Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 am 
Mint on Card

Tuning4k,
Like most JLU fans I'd love the remaining sets to be released. I think Mongul and Guy are the ones that are the best bet to be released if they do a Green Lantern animated line. Guy would be the next one for me that I would have paid over for just being a JL International fan. He's the only one missing from the original JL team.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:38 am 
Collector Inspector

Not counting a custom made Oberon :p

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 am 
AFA Graded

I still don't want the tracksuit Green Lantern I got, so why would I want a tracksuit Batman?

I will never pay that much for one figure.
Heck, my cousin got the new Volcana for $3.50 and gave it to me as a gift. :shock:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Nice score, Jester!

I'd love to get my hands on a track suit Batman. I would have put a high bid on this one, but I don't think I would have ever stumbled across it with those lousy keywords.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 pm 
Dog Squeezer

GregNYC wrote:
Nice score, Jester!

I'd love to get my hands on a track suit Batman. I would have put a high bid on this one, but I don't think I would have ever stumbled across it with those lousy keywords.

Thanks Greg. I didn't see it either. My buddy actually called me and told me about it. If it had the word "tracksuit" I think it would have went off for more.

Oh, no offense, I'm glad you didn't see it then!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 am 
Wonderdog

Nitewing73 wrote:
Thanks guys. Just wondering. Everyone has that holy grail type figure that they want to get. Like I mentioned a while back I bought a JLU Blue Beetle for about 70+ including shipping and I'm happy to have him, especially standing next to Booster Gold.

Yeah, of all the unreleased stuff, if I had to pick just one figure, it would be Blue Beetle. That he wasn't made stings most of all. I know I could get the head from Stew, but that's a tricky paint job to pull off cleanly. So for the time being, I'm just biding my time and hoping for good news.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Congratulations Jester! That's fantastic news & awesome to see a board member win. Welcome to the club man. I know there are a few owners of one here at AFI. I have been focusing on trying to "track" down this figure and am fortunate to have 3 in my collection now (sorry, not for sale guys ;) ).

The "Track Suit" JLU Batman (so aptly nick-named by Ham here on AFI) is one of the most rare JLU figures. Though some are tempted to call it a "prototype" it actually not one at all. The ones that made it into collections are all line production-level figures, complete with full production paint masked applications. The figure was displayed by Mattel at SDCC 2007 & was to be included in the line of Series 6 singles. These Tracksuit Batmen have the same design/paint as the one displayed by Mattel.

It is an unreleased figure just as Mongol, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Toyman, etc., etc. are.

Technically, the one displayed at toy shows by Mattel would be the one closest to a "prototype". Though that has become a very casual umbrella term to cover what are more accurately "preproduction" items. The one they displayed would at least have been a hand-painted figure (if it follows the pattern of what many Mattel figures are when they are first revealed). 95% percent of the "prototype" labelled figure auctions you see from Asian Ebay sellers aren't truly prototypes. They're test shots (first/second shots) done at the factories. It is a process of testing the molds to make sure all the parts fit smoothly/cleanly.

So congrats again for having this rare unreleased figure in your collection!

-Chip (marillion)"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Why do you have three and why can't I have one?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 am 
Fugitive Dust

Hey j1h15233. I collect the Track Suit Batman figure. I just like it and I also like the challenge it is to find them and other hard to find items. For me, the pursuit & "the hunt" is just as fun as actually finding a figure.

As to why you can't have one...well mine aren't for sale currently. :D

-Chip (marillion)"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 am 
Aspires to be #1

jtd wrote:
Hey j1h15233. I collect the Track Suit Batman figure. I just like it and I also like the challenge it is to find them and other hard to find items. For me, the pursuit & "the hunt" is just as fun as actually finding a figure.

As to why you can't have one...well mine aren't for sale currently. :D

Haha well don't forget me if they do become available.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:58 pm 
shirtless hugger

jtd wrote:
Congratulations Jester! That's fantastic news & awesome to see a board member win. Welcome to the club man. I know there are a few owners of one here at AFI. I have been focusing on trying to "track" down this figure and am fortunate to have 3 in my collection now (sorry, not for sale guys ;) ).

The "Track Suit" JLU Batman (so aptly nick-named by Ham here on AFI) is one of the most rare JLU figures. Though some are tempted to call it a "prototype" it actually not one at all. The ones that made it into collections are all line production-level figures, complete with full production paint masked applications. The figure was displayed by Mattel at SDCC 2007 & was to be included in the line of Series 6 singles. These Tracksuit Batmen have the same design/paint as the one displayed by Mattel.

It is an unreleased figure just as Mongol, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Toyman, etc., etc. are.

Technically, the one displayed at toy shows by Mattel would be the one closest to a "prototype". Though that has become a very casual umbrella term to cover what are more accurately "preproduction" items. The one they displayed would at least have been a hand-painted figure (if it follows the pattern of what many Mattel figures are when they are first revealed). 95% percent of the "prototype" labelled figure auctions you see from Asian Ebay sellers aren't truly prototypes. They're test shots (first/second shots) done at the factories. It is a process of testing the molds to make sure all the parts fit smoothly/cleanly.

So congrats again for having this rare unreleased figure in your collection!

The Tracksuit Batman I have is definitely hand painted. The utility belt in particular is very obviously not a spray mask like a regular production figure. I’ve always wonder how many of them are out there. I only wanted it because it was Batman, I have not hunted down other such non-released figures.