Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2588
Location: American Canyon, CA.
Tuning4k,
Like most JLU fans I'd love the remaining sets to be released. I think Mongul and Guy are the ones that are the best bet to be released if they do a Green Lantern animated line. Guy would be the next one for me that I would have paid over for just being a JL International fan. He's the only one missing from the original JL team.

_________________
Thanks Mattel for a great run on JLU !!

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:38 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 1353
Not counting a custom made Oberon :p

_________________
WHERE are my classic Freedom Fighter action figures?!? Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, The Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, Doll Man and Firebrand!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 am 
User avatar
AFA Graded
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2711
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
I still don't want the tracksuit Green Lantern I got, so why would I want a tracksuit Batman?

I will never pay that much for one figure.
Heck, my cousin got the new Volcana for $3.50 and gave it to me as a gift. :shock:

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 pm 
User avatar
Killer Moth Fanatic
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1308
Location: New York City
Nice score, Jester!

I'd love to get my hands on a track suit Batman. I would have put a high bid on this one, but I don't think I would have ever stumbled across it with those lousy keywords.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 pm 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 903
GregNYC wrote:
Nice score, Jester!

I'd love to get my hands on a track suit Batman. I would have put a high bid on this one, but I don't think I would have ever stumbled across it with those lousy keywords.


Thanks Greg. I didn't see it either. My buddy actually called me and told me about it. If it had the word "tracksuit" I think it would have went off for more.

Oh, no offense, I'm glad you didn't see it then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 am 
User avatar
Wonderdog
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 709
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Nitewing73 wrote:
Thanks guys. Just wondering. Everyone has that holy grail type figure that they want to get. Like I mentioned a while back I bought a JLU Blue Beetle for about 70+ including shipping and I'm happy to have him, especially standing next to Booster Gold.


Yeah, of all the unreleased stuff, if I had to pick just one figure, it would be Blue Beetle. That he wasn't made stings most of all. I know I could get the head from Stew, but that's a tricky paint job to pull off cleanly. So for the time being, I'm just biding my time and hoping for good news.

_________________
Greetings from Broca Beach!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm 
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 223
Congratulations Jester! That's fantastic news & awesome to see a board member win. Welcome to the club man. I know there are a few owners of one here at AFI. I have been focusing on trying to "track" down this figure and am fortunate to have 3 in my collection now (sorry, not for sale guys ;) ).

The "Track Suit" JLU Batman (so aptly nick-named by Ham here on AFI) is one of the most rare JLU figures. Though some are tempted to call it a "prototype" it actually not one at all. The ones that made it into collections are all line production-level figures, complete with full production paint masked applications. The figure was displayed by Mattel at SDCC 2007 & was to be included in the line of Series 6 singles. These Tracksuit Batmen have the same design/paint as the one displayed by Mattel.

It is an unreleased figure just as Mongol, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Toyman, etc., etc. are.

Technically, the one displayed at toy shows by Mattel would be the one closest to a "prototype". Though that has become a very casual umbrella term to cover what are more accurately "preproduction" items. The one they displayed would at least have been a hand-painted figure (if it follows the pattern of what many Mattel figures are when they are first revealed). 95% percent of the "prototype" labelled figure auctions you see from Asian Ebay sellers aren't truly prototypes. They're test shots (first/second shots) done at the factories. It is a process of testing the molds to make sure all the parts fit smoothly/cleanly.

So congrats again for having this rare unreleased figure in your collection!

_________________
"Either way you don't seem like a big fan of the show or toy line.

-Chip (marillion)"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
Why do you have three and why can't I have one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 am 
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 223
Hey j1h15233. I collect the Track Suit Batman figure. I just like it and I also like the challenge it is to find them and other hard to find items. For me, the pursuit & "the hunt" is just as fun as actually finding a figure.

As to why you can't have one...well mine aren't for sale currently. :D

_________________
"Either way you don't seem like a big fan of the show or toy line.

-Chip (marillion)"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
jtd wrote:
Hey j1h15233. I collect the Track Suit Batman figure. I just like it and I also like the challenge it is to find them and other hard to find items. For me, the pursuit & "the hunt" is just as fun as actually finding a figure.

As to why you can't have one...well mine aren't for sale currently. :D


Haha well don't forget me if they do become available.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Almost got my hands on 'Track Suit' Batman today...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:58 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 1232
jtd wrote:
Congratulations Jester! That's fantastic news & awesome to see a board member win. Welcome to the club man. I know there are a few owners of one here at AFI. I have been focusing on trying to "track" down this figure and am fortunate to have 3 in my collection now (sorry, not for sale guys ;) ).

The "Track Suit" JLU Batman (so aptly nick-named by Ham here on AFI) is one of the most rare JLU figures. Though some are tempted to call it a "prototype" it actually not one at all. The ones that made it into collections are all line production-level figures, complete with full production paint masked applications. The figure was displayed by Mattel at SDCC 2007 & was to be included in the line of Series 6 singles. These Tracksuit Batmen have the same design/paint as the one displayed by Mattel.

It is an unreleased figure just as Mongol, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Toyman, etc., etc. are.

Technically, the one displayed at toy shows by Mattel would be the one closest to a "prototype". Though that has become a very casual umbrella term to cover what are more accurately "preproduction" items. The one they displayed would at least have been a hand-painted figure (if it follows the pattern of what many Mattel figures are when they are first revealed). 95% percent of the "prototype" labelled figure auctions you see from Asian Ebay sellers aren't truly prototypes. They're test shots (first/second shots) done at the factories. It is a process of testing the molds to make sure all the parts fit smoothly/cleanly.

So congrats again for having this rare unreleased figure in your collection!


The Tracksuit Batman I have is definitely hand painted. The utility belt in particular is very obviously not a spray mask like a regular production figure. I’ve always wonder how many of them are out there. I only wanted it because it was Batman, I have not hunted down other such non-released figures.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.068s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]