Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Wal-Mart UPC's leake
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:44 am 
Cold-cast

Very good point. Truthfully i am on the fence since i saw the 4" version and a few more close up shots. Sometimes though the pictures look better than the actual toy and sometimes it's the opposite. I have the others like batman, joker v1 and v2, harvey, etc. I prefer my Bane and Ras to be a bit more traditional looking. Still think Hathaway was a bad choice for Selena Kyle as i did Ryan Reynolds for Hal (he would have made an excellent Kyle) and I still stand by the other comments. The catwoman fig may have potential. Don't have a meijers anywhere near my neck of the woods and figured it would be great to find out now if this figure appealed to me as opposed to be waiting till her full on mass retail debut. So it would be great if anyone would like to help.

talosman wrote:
Zim wrote:
If anyone can help me snag a catwoman from meijer gogles down (pref) and/or down, pm me.

I thought you hated the line? You said a week ago...

"The figure sucks because of the the costume design/actress and the toy version looks worse as it takes away whatever sexiness she can muster to exude."

Not trying to cause any drama, just curious what's changed your mind? That's all.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Not exactly Movie Masters and definately not Mattel, but this may be of interest (though I'm sure the scale will be off)...

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/fron ... 145993.asp

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

A nifty little collectible. So not for my tastes and DC collection but I can also appreciate it!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Some people have said these were $12.97 at Kmart so I went and they were 15.99... but they were on sale for either 10-20% off, (it didn't specify, and I decided it wouldn't be worth the effort of returning the one I bought from Target cause I would save what 1.00? lol) and the paint apps were not good at all, plus no Alfred (not that I would have bought him... probably. ;) )

D.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 am 
Ferret Farmer

Found these today at walmart. 15 or 16 and change. Was just glad to see them, but missing Alfred. Grrr.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am 

Has anyone seen the Jim Gordon with the alternate Bat Signal light?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Wait ... what?!?

I didn't even know they were making a Jim Gordon this go round?
How the hell did I miss that?

And why in the hell would anyone at Matty think its a good idea to offer a variant piece for a CNC batsignal???

Oh wait, its matty, never mind.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 am 

Yeah one appeared on eBay late last night
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170851704822?ss ... 1497.l2649
And today they're popping up for more than what I paid! One less Walmart thing I need to worry about!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am 
shirtless hugger

Wow, I hadn't seen that before, Van Statten. I've already got a Gordon from the Batman Legacy 2-pack, so I think he'll be a pass for me. Unless I find him...

Looks like he comes with a 'Shattered Bat Signal' variant piece. That's kind of cool, but only if those pieces will be easily swappable once the whole Bat Signal is put together.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 am 
Collector Inspector

A "shattered glass" signal? Cool beans.

I did get the Running Press Bat Signal from BBTS today. It looks like a mini-Mattel signal. (the circular base of the c&c piece that comes w/ Bane is 2.25" in diameter whereas the Running Press one is 1.25"). Not Movie Masters or even JLU scale but it might look cool with my DCIH James Gordon...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 am 

Joe G. wrote:
Wow, I hadn't seen that before, Van Statten. I've already got a Gordon from the Batman Legacy 2-pack, so I think he'll be a pass for me. Unless I find him...

Someone posted a picture of it on another forum so I searched eBay, found that one and could hear Homer Simpson in the back of my head go "Yoink!" I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough. After the crap with Avengers I thought "Why chance another screw up sell out"?
Joe G. wrote:
Looks like he comes with a 'Shattered Bat Signal' variant piece. That's kind of cool, but only if those pieces will be easily swappable once the whole Bat Signal is put together.

Between wanting the K-Mart blueprints, the goggles up Catwoman, another Agen... I mean Alfred, I could very well try and build two signals.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:42 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Found these at Target for $10 & $4. From the silloette I guess the mystery figure will be Scarcrow. Bane makes me think of the"Robin Hood & Little John skipping through the forest" song.
Jakks DKR PVC Figure sets -

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 pm 
PVC

PJ wrote:
Found these at Target for $10 & $4. From the silloette I guess the mystery figure will be Scarcrow. Bane makes me think of the"Robin Hood & Little John skipping through the forest" song.

PJ, when you do open them, could you take some pics of the Bat out of the packaging? I am waiting to see how much the Hot Toys version of the Bat will cost.

-T

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm 
We're going streaking!

That Gordon is kind of neat! I skipped the two pack, so I may cave and buy this version, if I find him. I guess I will hit K-Mart too and look for their exclusive Batman. I may buy more of these than I anticipated. So far, I found a lone Alfred at Walmart last night and bought him, just in case :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 pm 

I'm debating getting Catwoman (goggle up version) and the True 2 pack with Bane and Batman
I already have
Batman
Bane
Alfred
Catwoman (goggles down)
James Gordon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next