Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty Blowout Black Friday Sale 11/25-11/28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... 2716121709

Wow.......

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 pm 
5th Horseman

So much for "Sold Out". Why will any of us, from this point on, worry about getting on at 9AM every 15th of the month anymore? It's very clear that Mattel has been instigating demand by misleading customers about the supply.

Hats off to them for causing a fervor over their product... but as a consumer, I can't trust them anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm 
5th Horseman

Whoa it looks like a real web store with a decent selection of products to buy all at once!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 pm 
ABS

From the looks of the banner, Matty was serious about the fact that they were going to be adding more products to the sale than just what they listed today.

Count Marzo is shown in the Black Friday sale banner, but is not up on the bundle page. I wonder if they have a whole bunch of different figures to put up once another figure sells out. I'm pretty sure Teela and Orko will go pretty fast. I'm expecting Stratos and the original yellow Evil-Lyn to be part of the sale since their reissues never sold out earlier in the year. I am also willing to bet that the DC Retro Green Lanterns make an appearance this weekend.

Matty's original posting also mentioned that they were going to be changing the deals that they offer. I wonder if they will lower the prices down to 60% on some of the items on Monday like they did with the Halloween sale? Most likely not that low, but maybe another 20% or 40% off deal is possible. Either way, unless it is an in-demand item, you might be better off waiting.

Also, one last point. I found it interesting that Matty posted "we'll have well over 50 items available, all at 10% off!" but out of the 57 items they put up, only 49 of them are 10% off. I wonder if they will still take 10% off items like StayPuft and YJ Superboy in Cloning Chamber? According to the terms of the sale ALL items will be 10% off. As of right now, they don't even have 50 items for 10% off!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:49 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Wow, indeed.

I just might bite on a few of these (palace guards and skeletor, anyway). I didn't see much in the way of DCUC product, however.

If they were to drop the Justice in the Jungle 2-pack significantly, I'd probably pick one up.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:21 pm 
We're going streaking!

I was hoping for a Retro-Heroes Guy Gardner, but nada thus far. If they put him up and still have a Slime Blower Winston (and his price drops a bit), I will grab something. Swamp Thing is tempting since I skipped him the first time around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
Wow, indeed.

I just might bite on a few of these (palace guards and skeletor, anyway). I didn't see much in the way of DCUC product, however.

If they were to drop the Justice in the Jungle 2-pack significantly, I'd probably pick one up.

I'd pick that one up too. The Color of Fear 2-pack is the one they should really bring back though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:14 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

So the Orko is marked SDCC & Capt. Glenn is shown packaged as Queen Marlena. Any chance they're the San Diego exclusives?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:53 pm 
ABS

abuddah wrote:
So the Orko is marked SDCC & Capt. Glenn is shown packaged as Queen Marlena. Any chance they're the San Diego exclusives?

Abuddah, both Orkos were marked SDCC when they came out, so this is still just the MattyCollector version. As for Captain Glen, earlier in the day the listing was actually for Queen Marlena. Now the bundle page shows both Captain Glenn in the picture and in text for the name of the figure. My guess is that when you were looking at the bundle page they were in the middle of changing it - so they corrected the name to "Captain Glenn" but did not yet change the Queen Marlena picture to the Captain Glenn one. If you want to get technical, both of them were labeled San Diego Exclusives, but neither one for sale on Black Friday will be the exclusive version of the San Diego exclusives (a bit tautologous, don't you think?).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:20 pm 
PVC

j1h15233 wrote:

I'd pick that one up too. The Color of Fear 2-pack is the one they should really bring back though.

I wouldn't mind another chance at the Orion/Lightray 2-pack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

TRDouble wrote:
I was hoping for a Retro-Heroes Guy Gardner, but nada thus far. If they put him up and still have a Slime Blower Winston (and his price drops a bit), I will grab something. Swamp Thing is tempting since I skipped him the first time around.

Swamp Thing is a great figure, dude. You won't be disappointed. I mean, unless great figures disappoint you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm 
Mint on Card

I'm so tempted to bite on some of the Masters Figures, like Teela, Orko, Moss Man and Queen Marlena.

I'm so tempted to get more into MOTUC but it could get pricey.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:32 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

BlackCanary wrote:
I wonder if they will still take 10% off items like StayPuft and YJ Superboy in Cloning Chamber?

I don't see why Mattel would not discount the YJ Superboy. There were tons of them available at NYCC (along with Blazing Sword Voltron), but no one was buying them.

I don't see anything I'm willing to get just yet, but more items could be added. Is it too soon for Mattel to sell the backup stock of the LOSH sets?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 am 
Collector Inspector

hmm. I'm hoping some more DC Universe items, from any line, make it into the sale today but I'm not holding my breath. I would love another chance at the Animal Man/Bwanna Beast 2- pack because I've missed it before and I was star struck at all you guys who got it in those Matty mystery packs. There must be none left. :(

That said, hmm, I'm considering getting Swamp Thing and Kilowog but I wish the discounts were a little deeper. I'm tempted to buy MOTU. I loved those when I was a kid. But the nostalgia hasn't carried over to my adult life as strong as DC comics. I remember seeing a pile of those Superboys at NYCC. I'm tempted, it's a nice package, but I find the 4-inch line underwhelming. That Superboy should really be marked down too. Now I just have to remember what my login is, I haven't bought from Matty online in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm in for Teela, Bow, Cat-ra, and Tytus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next