released and the DVD box set of all the episodes. But after hunting for those and picking up some of the 'Staction' figures that were released (Clamp Champ, Snout Spout and Rio Blast), I didn't want to get into the Masters Classics. I was resisting the line for the most part not wanting to be a completist, only picking up Man-At-Arms in the initial release. Earlier this year I picked up the re-release of Zodak as he was a great design from the 200x series and Man-E-Faces in his original release. But with this sale I wanted at the very least to get Teela and Orko, unfortunately those were the two I wasn't able to snag..ha ha. But picked up more than I was planning for ordering stuff as my wife was looking at me yesterday morning..ha ha.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

TRDouble wrote:
I keep forgetting about the JLU 7-Pack, but honestly, I don't feel like paying $55 for something everyone else will be paying $27.50-$40 for a month or two from now.

I have a feeling that other collectors may be thinking the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Can't believe I missed out on this sale! :( Really would have liked to get several of those MOTUC figures.