Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:16 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Your photo saddens me. As I posted a long time ago the sku for the atrocitus was retired, discontinued, whatever, but every one of them sold out fast. It would be great to have seen other figures made.

It is odd about the size difference. Having looked over the photos I kept of the auctions from ebay for this line, I am forced to admit that there is a distinct difference between these items and test shots I have seen. Which makes me ask, with people continually mislabeling test shots as prototypes how do you know you have only prototypes? Which then begs the question, what does mattel do with prototypes after the line is started or canceled?

This leads me to be sad when I think about all the characters I will not be able to add to my Mattel JLU collection, or better yet, to my DC animated Hasbro collection. All I have for that collection is my animated Kyle with light up ring.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
j1h15233 wrote:
CJF28 wrote:
GL animated clip from Wondercon

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ries-clips

The Goat Red Lantern
Hawkman
Saint Walker
Star Sapphire

They better make a toy line!!!

Cory

Pretty impressive. I don't' like the voice they chose for Saint Walker though. It just doesn't sound like him to me.

I believe that was Phil Morris, and I actually liked him doing the voice for SW, while I didn't expect him to be voicing Saint Walker, I did find he did a good job for what we were shown in the small clip. I am more concerned with Tom Kenny (who is awesome) doing Hawkman's voice, (if that guy that was chained up was actually Hawkman.) IMO Tom kenny doesn't really seam like a great choice to voice Hawkman. But again we only saw a few minutes and we aren't sure if that even was Hawkman, so I'll have to actually wait and see/hear before I completely say meh or yeh! ;)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm 
ABS

monitor_ep wrote:

I find this strange that the humanoid figures seem to be small while Zilius Zox is big. I like my figure and yes this is a prototype (one of many that I have). If Mattel doesn't want to release them that is fine, at least I have one of the better figures (not)released.

I find it strange your comparing 3 different toy lines. One of which, hasnt been made

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:29 pm 
ABS

Dusty wrote:
I believe that was Phil Morris, and I actually liked him doing the voice for SW, while I didn't expect him to be voicing Saint Walker, I did find he did a good job for what we were shown in the small clip. I am more concerned with Tom Kenny (who is awesome) doing Hawkman's voice, (if that guy that was chained up was actually Hawkman.) IMO Tom kenny doesn't really seam like a great choice to voice Hawkman. But again we only saw a few minutes and we aren't sure if that even was Hawkman, so I'll have to actually wait and see/hear before I completely say meh or yeh! ;)

D.

I just love the fact, that there is more to this show than just Green Lanterns.

as much as retailers were burned with the GL movie toy line, the problem was, in the end, there really werent any bad guys. You had 16 different green lanterns and that was it. No villians, no sidekicks, no guest appearances.

In GL-TAS, you have blue lantern, villians, red lantern sidekicks. blue lanterns. this week had a hint of maybe some yellow lanterns in the future.

I REALLY want toys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I did the photo to show what the test shot/prototype figure would fit in with the JLU & Heroes World line.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:00 am 
Brand Manager

Dusty wrote:

D.

I seriously doubt that was Hawkman. Even though all Thanagarians start to look the same, after a while.

CJF28 wrote:

as much as retailers were burned with the GL movie toy line, the problem was, in the end, there really werent any bad guys. You had 16 different green lanterns and that was it. No villians, no sidekicks, no guest appearances.

In GL-TAS, you have blue lantern, villians, red lantern sidekicks. blue lanterns. this week had a hint of maybe some yellow lanterns in the future.

I REALLY want toys

Someone mentioned that Mattel's keeping the Movie's 3.75 scale for the animated line. Not thrilled about that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm 

If they do the figure in that size I will not be collection the whole series like I did with JLU and Young Justice. I want them to fit in with the JLu lineup. Since they are releasing a YJ scale Hal Jordon there is not reason to do it in there size.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
red Ricky wrote:
Dusty wrote:

D.

I seriously doubt that was Hawkman. Even though all Thanagarians start to look the same, after a while.

CJF28 wrote:

I REALLY want toys

Someone mentioned that Mattel's keeping the Movie's 3.75 scale for the animated line. Not thrilled about that.

I hope it isn't Hawkman, but alot of people are thinking it is over at Toonzone, (actually maybe not "alot" possibly just a few ;) ) I myself don't think it is, but either way I want GLTAS figures! andCJF28 I completely agree, sure we collectors could have all 15-16 GL's fight a Green Sinestro, but kids don't exactly know who Sinestro is, lol. So yeah Mattel screwed up on the toyline, but ultimately I blame the movie for not having villains that Hal can physically go toe to toe with... or atleast hit in the face, (In my eyes Hector Hammond was not enough, and Paralax was too big a villain to be defeated so easily,) the movie was just too big for its britches. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

I love the show so far and hope Mattel uses JLU bucks for some of the figures. Those Thanagarians in the clip
look cool, but I'm confused, I was under the impression this show was part of the DCAU, maybe it was just
wishful thinking. In my mind this show explains why there wasn't a Hal Jordan Green Lantern on Earth and
if anything it explains why John Stewart is the Green Lantern of Earth. So maybe it takes place before the
Thanagarians attacked Earth? Maybe it wasn't Hawkman but Hro Talak? I really hope the show is in Continuity
of the DCAU, we'll see...But please let's get some decent sized figures!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:40 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I thought this was a movie tie-in

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 am 
Wonderdog

Van Statten wrote:
I thought this was a movie tie-in

If it's supposed to be, they did a terrible job keeping it consistent, because the cartoon doesn't have those hideously overdone costumes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I took it like the original FOX Batman the Animated Series was a tie-in to first two films with similar versions of Gotham City being very dark and Gothic as well as a similar Batmobile. Yet keeping the Batman suit very comic book style in nature or more of a hybrid of the comic and the movies at the time. At this point the comics didn't include the black suit yet.

At least that's how Wizard/ Comic Scenes and CSN explained it back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Here is a serious question. As I understand it a cartoon without a toyline is doomed. I can think of a number of cartoons that died after their toyline bombed. I am also thinking about Static which made it for 4 seasons and the Legion which made it only two. If this is true, isn't GL doomed at this moment unless they try a toyline in the not too distant future?

For me I will only buy a toy line which fits either JLU or the Hasbro DCAU. If the line is in some other scale, I will only buy the figures which fit in the afore mentioned lines.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I think you actually have it backwards, a toylike without a cartoon is doomed (JLU was the exception don't even get started)

Having crossover tie ins is always great, but hardly necessary for the success of a tv property

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 pm 

I agree with Mrinvincible, I the figure are any any other style I will pass them up. I am tired of toy companies who kept putting out different lines just make the collectors buy a whole new lineup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next