Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: TG and Mattel JLU another chance!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 pm 
Collector Inspector

Or vote on my behalf, chip and Ricky. I plan on buying multiple sets so your votes can count for those.

Triple dog dare ya...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 pm 
my tummy itches

Your right jester this probably is the last chance. I want these and will buy them, but Mattel wants to see results badly! I contacted TG telling him of the poll and am leaving it up to stew to update him on the graduality of the poll. Cheers- kalibak. :twisted:

PS: I know first welcome back chip! Second this is taking to
Long and the sooner this poll sees the resuLts the better.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
This is taking too long

Yeah it sure is and I've had just about all I can take of this roller coaster ride. By the time they get around to releasing the last pack I'm not so sure I'm going to even care anymore. :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:27 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I just voted. Gonna keep my fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:37 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I voted as well but I don't know if word has spread out well yet. Does anyone know if Save the JLU Facebook has posted the link? Any of the sites that receive Ask Matty monthly? I know those sites don't talk about JLU much but that shouldn't rule out that there are no JLU collectors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:20 pm 
Cold-cast

This is getting incredibly old. And I'm not even much of a JLU collector. Would I buy Mongul and Toyman at the inflated price? Sure. But if all they're going to do is go back and forth holding that carrot out there forever, I'd just as soon have it be dead and finished.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm 
PVC

I would buy a few sets of each, though I do agree the dangling carrot thing is getting annoying. I think they plan on releasing these but just want to build up the desireability of these packs so people buy more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Titan Speck wrote:
This is getting incredibly old. And I'm not even much of a JLU collector. Would I buy Mongul and Toyman at the inflated price? Sure. But if all they're going to do is go back and forth holding that carrot out there forever, I'd just as soon have it be dead and finished.

10incher wrote:
I would buy a few sets of each, though I do agree the dangling carrot thing is getting annoying. I think they plan on releasing these but just want to build up the desireability of these packs so people buy more.

I agree. I'm seriously getting tired of the whole thing especially since I know that whenever they come that these will be the last JLU packs. No sense in dreaming about what might be coming up next because these are it. Add that to all this back and forth crap and I've lost my patience. I'm really not looking forward to waiting for these packs to come out one by one. Who knows when the last pack will finally be released. I'm really losing interest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:18 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I think the problem is that people keep confusing the message. This isn't our "last chance" anymore than the previous poll done on this website was our "last chance". Our last chance is sort of "in the air" because Matty literally doesn't have to do anything until we come back with the numbers. He can keep saying "sure, run a poll and if you have the numbers, we'll consider doing it". He can say that for the next 5 years, or until the tooling is destroyed. He can keep doing that over and over because he doesn't have to say an absolute no. There is no risk because it doesn't cost Matty any money either way. They've stated that already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 am 
categorically opposed

There's also the issue that there'd be no back-and-forth if it was just accepted that the line was dead. If Mattel comes back and says, "Nope, not doing it," they're just as much the bad guy as they are now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:28 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I voted Yes because I would love to have those figures and end the collection on a high note.

But at this point, if Matty comes back and says, "Sorry guys", then I will just shrug my shoulders and move on. All this Maybe, Yes, no, Maybe, NO, we'll see, just wait, yes, NO! just isn't worth the hassle anymore.

If Matty puts these up, I WILL BUY THEM. If not, my collection stands as is.

Thanks for trying everyone, but I'm tired of trying to convince Mattel to pay attention to us when they clearly have no interest in paying attention to us. Its tiring, redundant, and feels very very futile. Maybe if there were some indication that Matty/Scott were making as big of a concerted effort as we are, I'd be more inclined to rally and be more vocal of a demonstrator.

It just feels, to me at least, that Matty/Scott's major contribution is "Hey, bean counters, can we do this? No, oh ok" with exactly that much effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:57 am 
Resin

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I voted Yes because I would love to have those figures and end the collection on a high note.

But at this point, if Matty comes back and says, "Sorry guys", then I will just shrug my shoulders and move on. All this Maybe, Yes, no, Maybe, NO, we'll see, just wait, yes, NO! just isn't worth the hassle anymore.

If Matty puts these up, I WILL BUY THEM. If not, my collection stands as is.

Thanks for trying everyone, but I'm tired of trying to convince Mattel to pay attention to us when they clearly have no interest in paying attention to us. Its tiring, redundant, and feels very very futile. Maybe if there were some indication that Matty/Scott were making as big of a concerted effort as we are, I'd be more inclined to rally and be more vocal of a demonstrator.

It just feels, to me at least, that Matty/Scott's major contribution is "Hey, bean counters, can we do this? No, oh ok" with exactly that much effort.

I totally,100%, agree with this. I also agree with the being tired of the dangling carrot. Not sure who said that,Ive used that analogy a few times with this myself. But heres the thing, for me anyway, it doesnt take me (or anyone else here) more than a few minutes max to put up a poll or make a post.Could be here, or on Facebook,CJ, doesnt matter. So for me its not a lot of effort. Is it wasted? Possibly. Is Matty/TG listening? Doubtful. But if they cant take the few minutes to put up whatever wherever I dont mind doing it or taking part.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Backward Galaxy, MoMoney, and bnjmnrlyr all make good points.

I think that's just it guys. Mattel can do this song and dance for years if they wanted to and part of that is because there will probably be some JLU fans that will never give up and accept the end of the line. Which is fine and that's their business but I've had just about enough myself. JLU is just losing momentum with me. I've been ready to take down my JLU display in favor of something else for a while now. I'm tired of worrying about JLU. They either come or they don't. I was all set to buy before but now I'll just have to decide as they come out whether I want them at that time. Maybe I'll fall into the pick and choose category now especially since it doesn't seem like they'll try to lock us in with a subscription. Oh well :|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 am 
Fugitive Dust

I voted yes on the poll and voted yes with my wallet, buying two over every Matty JLU offering, except for the "made up" Earth-2 heroes.

I'll start tweeting about this tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 am 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Backward Galaxy, MoMoney, and bnjmnrlyr all make good points.

I think that's just it guys. Mattel can do this song and dance for years if they wanted to and part of that is because there will probably be some JLU fans that will never give up and accept the end of the line. Which is fine and that's their business but I've had just about enough myself. JLU is just losing momentum with me. I've been ready to take down my JLU display in favor of something else for a while now. I'm tired of worrying about JLU. They either come or they don't. I was all set to buy before but now I'll just have to decide as they come out whether I want them at that time. Maybe I'll fall into the pick and choose category now especially since it doesn't seem like they'll try to lock us in with a subscription. Oh well :|

The way i see it is this. Do I want Mongul and Toyman? Yes. Would I be just as fine without them? Yes. Either option is perfectly okay. But tell me if I need to set aside the money for them or not. I have dumped girlfriends for this very same behavior and appreciate it less in a company that claims to want my money. And as for being the "bad guy", why should they care? If it's only a few hundred at most buyers, then what's the problem? I don't see them dangling a few more Dark Knight figures out there because they're afraid of pissing off the (probably) similarly numbered fans of that line. Crap or get off the pot Mattel. Either is fine, but other people gotta go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next