Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: TG and Mattel JLU another chance!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:52 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

A bummer for sure but good to know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I don't know why anyone is surprised by that news. They already told us GL wasn't getting a line, despite the eBay leaks. Things are easier if you don't assume Mattel is lying every time they say something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm 
Cold-cast

ToyGuru wrote:
batfink wrote:
I'm guessing that we will see these GL Animated figures at NY Toy Fair. Last year, around this time, there were JLU eBay leaks galore right before NYTF. I'm surprised that there have not been more leaks this year.

To manage expectations, I can assure you we are not showing GL Animated product at NYTF as there is not GLA line planned for 2012. Concept figures and prelim design work have a way of leaking out illegally though ebay and it is a shame as it throws off fan expectations. But I assure fans there is no GL animated line coming from Mattel.

Until you hear an offical announcement from Mattel, ebay leaks are not the place to go for any info on upcoming lines. tons of product goes into preproduction that does not get released (just look a the JLU Firefly fig). When Mattel announces something it is worth getting excited about. When something leaks on ebay, it only serves to confuse and muddle info.

There is no GL Animated toy line from Mattel.

ToyGuru,

I can understand your frustration with the Ebay leaks. But thanks for taking the time to clear that up.

On a side note: if there ever is a future line based on JLU / GL Animated / Bruce Timm designs--I like what your designers did with the ball jointed arm sockets, scale, and overall body design for Hal. The style is a nice update from JLU but still maintains the consistent "look" from Timm's animated cartoons.

This figure would fit in seamlessly if you ever decided to release the other unreleased JLU into a line. Hint, hint :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:51 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

j1h15233 wrote:
I don't know why anyone is surprised by that news. They already told us GL wasn't getting a line, despite the eBay leaks. Things are easier if you don't assume Mattel is lying every time they say something.

This.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:29 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

ToyGuru wrote:
Concept figures and prelim design work...

Cutting steel molds falls under this, now? Unless the toy-making process has drastically changed recently, it's no wonder you guys barely have any budget money for new characters. It's wasted on mistakes like going through with the most expensive part of the toy production process before the retail order money is in the bank.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 pm 
Damage Control

marillion wrote:
ToyGuru wrote:
Concept figures and prelim design work...

Cutting steel molds falls under this, now? Unless the toy-making process has drastically changed recently, it's no wonder you guys barely have any budget money for new characters. It's wasted on mistakes like going through with the most expensive part of the toy production process before the retail order money is in the bank.

Peace,

Chip

This.

C.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm 
Former King of Posts

It is a good point that the GLTAS show has barely aired and therefore has relatively few fans of its own at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
my tummy itches

Bummer. Oh well. It was too '' retro and realistic '' unlike jlu, btas, stas...etc; what I still have hopes for Is the unreleased 3 packs. But if not rare jlu here I come. ( I just scored a 50$ atomic skull today!!! ) ttyl - kalibak

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
When something leaks on ebay, it only serves to confuse and muddle info.

...except it tells us more about what Mattel is developing than Mattel is apparently willing to share.

I for one am glad that someone out there decided to put some test figures up on Ebay. Is it technically right? Probably not...but how else would we have known about the figures that were being attempted?

Believe me, we've all learned long ago that just because we find out about a figure being produced, it doesn't mean we're definitely going to get it.

Last edited by DisneyBoy on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm 
my tummy itches

Translucent volcana is on eBay for a bid of 100!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:29 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Um...where?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
Resin

I dont see one with translucent hair...I see the original Volcana for a Benjamin, lets face it Its all about the Benjamins,but I dont see any other!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 am 
my tummy itches

Oops! Sorry! I thought it was translucent but I still hope I helped you if you needed the original!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:07 am 
Hat Pooper

ToyGuru wrote:
batfink wrote:
I'm guessing that we will see these GL Animated figures at NY Toy Fair. Last year, around this time, there were JLU eBay leaks galore right before NYTF. I'm surprised that there have not been more leaks this year.

To manage expectations, I can assure you we are not showing GL Animated product at NYTF as there is not GLA line planned for 2012. Concept figures and prelim design work have a way of leaking out illegally though ebay and it is a shame as it throws off fan expectations. But I assure fans there is no GL animated line coming from Mattel.

Until you hear an offical announcement from Mattel, ebay leaks are not the place to go for any info on upcoming lines. tons of product goes into preproduction that does not get released (just look a the JLU Firefly fig). When Mattel announces something it is worth getting excited about. When something leaks on ebay, it only serves to confuse and muddle info.

There is no GL Animated toy line from Mattel.

Not to sound rude, what about when Mattel leaks new figures to the public that we will probably never get the chance to purchase. How is that any different than ebay leaks?

I was excited when Mattel showed us the unreleased JLU figures, but now I'm confused and muddled.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 am 
5th Horseman

superfriend wrote:
It is a good point that the GLTAS show has barely aired and therefore has relatively few fans of its own at this point.

It is a fair point, but if the show does become a hit, Mattel will miss the entire first year of its airing to make figures. A year is practically forever in terms of kids and toys; if it is a hit, the show will probably air new episodes for 2-3 years, meaning Mattel will have missed 1/3-1/2 of potential sales.

Still, I think these eBay leaks prove that Mattel wanted to get figures out and plans have changed since then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next