Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:04 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Then what qualifies as a special figure to you?

Something I feel like they put a little bit of effort into, and don't bulk out at the idea right away because of "a lot of new tooling"

I mean, look at Superfly's post.

They don't flat out tell us no for a guy like ragdoll, but only because they can't go back on their 100% comment.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Last edited by Bunger43 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 am 
declined to be a vampire

GregNYC wrote:
The quality of the figures in the subscription could be improved over those sold at retail if Mattel forgoes the dynamic poses. That might help with the problem of warped limbs.

Because Mattel is selling the subscription figures directly to adult collectors, there's no need for them to have dynamic poses in their packaging.

As an aside, I'm curious to see what kind of packaging Mattel chooses for the subscription figures. The bigger packaging helps sell figures at retail, but it could end up costing Mattel more money to ship the figures that way. I'm wondering whether Mattel will duplicate the retail packaging or come up with something smaller.

Bingo. They are going to kill this line if it even remotely as bad as retail when it comes to QC. So those poses have got to go. And in fairness, it has gotten better in the last few DCUC waves. The poses have been trimmed way back, and that makes me happy.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:13 am 
declined to be a vampire

Mattel can REALLY help themselves out (and maybe they are already) by announcing the rest of 2012 by the time the sub subscriptions come due. I mean, right now we know a few figures out, but what about the rest?

Mattel I think needs to have a bit of faith in us as well. But we know that we're going to get new figures that don't require a lot of effort, so knock them out of the park and let us know what we have to look forward to for the rest of 2012 before we give you 2013 money.

I'm not saying tell us what 2013 is. But we're already locked into 2012...so give us some good news BEFORE we pay for 2013.

The Superfly wrote:
I posted this in the other read, but wanted it here as well...

We won't be seeing any 100% new sculpt figures in the CIE at all...

As long as a character isn't a 100% tool they are a candidate for the 2012 sub. If we did a 100% tool'd figure it would use up all of our tooling dollars and we wouldn't have enough left over for the remaining monthly figures!

If 2012 day-of sales are high and the 2013 sub sells well, we will look into 100% tool'd figures for the Sub. DCUC just is not selling the way MOTUC sells right now and we can't get the tooling we need without more sales.

regarding Doomsday...

"Would you consider Doomsday to be a 100% tool and if so does that mean we won't be seeing him anytime soon in the the sub?"

Yes, he is a 100% tool. Until we see an increase in day-of purchases and 2013 subs, a 100% tool figure is not possible. If DCUC sold the same numbers as MOTUC we could, but not at the numbers we are at. We just don't have the sales to support 100% tool'd figures right now.

also, in regards to Ragdoll...

"How about Ragdoll. There are a ton of fans who want to see a version of the Secret Six completed, so he is quite important. You wouldn't consider him a 100% tool right? Would some extra articulation fall into the range of something you guys could do?"

"He is not a 100% sculpt, but he is a lot of deco which makes him a bit tougher. Not off the table, but not a character that is simple to due because of the deco hits.

We'll have to see how the 2013 sub sales go (in July) before considering high tool and high deco figures. We only sold the bare min of 2012 subs just to turn the lights on. As reference, we sold more MOTUC 30th subs (for the 6 all new never before seen figures created for this line) then we did DCUC subs. So there are more fans interested in brand new MOTU figs vs existing DCU figs right now. This makes it hard to expand the DCUC line with such a small baseline of fans committed to the sub.

Supporting the 2013 sub and day of sales for 2012 figs is the best way to show support for more tooling, more deco and more resouces put into future DCU 6" figs!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 am 
categorically opposed

Bunger43 wrote:
Mattel can REALLY help themselves out (and maybe they are already) by announcing the rest of 2012 by the time the sub subscriptions come due. I mean, right now we know a few figures out, but what about the rest?

That's what they do for MOTUC already.

Subs go up for sale after SDCC, and the rest of that year (plus some in the next year) are revealed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 am 
active in the community

i'd like to see the 2013 tote board for subs have some built-in incentives. if a certain number is reached then figure X is a definite lock for 2013. or if the amount of orders get high enough, a fan poll winner will definitely get made.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 am 
declined to be a vampire

MoMoney wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

That's what they do for MOTUC already.

Subs go up for sale after SDCC, and the rest of that year (plus some in the next year) are revealed.

If they do it that way, that will make me happy :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 pm 
Resin

Hi guys - I just noticed an Atrocitus in my MattyCollector.com shopping cart. Any ideas what this is about?

(Haven't checked around the forums to see if anything was posted elsewhere, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.)

--kcb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:09 pm 
Aspires to be #1

kcbstuff1 wrote:
Hi guys - I just noticed an Atrocitus in my MattyCollector.com shopping cart. Any ideas what this is about?

(Haven't checked around the forums to see if anything was posted elsewhere, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.)

--kcb

That's weird.

Also, how great is the news that we'll get static poses?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 pm 
An Insider

I got a chuckle out of how they described it; "standing around waiting for the bus" poses.

Though it does make me wonder if they understand why we want them, or if they think it's just some weird collector eccentricity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 pm 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
kcbstuff1 wrote:

--kcb

That's weird.

Also, how great is the news that we'll get static poses?

I know it isn't exactly DC related, but I had the same thing happen with the yellow lion and Hunk in my Matty cart. I'm really hoping that this doesn't portend a DR disaster coming up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Sean Whitmore wrote:
I got a chuckle out of how they described it; "standing around waiting for the bus" poses.

Though it does make me wonder if they understand why we want them, or if they think it's just some weird collector eccentricity.

Either way, I'm glad for the change. It will eliminate so many qc issues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Quote:

I know it isn't exactly DC related, but I had the same thing happen with the yellow lion and Hunk in my Matty cart. I'm really hoping that this doesn't portend a DR disaster coming up.

Very interesting.

It looks like I could just pay for the figure (Atrocitus) right now. Not sure what would happen next if I did.

--kcb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
categorically opposed

I had the same experience with Atrocitus in my cart.

It's now gone.

Who the f knows?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 pm 
5" Scale

I just checked and whatever figure it is is still in my basket. I'll concern myself with it when payday hits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:19 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Same here with the Atrocitus. Digital River is one really screwed up company. They must be blackmailing Matty some sort of way, for this business partnership to have continued as long as it has.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next