Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite JLU figure from the rarest 6 packs?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am 
AFA Graded

I think everybody has Atomic Skull by now. Thanks to ebay.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

Nope, I need all of them and am unwilling to spend the current Ebay prices on these.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm 
active in the community

bat313 wrote:
Nope, I need all of them and am unwilling to spend the current Ebay prices on these.

Same here. Those Ebay prices are ridiculous. I'm crossing my fingers that Mattel doesn't let Volcana fans down and the people who didn't get those last 6 packs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm 
my tummy itches

Its not too hard to get atomic skull sense he's always on eBay. As for shadow their I still really need him. Crimson fox sold for 30$ the other day. And shadow thief 20. I wanted him but I decided on atomic skull.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:14 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

bat313 wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:

Same for me. Doesn't help that I'm a MOC collector. I have a real hard time justifying $125+ for a 6 pack. I'd rather use that money to add to my statue collection... or not starve.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 pm 
shirtless hugger

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

I thought there was a poll here and about 75 percent of the people had the guys from the 6-pack, by luck, trades, or Ebay, I guess.

But I am not one of those people. And I have been averse to paying the price these are being sold for. I should pay extra because Mattel sucks and screwed the pooch distributing these? No thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 am 
Hat Pooper

These sets never appeared anywhere near me.

I was lucky to get these for close to cost.

1 of the sets I got from another collector that posts here for cost + shipping.

The other set, I found at a local toy show 2 years ago for $30.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 am 
Aspires to be #1

I've said this before but it bears repeating as a lesson to everyone. When these sets were out, I bought a league set and kept it for 2 weeks. NO ONE here at the time was willing to pay cost plus shipping for the pack so I returned it to Target and never saw it again. Some other lucky collector must have snagged it.

Then, about a year later I found another pack at a comic store for 35...about 70 less than the average eBay price at the time. NO ONE here would buy it for that price plus shipping. I put it on eBay and got 100 bucks for it.

The lesson, people are always willing to say they'll buy something or say they need this or that but when you try to help them they aren't really interested. I think most people who wanted any of these figures have them by now unless you came in late and had no choice but eBay. The others, just like to talk.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 am 
5th Horseman

I'd love to get these figures, but like some of the others here I'm not willing to spend much more than retail. Even if I could find them for a good price, it would be really tempting to sell them on eBay for over 5 times their original cost.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:

The lesson, people are always willing to say they'll buy something or say they need this or that but when you try to help them they aren't really interested. I think most people who wanted any of these figures have them by now unless you came in late and had no choice but eBay. The others, just like to talk.

Unwilling to overpay for these figures in not "just talk". I include having to pay someone else to ship them to me (at a time when these should be hitting stores) as overpaying on my end. I should be able to find them in the store and I should be able to be picky with paint apps. I gambled and lost but I still refuse to overpay. I really want atomic skull and may never find him at the price I want (less than the price of the original 6-pack) but that is not just talk on my end. If I ever spot him at a LCS loose for $10 he's mine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 am 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Unwilling to overpay for these figures in not "just talk". I include having to pay someone else to ship them to me (at a time when these should be hitting stores) as overpaying on my end. I should be able to find them in the store and I should be able to be picky with paint apps. I gambled and lost but I still refuse to overpay. I really want atomic skull and may never find him at the price I want (less than the price of the original 6-pack) but that is not just talk on my end. If I ever spot him at a LCS loose for $10 he's mine.

If you're not willing to pay 5 dollars extra for me to ship it, then you don't really want them. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. The second pack was even worse. By that point, everyone knew they weren't finding them and wouldn't pony up 40 bucks for them. I only asked what I had to pay and you'll never find a much cheaper deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:26 am 
my tummy itches

Jh I just started collecting JLU In November and I was wondering if you could pick me up or give me one of those packs MOC. If u come across another.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Jh I just started collecting JLU In November and I was wondering if you could pick me up or give me one of those packs MOC. If u come across another.

I'll always offer things here first because it's easier than eBay and I'd rather someone here get it but you're not finding those packs outside of eBay, a convention, or a comic book store at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm 
Collector Inspector

I barely slept last night so forgive me if my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

What was the story with the JLU Signal Man figure? Was that a only a rumor or is there possibly a prototype kicking around out there somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 pm 
Aspires to be #1

tuning4k wrote:
I barely slept last night so forgive me if my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

What was the story with the JLU Signal Man figure? Was that a only a rumor or is there possibly a prototype kicking around out there somewhere?

That was on a rumored list of figures that was about half true. I don't think Signal Man is in prototype form anywhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next