Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FanGirl2.0 Answers Q's
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Van Statten wrote:
You know... Old Bruce and standard Bruce would be an awesome set!

I bet they'd generate better sales of the Terry McGinnis re-release if he had been paired in a 2-pack with Old Bruce rather than on a single card.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I just hope the JLU news isn't something like continuing the die-cast figures or incorporating JLU created characters like the Justice Guild, Justice Lords, Devil Ray, etc into the DCUC line. I HIGHLY doubt that will be the news as I think no matter what else might come the thing we will most likely get is some or all of the unreleased figures. You just never know though because Mattel sometimes throws us a curve.

I'd love a Tom Turbine DCUC figure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

JLU characters in the DCUC line isn't a terrible idea itself. Really neither is the continuation/return of the die-cast or 12 inch figures either. Heck, JLU Barbies and Hot Wheels cars is cool too. I just think anything short of a continuation of the current 4 inch scale figures in the Timm style is going to be a major disappointment to many JLU fans. I think this scenario is the one most people expect or at least to get the unreleased figures. I just hope we aren't fooling ourselves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:31 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Van Statten wrote:
Oh I'm not begrudging you that, believe me... I'm just of this belief a standard should always see the light of day before a variation. If that makes sense? Like imagine if they released a Star Sapphire Wonder Woman before Wonder Woman?

Or a Red Lantern Mera before a regular Mera!

:lol: :) :| :? :x

Wait a minute . . .

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:44 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Is that what happened in DC Direct? A Red Lantern Mera for Blackest Night and then a regular Mera for Brightest Day?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:10 pm 
Former King of Posts

yes it is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 pm 
shirtless hugger

Van Statten wrote:
I would hope we see an actual Bruce before an old Bruce. Just as we saw a Clark Kent in the DCUC predecessor.

There was a Bruce Wayne figure in the DSCH line. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good one. It was a transforming figure that turned into Batman, but the design and articulation suffered to accommodate the transformation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm 
Tis' but a pup

tuning4k wrote:
I want all 13 unreleased figures!
I almost started a new poll to have us rank these figures in order of personal importance. But I think they're all important.

I started reading comics with the JLI, so Beetle and Guy are the most crucial ones for me, easily. And then Mongul, Vandal Savage, Dr. Destiny, Firefly and Volcana. I'll get the Beyond figs too if they're offered but I'm least excited for them.

Regarding Firefly and more Bat-villains in general, I was thinking the other day about how it might be smart to shift the focus of the line to the Batverse. Given the huge popularity of the movies and games, I think those characters would have the most broad appeal. They could probably get away with straight-up repaints of Croc and Clayface and the like and still sell 'em well. That might help with longevity of the animated style in figure form, and then they could slot in other DCU characters along the way.

I'd love for the line to continue in any way that's viable. There is so much more they could do with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am 
Knows his stuff

LeeMarvin2780 wrote:
Regarding Firefly and more Bat-villains in general, I was thinking the other day about how it might be smart to shift the focus of the line to the Batverse. Given the huge popularity of the movies and games, I think those characters would have the most broad appeal. They could probably get away with straight-up repaints of Croc and Clayface and the like and still sell 'em well. That might help with longevity of the animated style in figure form, and then they could slot in other DCU characters along the way.

Add to that the popularity of the Grey Ghost and BARF three-packs, and it's a no-brainer. I hardly ever saw the Grey Ghost pack in stores. The BARF pack had three repaints, and it sold faster than the Livewire/Weather Wizard pack in the same case with Superman and two new figures.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 am 
Aspires to be #1

jamiwa3 wrote:
LeeMarvin2780 wrote:

Add to that the popularity of the Grey Ghost and BARF three-packs, and it's a no-brainer. I hardly ever saw the Grey Ghost pack in stores. The BARF pack had three repaints, and it sold faster than the Livewire/Weather Wizard pack in the same case with Superman and two new figures.

Tough comparison with that particular pack though. The Livewire pack NEVER rang up correctly and was a huge hassle at the register. The BARF pack did sell extremely well though, despite my arguments against it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
jamiwa3 wrote:

Tough comparison with that particular pack though. The Livewire pack NEVER rang up correctly and was a huge hassle at the register. The BARF pack did sell extremely well though, despite my arguments against it.

I guess it's anecdotal, but I'm just going by what I saw. I'd always see the Livewire pack on the shelf, but no BARF to go with it, so I had to assume people bought it. I thought it was odd because Batman wasn't actually in the BARF pack versus Superman being in the Livewire pack.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:50 pm 
shirtless hugger

jamiwa3 wrote:
I guess it's anecdotal, but I'm just going by what I saw. I'd always see the Livewire pack on the shelf, but no BARF to go with it, so I had to assume people bought it. I thought it was odd because Batman wasn't actually in the BARF pack versus Superman being in the Livewire pack.

I'd say its more likely that people tried buying the Livewire pack, only to have trouble ringing up, leading them to give up entirely, thus leaving it on the pegs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm 
Cold-cast

Ham Salad wrote:
jamiwa3 wrote:

I'd say its more likely that people tried buying the Livewire pack, only to have trouble ringing up, leading them to give up entirely, thus leaving it on the pegs.

Mine wouldn't ring up and they wouldn't sell it to me so like a petulant little child I did the only thing I could do... I ran the hell out of the store with it up the street, and the fat security guard ran out of breadth trying to catch me. I know stealing is wrong but the next day I went to customer service and brought them two bags of dunkin doughnuts coffee which were on sale for 5.99 when she rang them up I said that's funny the sign said 11.99 so she said jokingly, " Do you want me to charge you more"? And I said, "If that's the price it says then I guess you should". So she did and I protected my chi and my Karma. :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:19 am 
categorically opposed

RumbleFish wrote:
Mine wouldn't ring up and they wouldn't sell it to me so like a petulant little child I did the only thing I could do... I ran the hell out of the store with it up the street, and the fat security guard ran out of breadth trying to catch me. I know stealing is wrong but the next day I went to customer service and brought them two bags of dunkin doughnuts coffee which were on sale for 5.99 when she rang them up I said that's funny the sign said 11.99 so she said jokingly, " Do you want me to charge you more"? And I said, "If that's the price it says then I guess you should". So she did and I protected my chi and my Karma. :P

Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:37 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

RumbleFish wrote:

You think that's okay?

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next