Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Of course, looking at things from the opposite side of the fence, mmmaaaaayyyybbbbeee they were planning a bunch of playsets/vehicles, and decided on this "smaller than JLU" scale to make that work...?

:roll:

Yah, nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:59 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I dunno what the decision was but clearly this is a big enough deal where people should be fired over it. Toys are serious business.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

ian5555 wrote:
I dunno what the decision was but clearly this is a big enough deal where people should be fired over it. Toys are serious business.

:lol: I... I don't know... if you're being sarcastic... or are being serious... there's no indicator in that post but I'm laughing anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:24 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They really need a sarcastic button guess I should just use :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:36 pm 
Collector Inspector

I remember an old bit from that Ellen sitcom. The guy who ran the coffee bar in her bookstore said "Tell you what. You'll always know I'm being sarcastic when I raise my eyebrows." So he'd say something snarky and folks would wait to see if he'd raise his eyebrows or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 pm 
Brand Manager

Wait... I have a button!!!!

You know... for those that read "poo, poo, poo, poo, poo" and then think you are being super-serious. Ridiculously super-serious. Ziriouszly, y'all!!!

ps: Double dare ya' to click it! Click it!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm 
Collector Inspector

It's like "Man Bear Pig" super serious!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:00 pm 
active in the community

I'm hoping that the size changes because everyones right about it.There is alot of potential with all these new characters showing up in the show.I need that Star Sapphire and Saint Walker,but I just don't know.In this case, Size does matter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

red Ricky wrote:
Wait... I have a button!!!!

You know... for those that read "poo, poo, poo, poo, poo" and then think you are being super-serious. Ridiculously super-serious. Ziriouszly, y'all!!!

ps: Double dare ya' to click it! Click it!!!!

HA!

Thanks for making me spit coffee out my nose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

red Ricky wrote:
I say poo. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo. And whoever chose that scale for Hal Jordan after 10 years worth of JLU Green Lantern Related Figure-Fodder (i.e. Thanagarians, Sinestro, Star Sapphire, The Manhunters, Dr.Polaris, Evil Star, Goldface, Eclipso, Mongul, Alan Scott, Abin Sur, Guy Gardner, Solomon Grundy, Katma, Tomar, Arkkis and Power Ring) needs to go. Fire his/her arse. I don't care. Heck, I'm even glad the whole Green Lantern Movie line resulted in this debacle; and that the Green Lantern Animated series line has been canceled/delayed. 'Cause that gives the powers-that-be at Mattel time to come to their senses.

At the end of the day, this scale is too small to complement Young Justice and/or JLU; and too "lacking" to pass as Infinite Heroes. So from the bottom of my heart... "good call" Target, Walmart & TRU. For not wasting your time and money. Hopefully, your "not saying yes to everything Mattel throws your way" attitude will translate into Mattel putting a little bit of thought and effort into figuring out "who their customers really are" and "what it is they really want".

Of course, the scale change could be due to the no-masked-GL-Hal-Jordan-in-JLU-size/scale requirement with Holiday Hal... (saying half sarcastically, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the truth)

plus, any retail GL:TAS line would be aimed at kids and we'd be very lucky to see any Star Sapphires, Aiya or any other female characters that might show up in the series.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

red Ricky wrote:
needs to go. Fire his/her arse. I don't care.

Dude, you can post clever pics and joke about it but this doesn't sound like joking around to me. I bet you truly are that engrossed with these figures you truly believe people should lose their jobs if they do not make the decision that suits you.

Even if you really were joking (which I doubt) there is nothing funny about someone losing their job and it's even more retarded when someone even suggests it over something as trivial as toys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:21 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I dunno... I still wonder about the guy who opted Killer Moth for a DCUC figure! :lol:

All kidding aside, when someone says that about someone's job... I take it as when someone says "I wish they were dead" they never truly mean it... but I know... I know... don't ever wish bad things upon people, you'll feel bad when they happen...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Ok, maybe, if so then my bad but that is just seriously messed up if not kidding.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Simply put, as far as I am personally concerned, here's where I side on the size issue.

If the animated GL series toys were JLU-sized and scaled, I'd be hard pressed not to buy them.

If they are indeed intentionally smaller than JLU, then that's an easy pass for me. Savin' me some mo'nay, Mattel. Thanks! If they ever get made, that is. Gee, I'm saving money either way :)

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 pm 
Collector Inspector

Van Statten wrote:
I dunno... I still wonder about the guy who opted Killer Moth for a DCUC figure! :lol:

All kidding aside, when someone says that about someone's job... I take it as when someone says "I wish they were dead" they never truly mean it... but I know... I know... don't ever wish bad things upon people, you'll feel bad when they happen...

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE GREATEST DCUC FIGURE EVER PRODUCED! FOR SHAME SIR, FOR SHAME!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next