Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 pm 
Collector Inspector

By the way, GL: TAS toys are at McDonalds.

For my fellow JLU or YJ customizers....

I just got a complete set. Kilowog's head might be good for some custom work. The Interceptor ship might makea good robotic-based GL (kinda like Quislet or Skeets), one of the Hal Jordan heads might be used in a YJ custom figure and Razer might work as is. He's kinda small but , as an alien, why not let him be kinda small?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

"Ring I said I wanted to go to Danny the Street!"

"I'm the King of the Wal-Mart"

Size comparison

Oa

Ysmault

RED LANTERN RAZER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:03 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Those look really cool!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'm totally in love with this show and, it pains me to say this, even though these protos aren't JLU size I think I would be ok with collecting them...despite all the crap that happened with JLU. I love the show that much. I realize it's pretty futile to hope we see any of these because of what has happened with Young Justice but if we do, I'm in. Take more of my money and frustration, Matty. Please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:54 pm 
Wonderdog

These are actually pretty OK, especially for Happy Meal toys. I had to have them; I mean perish forbid anything with a GL symbol on it should get past my wallet...but these were actually pretty good toys. I may try to pick up extras for custom fodder, but for sure I'm keeping a set intact.

It's too bad that there aren't plans for GL Animated toys, in spite of the prototypes showing up on eBay now and then. I'd love that Zox in my collection; the scale for Zox is just about right for JLU despite the "humanoid" characters being just undersized enough to be annoying....

Does anybody know how the show is doing? I personally love it, and me and mine are enjoying the whole "DC Nation" thing on Cartoon Network (I love the guy who tests "real" batarangs and trick arrows, just love him!), but are the ratings good enough to have retailers reconsider carrying the toys?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 am 
Knows his stuff

Here's what I luv about your pictures.

McDonald's Green Lantern Happy Meal Toy, Lights Up (made w/plastic, in China) = $2

MATTEL Young Justice Figure (scale similar, plastic, from China) = $9.99 :shock:

HASBRO Marvel Universe Figure (scale similar, plastic, from China) = $7.99 :shock:

Speaks volumes IMHO. :roll:

Regards,

geoffdude

Last edited by geoffdude on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am 

Yes but the McDonald's toys don't have to pay packaging and art... That's a big part cost of toys too. Ever notice how they are always priced by the size of the box, regardless what you get inside?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:43 am 
Knows his stuff

I understand there are cost for packaging, and overall product quantity lowers production prices.

However, oil prices for plastic, is ALWAYS the cited factor for the current high prices from MATTEL, HASBRO etc.

McDonald's does have to pay for Happy Meal boxes too BTW.

$4.75 for a Happy Meal (Toy, package, funky meat product and drink) VS $10 for similar plastic toy with package just doesn't seem in the same cost ball-park... being my point.

*Love the GL McDonald's toys too BTW.

Regards,

geoffdude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am 
5" Scale

geoffdude wrote:
I understand there are cost for packaging, and overall product quantity lowers production prices.

However, oil prices for plastic, is ALWAYS the cited factor for the current high prices from MATTEL, HASBRO etc.

McDonald's does have to pay for Happy Meal boxes too BTW.

$4.75 for a Happy Meal (Toy, package, funky meat product and drink) VS $10 for similar plastic toy with package just doesn't seem in the same cost ball-park... being my point.

*Love the GL McDonald's toys too BTW.

Regards,

geoffdude

well it also comes down to type of plastic and how many molds do they need for the figures, even has few POA that YJ figures have its still more POA then most McD figures, and generally McD toys are made of a harder plastic and also normally the paints are much worse on McD toys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:37 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Actually- there was a thread here discussing full economy of scale on McDonalds toys-- numbers between 250,000- to a million units per toy (if not higher)-- with minimal articulation-- thats where the costs are saved..

12,804 Mcdonalds - just in the U.S. You figure a case of 100 figures per store-- thats over 1.25 million toys per type-- Im sure Hasbro or Mattel would dream of those sale numbers...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm 
Brand Manager

Wait... what?!??! I thought they were free as long as you bought the Happy Meal. Besides, DC Comics probably sells less comics than Mattel sell figures (or McDonalds sells burgers); and they still found a way to give away free Black, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Blue, Purple, Indigo and White Lantern Rings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm 

Small promotions like the rings make great tax write offs... and like the Free Comic Book Day Comics (they use to run dealers a dime a piece or something along those lines), I believe they still cost dealers a little something when orders were placed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 pm 
5" Scale

red Ricky wrote:
Wait... what?!??! I thought they were free as long as you bought the Happy Meal. Besides, DC Comics probably sells less comics than Mattel sell figures (or McDonalds sells burgers); and they still found a way to give away free Black, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Blue, Purple, Indigo and White Lantern Rings.

Im sure you have done a lot of research to get the facts for these "sales" figures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11