Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:11 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1594
Backward Galaxy wrote:
In and out in 3 minutes with the 3 JLU 3-packs. So glad I never broke down and bought them on eBay.

I'm glad you didn't buy them for an inflated price on Ebay too. I saw so many people post that they had. I hated to see anyone do that because I was pretty sure they'd make it to Matty. Luckily a fellow AFIer picked up early for me at regular price so I didn't have to agonize like some poor guys. So I can understand where they were coming from. They are all great figures hope you enjoy them.

Took me about 12 minutes to get Retro John and Guy through a few WSODs and confirmed. Not too bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 am 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 328
whakojacko1976 wrote:
Backward Galaxy wrote:
In and out in 3 minutes with the 3 JLU 3-packs. So glad I never broke down and bought them on eBay.

I'm glad you didn't buy them for an inflated price on Ebay too. I saw so many people post that they had. I hated to see anyone do that because I was pretty sure they'd make it to Matty. Luckily a fellow AFIer picked up early for me at regular price so I didn't have to agonize like some poor guys. So I can understand where they were coming from. They are all great figures hope you enjoy them.


Thanks.

And yeah, I was pretty sure they'd make it to Matty eventually, which is why I held out. The most recent releases from them have all been excellent in my opinion, so I'm sure I'll be happy with these as well. I'm glad I have my Firestorm now!

_________________
JLU needs: Barda, rare Secret Society & Legends of the League 6-pks, Lobo, Volcana, Cyborg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:38 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
The Legion pack is Almost Gone.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 am 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8750
Location: Rochester, NY
Apparently the LSH box set is the ONLY item that is "Almost Gone".

Interesting ...

_________________
#AdultsCollect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12571
Location: College Station, TX
Firefox hates MC.com at my work. I'm still getting the white screen when I go there and then when it does get through and load nothing works right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm
Posts: 1541
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Shellhead wrote:
The Legion pack is Almost Gone.


wow....it might sell out faster then it did the first time around.

_________________
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” Thomas Jefferson

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
It really makes me wonder if MOTUC is actually on fumes like a lot of people are saying. Granted, Demo-man isn't exactly A-list, but that pack-in Skeletor head should be a decent draw. It's infinitely better than the original one.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:03 am 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
Shellhead wrote:
It really makes me wonder if MOTUC is actually on fumes like a lot of people are saying. Granted, Demo-man isn't exactly A-list, but that pack-in Skeletor head should be a decent draw. It's infinitely better than the original one.

Nah. They're still making more than enough off of the sub. Whatever gets sold day-of is gravy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:13 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 1338
Location: New York City
I logged in around 1 p.m., and I was able to get in and out. The Legion set is mine!

And after all the numerous times sold-out items reappeared months later on the site, I don't believe those "Almost Gone" and "Sold Out" labels mean anything. It's just a marketing ploy to increase demand and generate more sales.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am 
User avatar
AFA Graded
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2734
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
Got an extra Goldface / Evil Star3-pack to help someone out.

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1594
MoMoney wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
It really makes me wonder if MOTUC is actually on fumes like a lot of people are saying. Granted, Demo-man isn't exactly A-list, but that pack-in Skeletor head should be a decent draw. It's infinitely better than the original one.

Nah. They're still making more than enough off of the sub. Whatever gets sold day-of is gravy.


Evil-Lyn and Wind Raider "Almost Gone".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
I got the Evil Lyn and Demo Man. I've been psyched for Demo Man. I think he's a great looking figure. I was on the fence with Battleground Evil Lyn but got her because she's just done that well. I passed on the wind raider. I sorta want it though.

_________________
JLU Forever! And is MOTUC EVER getting around to Ram Man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 am 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 322
I got 2 Legion sets...Had to use my phone but it still worked pretty quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Alexandria, VA
Shellhead wrote:
The Legion pack is Almost Gone.


Now it doesn't say that anymore. I'm really not a fan of Mattel and their distortions of reality.

I have the JLU 3-packs in my cart but I haven't pulled the trigger - the $50 point on the other 3-packs has really rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, $60 plus shipping for 5 new figures isn't pricey enough?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 12/15/11---How'd it go for you?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12571
Location: College Station, TX
BCYa wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
The Legion pack is Almost Gone.


Now it doesn't say that anymore. I'm really not a fan of Mattel and their distortions of reality.

I have the JLU 3-packs in my cart but I haven't pulled the trigger - the $50 point on the other 3-packs has really rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, $60 plus shipping for 5 new figures isn't pricey enough?


If you can't afford 12 dollars a figure for something or if it's not worth it to you then back away. If in 10 years you'll look back and think your collection looks great then get them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: