Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mattel/Wal-Mart Question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 am 
declined to be a vampire

Why are so many walmarts that previously carried DCUC not anymore?

Has it been that bad?

New fewer than 3 walmarts in my area that were carrying DCUC are no longer carrying them. Kind of annoying.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: Mattel/Wal-Mart Question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

This is odd, around us some Wal-Marts carry them and then some don't...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:53 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Same here. Some have them, some don't.

A few only carry them occasionally. Hopefully this doesn't bode ill for Wave 20. I got most of my DCUC from Walmarts.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:54 am 

Just because they're coming off the planograms doesn't mean they may not turn up in the stores since Wave 20 is the last. This is what Flex Space is for on a layout.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:22 am 
MINT!

Wave 10 Powergirl and most of wave 14 are just collecting dust at my local Walmarts. They still carry DCUC but nothing new has hit since wave 14 in 2010. Most other Walmarts I hit on road trips have dropped DCUC along with MU. They usually only carry movie toys. It seems without a media tie in, Walmart doesn't give shelf space to those properties for long.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:41 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

puckace wrote:
Wave 10 Powergirl and most of wave 14 are just collecting dust at my local Walmarts. They still carry DCUC but nothing new has hit since wave 14 in 2010. Most other Walmarts I hit on road trips have dropped DCUC along with MU. They usually only carry movie toys. It seems without a media tie in, Walmart doesn't give shelf space to those properties for long.

The only thing at the Walmarts near me are Power Girl and Forager. Not even Wave 14.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:15 am 
declined to be a vampire

No...I'm saying we have some that have, and some that haven't

But now...several that had been carrying them (two that recently had the endcap) had none, and I was told by one employee that they aren't carrying them at all anymore.

Oh well.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 am 
categorically opposed

Bunger43 wrote:
No...I'm saying we have some that have, and some that haven't

But now...several that had been carrying them (two that recently had the endcap) had none, and I was told by one employee that they aren't carrying them at all anymore.

Oh well.

Well, the line is ending. I'm sure that wave twenty won't be as plentiful as the last few waves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

Maybe they said that because the new line has different info so technically they aren't carrying DCUC anymore but will be carrying DCAS.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:35 am 

If the price point is the same it will just convert the sku on the sem tag. K-Mart's still have DC Universe figures listed as 'with comic' from the days of DC Superheroes. But if the price point changes then the DCUC come off the layout and the DCAS go up. If the DCAS aren't due till February then there is time, as retail layout changes really don't start till the second week of January to prepare for Spring/ Summer.

I assume, DC Universe got lost in the layout shuffle what with there being Batman Classics for some stores and Marvel Universe, Batman Brave and the Bold and other superhero lines. Usually you get all your Superheroes lumped together regardless of the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:11 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Maybe they said that because the new line has different info so technically they aren't carrying DCUC anymore but will be carrying DCAS.

Possibly. But I'm saying there is no space for these toys anywhere, currently.

The walmart near my house did some small reset and they still have DCUC plenty.

These other ones don't.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 am 
Aspires to be #1

Bunger43 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Possibly. But I'm saying there is no space for these toys anywhere, currently.

The walmart near my house did some small reset and they still have DCUC plenty.

These other ones don't.

Oh I understand, I've seen the same thing at several local Walmarts. They also took away space for Action League. The only DC product is Young Justice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 am 
Loose, Missing Package

This time of year peg space "disappears" to make way for product that is actually in-stock. As for what you were told by the people staffing the department, don't put any weight to that until the resets have been completed and you can see with your own eyes that DCUC/DCAS isn't there. The mods haven't dropped yet as far as I know, the toy department staff wouldn't have time to study them that closely this time of year, plus the people that reset the shelves don't work in the toy department until the resets come down from the home office. I know that the popularity of the property isn't even close, but I've lost track of how many times I've had people tell me that the toy people at a Walmart "somewhere" have told them that Star Wars wasn't going to carry over. Sometimes I think that they've been told that in an attempt just to stir them, which may be the case with what you've been told.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 am 
PVC

There are two Walmarts in my area that used to carry DCUC. The first one got too much Wave 10 and took them almost a year to get rid of it all, so they haven't carried any since. The second Walmart got the same extra large dose of wave 14, and they've since stopped carrying. The only DC product at my Walmarts is Green Lantern movie stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:20 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Jim_Abell wrote:
This time of year peg space "disappears" to make way for product that is actually in-stock. As for what you were told by the people staffing the department, don't put any weight to that until the resets have been completed and you can see with your own eyes that DCUC/DCAS isn't there. The mods haven't dropped yet as far as I know, the toy department staff wouldn't have time to study them that closely this time of year, plus the people that reset the shelves don't work in the toy department until the resets come down from the home office. I know that the popularity of the property isn't even close, but I've lost track of how many times I've had people tell me that the toy people at a Walmart "somewhere" have told them that Star Wars wasn't going to carry over. Sometimes I think that they've been told that in an attempt just to stir them, which may be the case with what you've been told.

Very well could be. I just found it weird that 3 stores that carried a decent amount of DCUC suddenly don't have any.