Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU is officially dead. (for now)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:39 pm 
my tummy itches

tuning4k wrote:
People have been. I posted one this weekend. I hit 'refresh' and didn't see it on the wall. I then hit "Everyone (Most Recent)" found just under the row of pics at the top of the page and BOOM there were all the links.

I know but the official poster for the wall hasn't. We will get at least 300 more votes If they put it up!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:47 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Just went over a little while ago and placed vote #500...

... well overall vote #500, "Yes" vote #394.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm 
Brand Manager

MoMoney wrote:
Basically, what you're saying is that because there's going to be a DC cartoon on the air, it should have JLU-esque toys backing it up at retail (rather than toys that actually resemble the cartoons that are airing).

I think I was pretty clear when I said that in a DC Nation/Legacy multi-purpose line, the toys should resemble their specific cartoons.

Here: viewtopic.php?p=357308#p357308
14 posts ago. So please... if you can't follow a train of thought, are murkying the waters on purpose, or simply posting to contradict for contradiction's sake... DO move along.

For everybody else, here's the abridged version:

• A DC Animated/Legacy/Nation Line.

• In essence, a hotchpotch of various lines following the Batman/Superman Legacy Model that is being used to incorporate unproduced Movie Master Figures into mainstream retail.

• Basically, you would have JLU 3-packs and singles on a DC Nation Card alongside Animated Green Lantern Singles and 3-packs. Each in their own style. Each in a DC Nation Card. (They would hang on the pegs the same way Movie Master 2-packs hang with Arkham City 2-packs.)

• It would be a vehicle that would allow Mattel to release unproduced JLU 3-packs. The developed Green Lantern animated figures in said Green Lantern Animated Style. And if Brave & the Bold isn't around anymore... maybe the unproduced figures from that line.

• It would also serve as a toy/merchandising vehicle for recurring DC Nation shorts. Teen Titans comes to mind as a line that was very popular 7 years ago; and could possibly hit it big again. Afterall, the current genaration of kids were mere babies when JLU & Teen Titans were originally airing. (And the material could still strike a chord once they see it.)

That's it.

I don't think I can explain things any clearer or simpler.

The only other thing worth repeating is that this is basically an alternative to paying $50 per 3-pack for the next year and a half.

And if you don't collect JLU...

Or you want JLU to end...

Or you despise those who collect JLU...

Then you really have no Dog in this fight. All you are doing is trying to contradict, obstruct and create conflict for the sake of your own amusement and entertainment. But for the rest of us... the question presented is simple:

Are you a JLU purist and wish for the 3-packs to be released in JLU cards, as they were originally meant, even if it means paying $50 dollars a pop?

Or do you want Mattel to explore other alternatives like a Multi-Purpose line and release the JLU figures along with some Green Lantern Animated figures, as well as with whatever else they had in mind for the DC Nation line?

For me, it's the latter. I would like to buy the JLU & Green Lantern figures; and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. Plus, I believe that collectors in general will test Mattel's resolve. So the "instant" Mattycollector sellouts that Mattel is looking for, won't materialized themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm 
Brand Manager

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I really think if jlu is going to make any progress on that poll then the retard who works save the jlu on Facebook needs to post the link and NOW!

First of all... WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!

And second of all...

There are a lot of JLU fans in that page that live overseas. They have to pay extra shipping, as well as extra taxes & custom fees.

They could very well end up paying around $80 bucks per 3-pack.

So be careful for what you wish for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm 
my tummy itches

Red Ricky. What you just wrote was complete genius. So smart I gave a segment of it to TG.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:03 pm 
Cold-cast

Van Statten wrote:
Green Lantern 2... still can't believe that one... will have another movie line of figures and look how that first one fared.

No it won't. Mattel will just send out a bunch of "2" stickers so they can be slapped on the existing GL figures. That sea of green will never go away. My theory is that it's the Captain Jack Harkness of toys. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 pm 
shirtless hugger

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I really think if jlu is going to make any progress on that poll then the retard who works save the jlu on Facebook needs to post the link and NOW!

I (and, I'm sure, the other four people who run Save the JLU) really appreciate being called an offensive name because I didn't have a chance to post a link to a fan poll on a Facebook page that I help run in my spare time.

Get a life.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

He bought a life through digital river, Joe. Who knows where that packed has been shipped to at this point.

Look! A joke that makes fun of Digital River and not someone who posts on the boards here! Let's head in THAT direction :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm 
active in the community

red Ricky wrote:

• In essence, a hotchpotch of various lines following the Batman/Superman Legacy Model that is being used to incorporate unproduced Movie Master Figures into mainstream retail.

• Basically, you would have JLU 3-packs and singles on a DC Nation Card alongside Animated Green Lantern Singles and 3-packs. Each in their own style. Each in a DC Nation Card. (They would hang on the pegs the same way Movie Master 2-packs hang with Arkham City 2-packs.)

• It would be a vehicle that would allow Mattel to release unproduced JLU 3-packs. The developed Green Lantern animated figures in said Green Lantern Animated Style. And if Brave & the Bold isn't around anymore... maybe the unproduced figures from that line.

• It would also serve as a toy/merchandising vehicle for recurring DC Nation shorts. Teen Titans comes to mind as a line that was very popular 7 years ago; and could possibly hit it big again. Afterall, the current genaration of kids were mere babies when JLU & Teen Titans were originally airing. (And the material could still strike a chord once they see it.)

That's it.

I do agree with you on everything you said, but it would mean some arguments would need to be made. There is the possibility that it can become a major fail in retail. Green Lantern is a good example of that, but a test run could be done. I'm no expert in business, but I am a customer and do know that I would support a whole animated line combined together. Keep the hope alive!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Joe G. wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I (and, I'm sure, the other four people who run Save the JLU) really appreciate being called an offensive name because I didn't have a chance to post a link to a fan poll on a Facebook page that I help run in my spare time.

Get a life.

I'll second that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm 
Resin

I could swear I posted the link to the CJ poll not once but twice...over a week ago. Double posted it because I didnt click on "everyone" portion so I didnt see the first one I posted...Which the genius who complained about the lack of the link up there still hasnt learned to do. CLICK ON "EVERYONE (MOST RECENT)". Thats my FB tip of the day.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

red Ricky wrote:
MoMoney wrote:
Basically, what you're saying is that because there's going to be a DC cartoon on the air, it should have JLU-esque toys backing it up at retail (rather than toys that actually resemble the cartoons that are airing).

I think I was pretty clear when I said that in a DC Nation/Legacy multi-purpose line, the toys should resemble their specific cartoons.

Here: viewtopic.php?p=357308#p357308
14 posts ago. So please... if you can't follow a train of thought, are murkying the waters on purpose, or simply posting to contradict for contradiction's sake... DO move along.

That's it.

The only other thing worth repeating is that this is basically an alternative to paying $50 per 3-pack for the next year and a half.

And if you don't collect JLU...

Or you want JLU to end...

Or you despise those who collect JLU...

Then you really have no Dog in this fight. All you are doing is trying to contradict, obstruct and create conflict for the sake of your own amusement and entertainment. But for the rest of us... the question presented is simple:

Are you a JLU purist and wish for the 3-packs to be released in JLU cards, as they were originally meant, even if it means paying $50 dollars a pop?

Or do you want Mattel to explore other alternatives like a Multi-Purpose line and release the JLU figures along with some Green Lantern Animated figures, as well as with whatever else they had in mind for the DC Nation line?

For me, it's the latter. I would like to buy the JLU & Green Lantern figures; and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. Plus, I believe that collectors in general will test Mattel's resolve. So the "instant" Mattycollector sellouts that Mattel is looking for, won't materialized themselves.

So let me get this straight.

1. You want Mattel to re-brand a line that has been on it's last legs for a few years now.
2. You want them really cheap.

and

3. Collectors will keep the line going even though it has been proven they can't over and over on Matty.

I love JLU and as much as I would love a DCAU line you're letting your love of the line cloud the common sense area of your brain and people are agreeing with you and calling your posts gospel just because they want the figures.

Why stop at JLU though. If you are going to ask Mattel to put $$ into more failed toy lines let's go for broke. Can we get Street Sharks, Captain Power and Bravestarr back too? Following that same logic I'm sure they'll be a big hit. There's got to be a few hundred collectors of each I am sure and hell Mattel should just run it's whole business like this. Forget market share and profit let's just focus on the little niche groups of people and what they want cause they are loud. We'll be fine. Forget the children too, they really don't matter at all. :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

And Spiral Zone! Don't forget Spiral Zone... but that was like LJN or some cheesy non-Mattel company, right?

Seriously though... I do think a lot of people are thinking with their hearts... what sounds good may not meet the number crunch and unless one of us is privy to the basic numbers of JLU and sales then we'll really ever know but it does sound like JLU has had it's day. It put up a good fight, better then some dying lines.

And who knows, maybe one day it will come back but probably not anytime soon. Look at Star Wars, that line ended in what 1986? 1987? And it made a fierce massive come back in the mid 90s long before the prequels came out. So it can be done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm 
active in the community

Van Statten wrote:
And Spiral Zone! Don't forget Spiral Zone... but that was like LJN or some cheesy non-Mattel company, right?

Seriously though... I do think a lot of people are thinking with their hearts... what sounds good may not meet the number crunch and unless one of us is privy to the basic numbers of JLU and sales then we'll really ever know but it does sound like JLU has had it's day. It put up a good fight, better then some dying lines.

And who knows, maybe one day it will come back but probably not anytime soon. Look at Star Wars, that line ended in what 1986? 1987? And it made a fierce massive come back in the mid 90s long before the prequels came out. So it can be done.

Yeah who knows maybe they might cancel it now, but they might come back in the future as an encore to the best line ever! Maybe they can release them retail or online if they make a Justice League movie. Or if they make another Justice league show. I'm sure Mattel has ideas. Plus the new Batman Animated show is coming out next year and with DC Nation, they may get a lot of promotion out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 pm 
Cold-cast

I agree with Ricky, an all encompassing animated line is a great idea. Most importantly, Mattel can market the line as brand new to retailers.

The main reason JLU died at retail (aside from being hard to find) was that retailers dropped it for new lines. JLU just got too old. If I remember correctly, the year JLU went Target exclusive the Dark Knight movie and Batman: the Brave and the Bold figures replaced it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next