Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 pm 
Displays Backwards

JuliusMarx wrote:
I hit 6 Target stores over the weekend. I saw a WHOLE LOT of MM Batmen. One store had 2 Banes so I grabbed one. I came up empty handed on Alfred. I hope he's around later. With just being one per case, and the Target rest just having one peg for these (that only holds 5 figures) I'm a bit worried. Maybe as the movie gets closer TDKR will get big displays that will replace the Avengers displays at the big box stores.

I'm not buying any of these MM figures until I see Alfred. I already have unfinished Mattel build-a-junk, I don't need any more. And these figures are smaller than I thought they would be. But how many times are we gonna be let down by Mattel?

The last three figures are Catwoman, the cop, and Ra's, am I right? I wonder how tough those are gonna be to get.

I did pick up the little 5-pack set. Sure, the Bane is pretty sucky (and I also picked up the single-carded green Bane), but they are pretty cheap. And you get a discount on your movie ticket, which I assume anyone buying the figs is going to see, so it's not a bad deal at all. It would be great if the figures were better, but it seems like Hasbro and Mattel have left those days in the past. Sad reality.

I thought about getting a Batpod but I held off until I read a review of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 pm 
An Insider

JuliusMarx wrote:
I hit 6 Target stores over the weekend. I saw a WHOLE LOT of MM Batmen. One store had 2 Banes so I grabbed one. I came up empty handed on Alfred. I hope he's around later. With just being one per case, and the Target rest just having one peg for these (that only holds 5 figures) I'm a bit worried. Maybe as the movie gets closer TDKR will get big displays that will replace the Avengers displays at the big box stores.

My experience so far has been 0 Alfred cases at Target. I haven't heard of anyone finding him there. I'm under the impression Target didn't receive those cases. I have found Alfred at both Toys R Us and Walmart though.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I've seen Alfred at Wal-Mart

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Saw MM Alfred and Catwoman at Meijer.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm 
shirtless hugger

I've seen tons of MM Batmen and Banes. I lucked into two full sets at a local Walmart and grabbed Alfred. Once I find Catwoman I'll go back and get Bane and maybe Bats.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Okay question because I have never bought a Mattel figure over the size of 5"...

Is $16.49 for a figure with zero accessories normal? I guess except for one worthless C&C piece...ughh. *Ahem* sorry, back to main question...
is that the price all DCUC and MM figures have been for a while now?... Because that is way expensive especially if the figure has loose joints like my MM Batman did, and no cool accessories. (BTW, did anyone else have a Batman from this series with loose leg joints?) I like the figure but the price really hurts, lol. (I know, I know I didn't have to buy it.... but again It's Batman. ;) )

D.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Ayup that's the ball park in my neck of the woods at retail.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Van Statten wrote:
Ayup that's the ball park in my neck of the woods at retail.

Darn, and how have you survived? lol ;)

D.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I've seen Alfred at TRU & KMart. And my Closest WalMart doesn't carry them. Other than WWE Rumblers they don't carry any Mattel figure lines except during the holiday. The only Batman items they carry are the DKR vehicles, rolplay (Cowl & utility belt sets) & Power Attack vehicles. They have their alsie rest and there's no pegs or shelf space for anything else. They do have tons of Hasbro's lines (SW/Avengers/new Spider-Man)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:12 am 
PVC

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Saw MM Alfred and Catwoman at Meijer.

Went to three Targets, no Alfred, found Bane. Hit Kmart, found Batman with blue prints and Alfred (both on sale too at $13.XX) then Walmart across the street. They have Alfred too, but I bought one at Kmart, so I am on the hunt for Catwoman.

Is she one per case as well? Or in the next wave. Or some retailers got her but some don't?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 am 
Cold-cast

If anyone can help me snag a catwoman from meijer gogles down (pref) and/or down, pm me.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 am 
PVC

Zim wrote:
If anyone can help me snag a catwoman from meijer gogles down (pref) and/or down, pm me.

I thought you hated the line? You said a week ago...

"The figure sucks because of the the costume design/actress and the toy version looks worse as it takes away whatever sexiness she can muster to exude."

Not trying to cause any drama, just curious what's changed your mind? That's all.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:45 am 
Collector Inspector

I'm finding these nowhere nohow. It figures, All the stores here waited weeks after the street date to put out Gl and GL Movie Masters and that sure went well for them.

I don't want to chase around for these and get jerked around like the GL MMs last year. Any guess which figures will be pegwarming in massive amounts and clearanced for $2 at the end of the year and which will be impossible to find? I just want to be a better shopper this year. My shopping skills were terrible last year.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:14 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I picked up an Alfred and K Mart -w/ Blueprints Bats yesterday--

Cost + Shipping for whoever wants them...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 am 
Collector Inspector

They have Alfred, Batman and Bane at Midtown Comics, NYC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next