Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Sounds good to me.

So, what's the tally on ebay GL Animated prototypes so far? Thanks to the links in this thread, I saw Hal Kilowog, and another Kilowog? Or was that a different character. And there's a Zox floating around as well, right?

And wouldn't it be a good thing for Mattel to have shown something GL Animated at Toy Fair. I mean, it's meant to drum up retailer support, right? I guess the timing is bad. The movie GL toys have to be gone for maybe a year for retailers to even consider it. That, and good ratings on Cartoon Network.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Yeah, I think it's just timing, along with ratings for the show and also if Mattel even wants to do another DC boys toyline at all (especially after the GL movie line fiasco.) But I am no expert on these subjects, so these are all just guesses, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Howard the Duck wrote:
And wouldn't it be a good thing for Mattel to have shown something GL Animated at Toy Fair. I mean, it's meant to drum up retailer support, right? I guess the timing is bad. The movie GL toys have to be gone for maybe a year for retailers to even consider it. That, and good ratings on Cartoon Network.

Not if the big three retailers aren't onboard already. TRU, Target and Walmart get to see all of this stuff long before Toy Fair and if one or two of them aren't interested the others don't get a shot at it. (That number used to be six and included K-Mart, Sears and KB and it usually took a minimum of three of them to get a line off the ground.) I'm sure that the big three were all for an animated line to ride on the "success" of the movie and when it didn't happen they pulled support until it can be seen if the cartoon gets ratings they like. Some amount of tooling is finished (or near finished) but with no painted test shots showing up (there haven't been painted ones, yet, right?) it seems the plug was pulled early at the factory. If the show is a huge hit this spring we could still see the line hit with the August or January resets. If it doesn't happen by January the line probably won't happen at all (like the LOSH:TAS line).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:17 am 
5" Scale

Dusty wrote:
I have already been limiting the amount of time I spend on this site already, but after comments from other posters, (that ARE actually rude and disrespectful) I have limited it even more. AFI is not very fun anymore, people jump down your throat even if you're just making a joke (one that is not even at another's expense,) and no I won't call those individuals out, but seriously are collecting TOYS really that big of a deal, that you feel you need to get all angry, disrespectful, and rude about it? Heck... NO!... get over yourselves,

Dusty, I have a sneaking suspicion you're talking about me and my comments in the "stupid" thread. To be honest, I wasn't calling you stupid at all although I really should have clarified that in the thread itself but the thread was getting so stupid I didn't want to bother. My fault totally and I apoogize. For the record, EVERYBODY'S posts in that thread were idiotic including mine. I said that I had made a very stupid post in the thread itself so I thought that made it very clear I wasn't calling anyone out but making an observation that the thread was bringing out the worst in all of us. For the record your post was only a LITTLE bit stupider than mine. Mine was still in the top five if not the top three. ;)

As for Howard and the banhammer I am not a mod and I have no say in the subject. That's probably for the best because I am less forgiving of how ToyGuru has been chased off this forum than the mods seem to be. I would personally have posters who respond to him be on a very tight leash because we are lucky that he posts here at all. I think being disrespectful to him is one of the most disruptive things you can do on this board because if he does what Shellhead suggests and doesn't bother to post anymore, the board is worse off for it. And Shellhead was right. At this point there isn't much reason for him to stick around if people are going to dump on him after he gives honest answers. The entire board suffers when people act like a jerk to him. So it's not merely a question of me being annoyed with Howard. I think his posts are actively hurting the community. Now if Howard were to change his behavior today and go back to being to being the lovable scamp who was always so excited about toys he was a couple of years ago, I'd have no beef with him. But recent history suggests that soon after this thread dies he will go right back to trying to drive Scott off the board. Prove me wrong, Howard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:31 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Fone Bone wrote:
Dusty, I have a sneaking suspicion you're talking about me and my comments in the "stupid" thread. To be honest, I wasn't calling you stupid at all although I really should have clarified that in the thread itself but the thread was getting so stupid I didn't want to bother. My fault totally and I apoogize. For the record, EVERYBODY'S posts in that thread were idiotic including mine. I said that I had made a very stupid post in the thread itself so I thought that made it very clear I wasn't calling anyone out but making an observation that the thread was bringing out the worst in all of us. For the record your post was only a LITTLE bit stupider than mine. Mine was still in the top five if not the top three. ;)

LOL, thanks man, I apologize too for any of my posts that may have caused any frustration or offended you or anyone. :) Truthfully it really wasn't just that thread, that made me limit my time here, (other people had said stuff before that made me just visit this site and not participate too often.) But, like I said before I decided to forgive and forget, (life is way to short to hold grudges over silly things.) So your good man, no worries, all is good. :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 pm 
5" Scale

Dusty wrote:
LOL, thanks man, I apologize too for any of my posts that may have caused any frustration or offended you or anyone. :) Truthfully it really wasn't just that thread, that made me limit my time here, (other people had said stuff before that made me just visit this site and not participate too often.) But, like I said before I decided to forgive and forget, (life is way to short to hold grudges over silly things.) So your good man, no worries, all is good. :)

D.

Dusty I want you to know that I think you are one of the absolute nicest posters here. You never have a bad word to say about anybody and the notion that I gave you the idea that I ever thought differently makes me sad. You're a good guy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Ok guys guess who the lucky (or unlucky) winner was? Thats right me!!!!!. I paid a pretty penny to get Hal but i wanted him with all my heart (and money too). Stew if you want to make molds for them i will be happy to lend them to you when i get them just let me know. I cant believe I really won them both. I figured they would go for a lot higher than that. That will be my last time getting anything like that in a long time. The wife was happy for me since it was my christmas money but she thought i would buy something a little better than that. Im just happy now!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:12 pm 
serves the Otter

Fone Bone wrote:
Dusty wrote:

D.

Dusty I want you to know that I think you are one of the absolute nicest posters here. You never have a bad word to say about anybody and the notion that I gave you the idea that I ever thought differently makes me sad. You're a good guy.

Dude you don't need to feel bad at all. Thanks a ton for the awesome compliment, I really really appreciate it. I honestly don't think I deserve it (as I have had far too many chump moments during my time here at AFI, lol.) But again, your kind words are still very appreciated. Also don't sell yourself short, you and even those I don't agree with here are still awesomely great people, we all just get ruffled by each other or by other stuff every now and then. Anyways, have a nice weekend buddy, :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:17 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
Ok guys guess who the lucky (or unlucky) winner was? Thats right me!!!!!. I paid a pretty penny to get Hal but i wanted him with all my heart (and money too). Stew if you want to make molds for them i will be happy to lend them to you when i get them just let me know. I cant believe I really won them both. I figured they would go for a lot higher than that. That will be my last time getting anything like that in a long time. The wife was happy for me since it was my christmas money but she thought i would buy something a little better than that. Im just happy now!!!!

That's awesome!

I know I'm waiting on a blue Kyle and I won the Batman with the bloody wound across his chest from ebay myself. Didn't pay anywhere as much as you did though! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Jim_Abell, thanks for the insight. I wasn't fully aware that the Big Three get such advanced cracks at product. I am holding out hope for the green light(pun intended) for the GL Animated line.

Regarding ToyGuru, I would wager that between his very busy profession and his relatively new status as a father have a whole lot to do with his absences from AFi. Not so much the ramblings of Howard the Duck.

Now, what blue Kyle and scarred Batman toys are we bidding on? Are they GL Animated? I assume that fuzzyelf1's Hal was the GL Animated one, right?

For anyone here who happens to buy one of the GL Animated auction prototypes, please let us know just how they measure up in size when compared to JLU toys, okay? Please? :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 pm 
serves the Otter

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
Ok guys guess who the lucky (or unlucky) winner was? Thats right me!!!!!. I paid a pretty penny to get Hal but i wanted him with all my heart (and money too).

Congratulations! And I second the motion. So please let us know how he looks standing next to the rest of the Justice League.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:42 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Howard the Duck wrote:
Now, what blue Kyle and scarred Batman toys are we bidding on? Are they GL Animated? I assume that fuzzyelf1's Hal was the GL Animated one, right?

Blue Kyle is DCUC and will be in a TRU exclusive 2pack with Yellow Hal
Scarred Batman will be in a TRU exclusive 2pack with Red Armor Azrael.

Quote:
For anyone here who happens to buy one of the GL Animated auction prototypes, please let us know just how they measure up in size when compared to JLU toys, okay? Please? :wink:

IN the beginning of this thread (or a similar thread from when Kilowog and Zilius Zox first appeared, the winner did put up pics of the prototypes with JLU figures so we could all see the scale.

They looked awesome together.

So far, we have seen ebay leaks of Zilius Zox, Kilowog, Hal, and Atrocitus and I personally can't wait for more to turn up so I have another chance at snagging them. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 am 
Collector Inspector

Does anyone know what this is? The seller who sold the Hal and Atrocitus figures has this up. Could it be another Red Lantern? Some kind of nondescript space alien Hal fights? You decide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-Mon ... _500wt_949

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 am 
Collector Inspector

Looks like a Gererator Rex figure to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:26 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, Generator Rex.

That same seller has put up other GenRex figure prototypes and labelled them as JLU in the past.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next