Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:45 am 
Mint on Card

I would love for a GL line. I think stylistically the character designs are very close to JL/JLU which given the same scale will work with my JLU collection.

I thought, why not have a couple of 3-packs to test the market? Maybe a Hal/Kilowog/Salaak or Atrocitus/Razer/Zillious Zox set? I dont' know just a thought. I know what ToyGuru so I know it won't happen this year.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 am 
Unbreakable

You have to have a retailer actually purchase the product before you can even test the market. From the sounds of it, no one is willing to jump on another GL line at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 am 
categorically opposed

kevfett wrote:
You have to have a retailer actually purchase the product before you can even test the market. From the sounds of it, no one is willing to jump on another GL line at this time.

And who can blame them? Granted, the product was largely abysmal, but even better product would've crashed and burned with the mediocrity that was GL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
No. You didn't.

The guy posts a pretty straight forward answer and you still crap all over it.

Toy Guru: Don't post here anymore. It's not worth it.

Seriously. I just stopped reading his post after a few lines. Pointless. How do you guys live your lives with this "everything is a lie" outlook? I feel sorry for you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am 
Wonderdog

If it ever does happen, I'll be thrilled. Depending on scale, it looks awfully JLU friendly to me, assuming authenticity to the prototypes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
serves the Otter

Shellhead wrote:
No. You didn't.

The guy posts a pretty straight forward answer and you still crap all over it.

Toy Guru: Don't post here anymore. It's not worth it.

Nail, meet head. Howard, that was the crappiest, most mean-spirited thing you've ever posted (which is saying something). Not to mention managing to be condescending AND stupid at the same time. You paint yourself as some wacky AFI mascot crank who "tells it like it is" when the truth is that you never have any idea what you are talking about and the only people you speak for are the deluded.

I still think ToyGuru should post here but he should put Howard on ignore. That's what I'm doing after this post.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 pm 
Mint on Card

kevfett wrote:

I hear you Kev. Just thinking out loud.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm 
Resin

These figures do look close enough to compliment JLU (which I think many of us were thinking and hoping they would) and Id love to get in on those auctions but pushing $50 already with 3 days to go tells me they will end up being out of my comfort zone...That and I am saving my pennies for the Blue Beetle and/or Guy should they pop back up.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

:(

'Why so serious?'

Sheesh, some folks forgot to take their happy pills today, I see? It's a joke folks. Satire. Poking fun? Heard of those? 'There is always someone who doesn't get the joke!'

Before y'all go and 'ignore' me, tell me this: JLU was announced...officially....by Mattel for 2011 and look where that got us? I was pointing out the inconsistencies in ToyGuru's anti-GL Animated tirade. Yes. I did. I call it a tirade. Simply telling us the one and only fact of it all would have sufficed. 'There will be no GL Animated at Toy Fair this year'. Done and understood. Don't go all high and mighty about ebay sellers, selling 'prototypes' or test shots or whatever.

Sure, I appreciate his answering the question in the first place. But gee, I thought we were all here to actually comment about toys and the like. And I commented. Like it or not, I commented and threw in my two cents.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:18 pm 
serves the Otter

You're not an edgy comedian, Howard. You are on a public forum and your constant attacks on Scott do not come across as funny anymore, if they ever did. I am not happy with the way JLU or GLTAS are being handled either but literally picking apart the man's post like that seemed incredibly jerkish. We WANT Scott to answer our questions. Posters like you are probably the reason he has been posting less frequently. He probably sees it as a waste of time and with you treating him that way, he's not wrong. Shellhead is right. There was no need for that.

I'll take you off ignore for now, but you are on excedingly thin ice with me. Honestly, I don't know if my opinion on the subject matters or not but I can't be the only person here who finds your tone constantly offensive. Please, calm down.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I wonder how much these will sell for...given that they might very well someday end up made, but word has come down that they likely won't in the immediate future...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:59 am 
Brand Manager

DisneyBoy wrote:
I wonder how much these will sell for...

Just a random guess, but I'm thinking... $50 dollars on Mattycollector. :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Har Har :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:44 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Howard the Duck wrote:
:(

'Why so serious?'

Sheesh, some folks forgot to take their happy pills today, I see? It's a joke folks. Satire. Poking fun? Heard of those? 'There is always someone who doesn't get the joke!'

Before y'all go and 'ignore' me, tell me this: JLU was announced...officially....by Mattel for 2011 and look where that got us? I was pointing out the inconsistencies in ToyGuru's anti-GL Animated tirade. Yes. I did. I call it a tirade. Simply telling us the one and only fact of it all would have sufficed. 'There will be no GL Animated at Toy Fair this year'. Done and understood. Don't go all high and mighty about ebay sellers, selling 'prototypes' or test shots or whatever.

Sure, I appreciate his answering the question in the first place. But gee, I thought we were all here to actually comment about toys and the like. And I commented. Like it or not, I commented and threw in my two cents.

There was nothing funny or satirical about your post. We should be thankful that Toyguru takes to time to address these issues personally. And yes, they have every right to be dismayed when someone is selling their stolen property. You wouldn't like it either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:21 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I would argue that my post was potentially funny, depending on the reader's sense of humor. Satirical, more likely(again, that much is in the eye of the beholder) But that's why opinions are what they are. I have mine, and others have theirs.

Now, where exactly did I attack Scott personally? I don't, and I didn't. I very much disagree with a great many of Mattel's decision making policies, and I frequently exercise my ability to do so(as others do as well) I have nothing but praise for Scott, aka ToyGuru personally. I've met him. Spoken to him. He's a great guy. Very personable and friendly. Knowledgeable too, and his passion for the DCU is apparent. I have no personal agenda against him. And I sincerely doubt that my occasional rants will convince him to stop answering questions here on AFi. If anyone has information to the contrary, I would gladly take my ranting down a notch or two. Lest anyone have any doubts, I thank Scott(and have thanked him) for all of his work at Mattel. Sure, the Green Lantern movie line didn't do so well, but that's not a reflection on him. The movie underperformed and retailers overordered. The animated line is probably in jeopardy because of that. Justice League Unlimited would never have been what it was without his support and nurturing. A huge 'Thanks' from me for that!

And I apologize to those persons here on AFi who seem to take offense to my diatribes on a now regular basis. Again, I believed that posting and discussing differing opinions was the entire point of what AFi is about. If we all drank the Kool-Aid(or didn't drink) across the board, this would be a one-sided boring place of sorts. I try to entertain, be it as it may, while also trying to get my opinions seen and heard. Take me with a grain of salt and a spoonful of sugar sometimes. I'll try to meet y'all somewhere in the middle.

And I won't get annoyed at anyone's annoyance with me :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next