Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: target has all dc lines 50% off!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I believe it goes through 12/3 but I may have misread that earlier today when I was leafing through old figures.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:18 am 
Unbreakable

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I believe it goes through 12/3 but I may have misread that earlier today when I was leafing through old figures.

That is correct... 12/3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:25 am 
ABS

Just picked up Sandman and 6 inch Aqualad for under 20 bucks :mrgreen: Just my luck though that they didnt have any more red arrow :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Finished up my rainbow wave. Wanted to build the Anti Monitor.

I may have some loose figures if any of you are interested (scarecrow for sure, I alraedy had a loose one of him purchased w/o the BAF)

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:50 pm 
Mint on Card

Alas no luck with any other YJ sets from wave 3.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I picked up SC Scarecrow, Atom, Star Sapphire, Flash and Lex this week. Only leaving Hal to give my son a complete Anti-Monitor for Christmas! :D

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I picked up DCUC Wave 17 on the last day of the sale. Very pleased with Blue Lantern Flash, Indigo Tribe Atom, and Star Sapphire Wonder Woman. Only a few minor problems with the set, Orange Lantern Lex Luthor had a loose torso and warped legs, also, one of the hands was broken off of an Anti-Monitor arm.

Couldn't find a White Lantern Hal Jordan, if anyone has one, drop me a line.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Scored the entire wave 17 for $50 ($40 after the spend $50 get a $10 gift card coupon) on the last day of the sale in Van Nuys, CA. This was going to be the first (and only) wave I skipped... but the deal was too good to pass up! Also picked up a YJ Aqualad. The DCUC gods were on my side today!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Frequency wrote:
... also, one of the hands was broken off of an Anti-Monitor arm.

Was it above the "cuff" and below the elbow?... Mine came that way and it had just popped apart (though it was a total B%&$# getting it to go back together). Not saying that yours isn't really broken, just checking if you have the same problem I did.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:21 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I picked up an Indigo Lantern Atom last night for $7.99... all these leaves now is Blue Lantern Flash for me to find and I have a complete Anti-Monitor!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Jim_Abell wrote:
Frequency wrote:
... also, one of the hands was broken off of an Anti-Monitor arm.

Was it above the "cuff" and below the elbow?... Mine came that way and it had just popped apart (though it was a total B%&$# getting it to go back together). Not saying that yours isn't really broken, just checking if you have the same problem I did.

No the fist broke off the arm. At first I thought that it had popped out but it was indeed broke. Just a minor issue, nothing a little Gorilla Glue couldn't fix.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:03 pm 
Collector Inspector

Man, this sale is going to be murder on the completed Anti-Monitor I was going to Swap Meet his week. Now what the heck do I do with two Anti-Monitors? Shoot bottle rockets at him in the driveway I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:28 am 
Daniel Pickett

My Target sold down of all DC stuff fairly quickly and then not of it was ever re-stocked. Waiting to see if they will bring in new stock now that the sale is over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:50 am 
Cold-cast

funtime3 wrote:
Thanks, I understand, You might be right; overall, I know retailers are taking their lumps this week and they know they're losing money but they have to do it. I heard a Target rep on the radio say they are losing money on lot of these sales but they have to do it. They have to get people in the door and hope that after they buy the $20 DVD player , they stay and buy dishwashing liquid and milk and all that. I heard some other businesses on the news say that they do a lot of business this week but it's not very profitable because of the deep discounts.

I'll just say I live with four room mates and the bulk of our household shopping is done at Target, from video games, to frozen food, to toiletries and clothes, so to be quite honest Target owes us a discount every now and then. I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them, because them vs Walmart I actually drive to Target when Walmart is within walking distance to my house. Walmart I don't give a S*!T about to tell the truth, but I try to give target the business when I can. I estimate that within our house we spend about 6 grand at Target per year.

BTW got a star girl from Target for 2.99 with Mattel coupon, I have one sitting in my pile of loot at BBTS but i can always custom a Jubilee marvel Legends if they never make one. Same scale and all that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:02 am 
shirtless hugger

Picked up Mr. Freeze, Catman, and The Creeper all for $2.99 each after Mattel coupons this past week. Really wanted a Sandman or Lord Naga, but the only wave 19 I've seen in the wild is multiple Magogs and a poorly-painted Stargirl.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next