Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New $5 coupon from Mattel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 am 
Hat Pooper

GregNYC wrote:
Some minimum-wage earner in the shipping warehouse probably forgot to put them in all the packages headed out the door.

I'm sure if you called Mattel, someone in customer service would send a coupon to you. Mattel had hundreds of them at its booth at NYCC. I picked up several of them and used them to buy Wave 19 at Target.

Funny story...I did call Mattel and gave up after after getting the runaround over a coupon that no one at Mattel seems to know about.

I called the Customer Service # on the Matty site and spoke with someone who was trying to find out about my "code" for 10 minutes. I kept trying to tell her that it was a paper coupon that you redeem in an actual store and she kept calling it a discount code. So I hung up after getting annoyed.

I decided to call back thinking I would get someone with a little more sense...wrong. I went through the whole coupon vs. code deal again. Then I asked to speak to management. I asked him if he knew the difference between a code and a coupon, he told me yes and after 10 minutes of investigating the coupon told me to call Mattel since the number I called only handles the placing of orders. Nothing to do with the actual orders themselves.

So I called Mattel, The lady I spke with told me that they have nothing to do with product from Matty, only product that you purchase in the store and that I should call Matty. She had no idea about any coupon.

So, I tried 1 more time. And was told to call Mattel again which I did 1 last time.

The Mattel rep that I spoke with told me that they have asked Matty to have the Mattel customer Serivce number removed from the Matty site and to not tell Matty customers to call Mattel regarding their issues because they get so may calls regarding Matty and they are 2 separate entities, he told me to call back Matty and ask for a manager. I told him that I had already went through that and got nowhere.

He told me that he had no idea about any coupon and if he had them would send me a whole stack for the trouble that I had been through.

The whole ordeal was somewhat entertaining and worthless in the same regard.

And still no coupon!

Last edited by jediblood on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 am 
3 3/4"

That sounds about right for Matty customer service. I had to keep calling them to get a refund on an order that they cancelled.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 am 
shirtless hugger

I'm sorry to hear that, jediblood. That sucks that you didn't get anywhere after all that.

My package arrived today, and it included a coupon. Ping me your address, and I'll send it to you. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 am 
Hat Pooper

The same thing happen to me. No coupon. Same run around form Matty and Mattel. I wish they would send me a stack of them. That would come in handy with the current sale of $7.99 at Target.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 am 
Mint on Card

Hey guys I'm going to ask you a dumb question, are the coupons just for the DC 6-inch figures or do they work on any Mattel DC Toys? (I.E. Brave and the Bold, YJ, GL)

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 am 
Collector Inspector

just for the DC 6-inch figures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 am 
Mint on Card

tuning4k wrote:
just for the DC 6-inch figures

Thanks tuning4k. I kind of pick and choose the 6-inch figures. I just saw the Arkham City Robin/Joker set. I may bite on it before the sale ends tomorrow. Hopefully it's still at the Target near my house.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:52 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

jediblood wrote:
Funny story...I did call Mattel and gave up after after getting the runaround over a coupon that no one at Mattel seems to know about.

I called the Customer Service # on the Matty site and spoke with someone who was trying to find out about my "code" for 10 minutes. I kept trying to tell her that it was a paper coupon that you redeem in an actual store and she kept calling it a discount code. So I hung up after getting annoyed.

I decided to call back thinking I would get someone with a little more sense...wrong. I went through the whole coupon vs. code deal again. Then I asked to speak to management. I asked him if he knew the difference between a code and a coupon, he told me yes and after 10 minutes of investigating the coupon told me to call Mattel since the number I called only handles the placing of orders. Nothing to do with the actual orders themselves.

So I called Mattel, The lady I spke with told me that they have nothing to do with product from Matty, only product that you purchase in the store and that I should call Matty. She had no idea about any coupon.

So, I tried 1 more time. And was told to call Mattel again which I did 1 last time.

The Mattel rep that I spoke with told me that they have asked Matty to have the Mattel customer Serivce number removed from the Matty site and to not tell Matty customers to call Mattel regarding their issues because they get so may calls regarding Matty and they are 2 separate entities, he told me to call back Matty and ask for a manager. I told him that I had already went through that and got nowhere.

He told me that he had no idea about any coupon and if he had them would send me a whole stack for the trouble that I had been through.

The whole ordeal was somewhat entertaining and worthless in the same regard.

And still no coupon!

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like A LOT of time and effort for a measly five bucks. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 am 
Hat Pooper

Like I said....entertaining.

And still didn't get to the bottom of it.

My point was finding out if they are randomly packed since I only buy DC and didn't get one, but some who bought MOTU got the DC coupon.

It doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

As someone who works in shipping and has experience with pack-in marketing materials, I can say YES, it is a RANDOM THING.

Basically, they place a large stack or box of "coupons" (or whatever it is you are giving out) next to the packing station. As you put in the contents and get ready to seal the box, you should put one of the pack-ins into the box. As your day is usually a busy and hectic monotony of boxes, you sometimes forget to drop one in. Othertimes, you grab two and rather than stop and put one back, you just dump multiples in the box.

Its a mindless, monotonous, and usually tedious task. Its easily forgotten, easily overlooked, and doesn't matter one damn bit to the person filling the boxes. They just need to get the daily shipping done on time.

If you didn't get one, don's sweat it. It doesn't mean anything. If you got multiples, congrats, but again, it doesn't mean anything.

Trust me, adding them to the boxes doesn't make any sense to the person packing the damn things anymore than it does to you that you didn't get one.

No conspiracy here.
Nothing to worry about here.
Its a bonus and not worth the time.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm 
Hat Pooper

I thought I didn't get one but it actually got stuck under the inside flap on the box bottom. It is very tiny coupon so check your boxes before throwing them away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 am 
Hat Pooper

nquick wrote:
I thought I didn't get one but it actually got stuck under the inside flap on the box bottom. It is very tiny coupon so check your boxes before throwing them away.

I took my box apart and didn't see one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:25 am 
Aspires to be #1

If you need a 5 dollar coupon this bad I'll sell you mine for $4.00.