Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU is officially dead. (for now)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 am 
Wonderdog

This does seem pretty silly. You have to wonder what kind of response they were expecting...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Why should I lie and say I will buy something when clearly I have no intention of buying it?

He said there was more factors then just the poll and I think that most any JLU fan knows AFT is the place where JLU collectors hang out so a poll here is a good determination. Hell, look at the number of threads at Matty. JLU is half of even GB and that sub got canceled. I know people loved this but acting like this is Mattel's fault is getting silly.

No demand = no supply. Why is that so hard to get?

In retrospect they should have never even offered up the poll and just let it die but no matter what they do people will whine about it. It's a no win situation for them.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am 
my tummy itches

I'm sure there is 300+ people out there that don't have an afi account and they couldnt vote. Give us the toyman one first and retry. This needs to be done.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:58 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 1871034737

Well this is kind of conflicting isn't it? he's acting like there is a chance??

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 am 
Aspires to be #1

1. This last post is certainly different from the doom and gloom answer we saw yesterday

2. Looking at the number of threads on the Matty boards is pointless. Most people abandoned that board in its first few weeks because there were so many crazy and uninformed posters there

3. Just make a decision already Mattel! Either kill it or make the last 6 packs. It's really not this hard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 am 
categorically opposed

ian5555 wrote:
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6281027317/m/1871034737

Well this is kind of conflicting isn't it? he's acting like there is a chance??

Not really. The other question was specific about seeing anything at Toy Fair. He said no, and there would be no more JLU product until they got more of a response.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am 
declined to be a vampire

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I'm sure there is 300+ people out there that don't have an afi account and they couldnt vote. Give us the toyman one first and retry. This needs to be done.

But do any of us really have an idea of what a production run is? 300 sounds like a lot, but that's only 6 people per state buying those figures. That's not a lot at all.

So what is a minimum production run that Mattel will consider?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 am 
3 3/4"

Bunger43 wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

But do any of us really have an idea of what a production run is? 300 sounds like a lot, but that's only 6 people per state buying those figures. That's not a lot at all.

I'd be willing to even pay a little more than the $50 price point they offered just to get the official Mattel versions. I would end up paying big money to the overseas sellers anyways if they become readily available again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 am 
Wonderdog

Bunger43 wrote:

You know as well as I do that they'll never answer that question, so it's pointless to even ask.

MoMoney makes a pretty good point, though. I think many of us rushed to the assumption that the 1st post meant "No more JLU ever." When really, it just said "There will be no JLU news at Toy Fair."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 am 
my tummy itches

When really, it just said "There will be no JLU news at Toy Fair."

Thats why I put in parentheses ( for now ) :). Mattel has taken this too far. Either yes or no. Tell us

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 am 
Cold-cast

If the JLU line only has 300 fans, then Mattel shouldn't worry.

If the large majority of JLU buyers (who are not registered users of AFI) feel burned, then Mattel might have problems.

I thought the whole point of the Mattycollector website was for the adult hardcore collectors that were "loud but not as numerous" as the hordes of kids out there. I'm sure Mattycollector does not make as much money as Target and Walmart sales, but that wasn't the point.

They should just rename the site MattysMastersofTheUniverse.com.

JLU will be the only Mattel line I ever will try to complete. They could have tried at least one three pack at that price, instead of getting people's hopes up and then yanking the rug out from under them.

Now I'm only buying the Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters (because that is a guarantee to be completed) and the occasional DC figure from them. Time to downgrade from fanatic to occasional buyer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:06 am 
Brand Manager

MisterMiracle wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I'd be willing to even pay a little more than the $50 price point they offered just to get the official Mattel versions. I would end up paying big money to the overseas sellers anyways if they become readily available again.

Please, no begging. It's not necessary. By my count, Mattel probably has around 15 fully "tool'd" figures (and 3 "highly demanded" reissues) with nowhere to put them.

So given enough breathing room, I bet that someone at Mattel will eventually figure out that it doesn't take rocket science to merge a couple of lines... call it "DC Universe Animated Classics"... and sell it in retail stores to Collectors, Parents and Grandparents over the 2012 Holiday Season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:07 am 
declined to be a vampire

ed case wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:

You know as well as I do that they'll never answer that question, so it's pointless to even ask.

MoMoney makes a pretty good point, though. I think many of us rushed to the assumption that the 1st post meant "No more JLU ever." When really, it just said "There will be no JLU news at Toy Fair."

I was making more of a statement than actually asking.

You have to think larger than our community when trying to guesstimate this. For as hard as it was to find some JLU figures towards the end of retail, you were still looking at tens of thousands of them being produced.

Saying "well, can't they just make 1000 figures" still isn't making a lot. Maybe that's an acceptable number, maybe it's not. I don't know. But even that, that's saying that only 20 people in a given state are going to order the product. That's hardly worth making.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 am 
Wonderdog

Bunger43 wrote:
Saying "well, can't they just make 1000 figures" still isn't making a lot. Maybe that's an acceptable number, maybe it's not. I don't know. But even that, that's saying that only 20 people in a given state are going to order the product. That's hardly worth making.

Hence the extremely high price tag, right? I thought I read somewhere that TG said they needed to sell several thousand of the 4-packs to make it worthwhile, but that they "didn't even sell a thousand." So again, I have to wonder what kind of a response they were thinking they would get.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Mattel really should host an 'official' poll on their site, and send out a press release to all of the toy site promoting it. As much as I love AFi, we are only reaching a small amount of the public. Same with Matty, HOJ, Fwoosh, the Mess, and other sites...they can't honestly expect that vague poll here represents everyone...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next