Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Great pictures! Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

batfink wrote:
Also, could they throw a Nurse Joker in there somewhere?!

Nope. Way back I remember one of the Q&As asked about that and they said the contract didn't allow for a Nurse Joker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm 
4" scale

so, is this it? just these 7 figures for the movie masters line? when dark knight came out, they kept pumping out figures for that line, but then dkr comes out and they're primed and prepped and only 7 figures (and only 5 of them new)? no talia, no detective blake, no fox, no harness bane, no bruce wayne, no fighting gear ra's, no cilian murphy? i mean, nothing? you could make an entire other wave and make the neutron bomb as a c&c. seems stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

They barely got these out on shelves. And you want more? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm 
Cold-cast

shishalzafrazz wrote:
so, is this it? just these 7 figures for the movie masters line? when dark knight came out, they kept pumping out figures for that line, but then dkr comes out and they're primed and prepped and only 7 figures (and only 5 of them new)? no talia, no detective blake, no fox, no harness bane, no bruce wayne, no fighting gear ra's, no cilian murphy? i mean, nothing? you could make an entire other wave and make the neutron bomb as a c&c. seems stupid.

I agree, Talia is a glaring omission. And I fail to see any logic as to why Mattel would be contract bound to not produce a nurse Joker (maybe a cross-dressing clause lol). This is a collector line, and when the Movie Masters figures were previously offered on Mattycollector, they sold out in less than a day...even though they had been already released at retail. So that should show how successful the line is. Why doesn't Mattel release a new MM wave at retail or online? That would require common sense. Maybe if Joker looked more like Skeletor? :wink:

Mattel has done about a million things wrong, but I do have to credit them for producing quality Movie Masters figures, most of which were guys in suits. That's a pretty brave move for them. So I'm just happy we saw the Dark Knight trilogy figures in the collector format.

That said, It does irk me when Mattel states in the montly Q&A that "Batman is just that popular!" and then continue to ignore no-brainers like making more MM figures. Mattel has a bad track record of properly nurturing successful DC figure lines, and maybe their priorities are just somewhere else right now.

What they should do, now that Mattel is releasing the 1966 Batman figures in the MM format, is release a "best of DC on film" wave or box set with Chris Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman, Talia from DKR, Linda Carter WW, etc. MM could really go on forever, if managed properly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm 
declined to be a vampire

I'm just now getting into these as my kid loves them. I want the Dark Knight figures now.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:09 pm 
shirtless hugger

shishalzafrazz wrote:

10 actually, there is a TRU Exclusive Boxed set of a slightly repainted Batman and a shirtless Bane as well as the SDCC Bruce Wayne figure with a Batsuit that can be put on him.

For all the man in a suit figures they did, I count at least 8 between MM, Legacy and DCSH since that buck debut as Clark Kent, it wouldn’t hurt them to make a Bruce Wayne, or Detective Blake or even Lucius Fox for that matter. A simple head swap for Wayne from Alfred and arms swap for the two versions of Bane would have added at least two more figures without any retooling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm 
4" scale

yeah, i get that talia would require a lot of new tooling, but then again, with the potential for a rachel dawes figure, you could share some of the tooling there between them and possibly even a catwoman crotch piece or something. between the sad ass handling of the ghostbusters line and the total mishandling of distribution on the dkr line, including omitting some pretty key characters, as well as me just being mad i spent $45 on a masked joker when they dumped all they masked joker figures into a retail outlet a week later and it was selling on ebay for $15, i'm done with mattel. seriously. i've agreed to buy the remaining metal men from a friend here on the boards (i'm pretty impressed they actually finished the core dp & mm members, even if every metal man figure had less and less metal mannish stuff included). let's see if caulder and magnus make it out, though. but for real. i tell you what i will be getting, unless they just look utterly goofy at the 10" scale: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... lay%20arts

thats the bane i wanted, and i feel like $60 for those is a better value than $20 for mattel's "new head on a reused walter peck" knight rises movie masters. if scarecrow and ra's are the next figures in that line, i'll be a happy collector. then again, if they don't make scarecrow or ra's, i'll probably be pretty pissed i bought the first 4. i think that's the thing i get aggrivated with with new toys nowadays. we weren't "missing" anybody from the super powers line, unless you thought they were trying to make something be there that wasnt there. sure, it was a little hero heavy, but it was just here's some dc superheroes. batman had robin, joker had penguin. who else did you need back then? cheetah? aqualad? apache chief? did you really need a lois lane figure? but with great sculpting comes great responsibility, and if you're purposefully trying to go to the outer fringes and make all kinds of crazy sub sets with a toy line, finish the damn thing out. i was so so so into the alex ross justice line. got every figure they released. even the ones they didnt need to make like the armored figures. i'm fairly certain they knew they werent going to make armored plastic man or armored martain manhunter, so, with the exception of maybe batman and superman, why add in the armored variants at all unless you're trying to lengthen the line, which you clearly werent trying to do when you ended it one wave later and glaringly omitted the riddler, giganta, the atom and robin. not to mention metamorpho, metallo, phantom stranger, clayface and the rest of the teen titans. but armored aquaman, now, there's a good idea to keep sales up!

also, back to the original question and response, at what point did shirtless bane and slightly battle damaged batman fight for gotham city? the only time we see bane completely shirtless in the movie is when they bring him gordon in the sewer. motorcycle jacket bane, fetching black knit top bane and harness bane all had way more screen time than nipplesless naked bane. even black t shirted henchman decoy with bagged head bane was in the film longer. in fact, the only bane variant that would've made less sense would've been maskless fighting for baby talia in the pit bane. sorry if it sounds like i have a bane to pick with mattel, but really, didn't everyone want the harness bane? sherpa jacket bane was cool, but harness bane. come on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

As far as the Nurse Joker rights, from what I remember the issue was the red plus picture that is common to identify medical personnel - that red cross is the official logo of the Red Cross. That is why we won't see this figure. I don't understand why they don't do it without the logo, but regardless I believe that is why.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

"with great sculpting comes great responsibility" just cracks me up. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Azraelms wrote:
As far as the Nurse Joker rights, from what I remember the issue was the red plus picture that is common to identify medical personnel - that red cross is the official logo of the Red Cross. That is why we won't see this figure. I don't understand why they don't do it without the logo, but regardless I believe that is why.

Hot Toys gets asked this question all the time, and they respond that Mr. Nolan has specifically excluded that version out if respect to a request from Heath Ledger's family, do I'm guessing its off limits for Mattel as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm 
MINT!

only 2 alfreds left on walmart.com ....9.97 each

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm 
Brand Manager

Finally!!!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:30 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Looks good. There's a couple that I still need. I haven't picked up that 2-pack with shirtless Bane yet. Can't remember if I picked up Police Joker... I think I did. Need to go look.

Also not to take anything away from your great pictures or you finally having every figure... but you are missing one. There was that short-packed variant "demon" Batman. I don't have it either.

Thanks for posting the pix!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

JuliusMarx wrote:
Looks good. There's a couple that I still need. I haven't picked up that 2-pack with shirtless Bane yet. Can't remember if I picked up Police Joker... I think I did. Need to go look.

Also not to take anything away from your great pictures or you finally having every figure... but you are missing one. There was that short-packed variant "demon" Batman. I don't have it either.

Thanks for posting the pix!

Actually, it looks like he's also missing bank robber joker, the joker without the jacket, and the suited scarecrow. But the ones he does have look great together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next