Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU is officially dead. (for now)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:23 am 
Cold-cast

A sort of all encompassing line for canceled lines would be a nice second chance at life for those that collect them. The problem with that as I see it though is YJ. As they'd essentially aimed at the same target audience, the competition could easily kill the new line as well as YJ which is just getting on it's feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I really think if jlu is going to make any progress on that poll then the retard who works save the jlu on Facebook needs to post the link and NOW!

This is disgustingly offensive on so many levels.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:38 am 
active in the community

Titan Speck wrote:
A sort of all encompassing line for canceled lines would be a nice second chance at life for those that collect them. The problem with that as I see it though is YJ. As they'd essentially aimed at the same target audience, the competition could easily kill the new line as well as YJ which is just getting on it's feet.

I think your totally right! What if Mattel wants this to be the new collector line to replace the Justice League line. Maybe they shouldn't do a re-branded animated line. It would ruin Young Justice's spotlight. Maybe mattel just wants to kill the Justice league line so fans could go on to the young justice one. I do believe the Young Justice line is WAY BETTER compared to the JLU line. I also think they are trying to remake some of JLU figures to get the fans on the bandwagon. They are making Hal Jordan, Superman and basically the Justice League. We must support this new line!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 am 
Aspires to be #1

Far_Night wrote:
Titan Speck wrote:

I think your totally right! What if Mattel wants this to be the new collector line to replace the Justice League line. Maybe they shouldn't do a re-branded animated line. It would ruin Young Justice's spotlight. Maybe mattel just wants to kill the Justice league line so fans could go on to the young justice one. I do believe the Young Justice line is WAY BETTER compared to the JLU line. I also think they are trying to remake some of JLU figures to get the fans on the bandwagon. They are making Hal Jordan, Superman and basically the Justice League. We must support this new line!

They're making the Justice League because they're on the show and play a big role. And I don't think this was meant as a replacement for JLU, I think that was supposed to be DCIH and then it completely bombed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:56 am 
active in the community

j1h15233 wrote:
They're making the Justice League because they're on the show and play a big role. And I don't think this was meant as a replacement for JLU, I think that was supposed to be DCIH and then it completely bombed.

True that. Well maybe they have Young Justice planned for many seasons. I'm sure they'll try to introduce as many DC characters to produce as figures. They gave us Icicle, Sportsmaster, and Cheshire! I like to blend both my JLU collection and the Young Justice line so I'm all for this being kind of like an ongoing line even though it's quite pricy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:13 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I know the whole theme is "Let's Save JLU" but even the brain has six minutes after death before brain damage. (Sorry for the morbid example but it's early, I just woke up and I has no coffee yet.)

But if you had a choice... a viable 3 3/4 DCIH line which matched Marvel Universe would you take it over a JLU extension?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am 
active in the community

Van Statten wrote:
I know the whole theme is "Let's Save JLU" but even the brain has six minutes after death before brain damage. (Sorry for the morbid example but it's early, I just woke up and I has no coffee yet.)

But if you had a choice... a viable 3 3/4 DCIH line which matched Marvel Universe would you take it over a JLU extension?

I'm digging the creepy death reference with toys :twisted:
I'm sure if DC released a nicely constructed 3 3/4" scale line of figures ,even Marvel fans would jump and collect. The problem is that Infinite Heroes was an ugly set of figures. I do keep some of the villains like Maxwell Lord and Monsieur Mallah with my JLU and Young Justice line, but the quality of them sucks compared to the Marvel Universe Line. I do think the Green Lantern small movie line were pretty good in design. If they went with that and made the females in that high quality structure I'm sure it would become succesful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:24 am 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:

I'm not really a fan of that scale so I would say no but even I was starting to come around on DCIH a little but it took them way too long to even make them look decent. If they really studied MU and got the right people involved I think they could make a comeback in that scale but who knows if they will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 am 

When I was a kid, that scale was all I wanted with Marvel figures! I loved the Toy Biz DC Superheroes as it was the closest thing and I was too young to truly remember Super Powers even though I had a couple. The Toy Biz Marvel/ X-Men figures were disappointing when they came out. I collected X-Men and I later collected Spider-Man for a while but could never get into them as a whole.

I wanted 3 3/4 what I called then "GI Joe comic figures"

Today, I don't even touch MU or DCIH, ironic enough. DCIH looked like junk and MU look good but they feel cheap when you hold them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'd pick and choose from a DC Marvel Universe scale line. I'd be wary of getting sucked in to yet another line.

So the Aqua-centric characters and the core Justice League so my Avengers could put the beatdown on 'em! :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 am 
Brand Manager

ian5555 wrote:
So let me get this straight.

1. You want Mattel to re-brand a line that has been on it's last legs for a few years now.
2. You want them really cheap.

and

3. Collectors will keep the line going even though it has been proven they can't over and over on Matty.

Funny. When Mattel & Hasbro re-brand out of their own accord, it's genius. When I merely suggest they consider it as an alternative to keeping the line going on Mattycollector at a ludicrous price... somehow my mind is clouded.

'Cause in reality, you don't mind if Mattel keeps the line going as long as they make collectors $$ PAY $$. You won't pay. You made that clear several times. But you'll "support us" as long as we get charged $50 bucks per 3-pack. And apparently, you'll do your best to squash any other suggestions.

ian5555 wrote:
I love JLU...

We can tell.

ian5555 wrote:
If you are going to ask Mattel to put $$ into more failed toy lines let's go for broke. Can we get Street Sharks, Captain Power and Bravestarr back too?

That's really the thing that you don't get, do you?

Mattel doesn't have to put more money into a "failed toy line". They've already put the money! The figures are done.

Is that too hard to understand?

If not, I'll speak slowly...

Mongul is done. Toyman is done. The... Figures... Are... Done.

All Mattel has to do is find a retailer.

Option A= Mattycollector.com
Option B= Re-brand, tie it to the DC Nation Tv Block and call Target or Walmart or Kmart or TRU to pitch the "new" line.

And as for Bravestarr, Captain Power and He-Man...

Back in the day, whenever a line like He-Man got canceled, Mattel would release the remaining figures through their European Distribution Channels. So fans of those lines, did get their chance at their unproduced figures. It's just that Mattel has let their European Distribution Channels erode and now needs Diamond Distributors to handle those chores.

Class dismissed.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118045365?refcatid=13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

What class is dismissed? If you mean "How to go bankrupt in 3 easy steps as a company" then yeah grats on that class. Good luck selling that idea.

So the figures are done huh? They are going to re-brand to do what 9 figures? LOL seriously man, you need to step back and really think about what you are suggesting.

Would it be great? Yeah, it would and I would support the line BUT (and this is crucial so I will type slow instrad of speaking slow...dunno how one even does that on a message board) there....is...NO...WAY...they...do...it.

There are reasons why companies re-brand and this is not one of them.

So what this class has taught us is that any failed toy line just needs to re-brand and they are magically successful. I'm sure Wal-Mart, Target and the rest of the retailers will be knocked out of their seats on this one.....and TG will be setup for a nice huge Christmas bonus after this massive success.

Why stop at re-branding, let's just ask Mattel to give the figures away while we are at it :lol: :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm 
Resin

I see facts and factoids and real INFO in Rickys posts...I see nothing but opinions with not much backing (or verrry little) in Ians. If this were a debate, which its quickly becoming, guess whos getting the points?

Now we return you to our regularly scheduled programing...Snide comments and intellect bashing. :wink:

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:36 pm 

BFantana wrote:
I see facts and factoids and real INFO in Rickys posts...I see nothing but opinions with not much backing (or verrry little) in Ians. If this were a debate, which its quickly becoming, guess whos getting the points?

I don't know about facts... Ricky does have a well thought out and structured opinion backed by passion and love for the line. But it's just a well worded and strong opinion to me.

Then again I'm pulling for Spiral Zone... so underrated. Why couldn't that be a Mattel property?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 pm 
Collector Inspector

Hell, bring back Kenner's Super Powers if you're going to bring back a defunct toy line!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next