Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm 
Fugitive Dust

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
Ok guys guess who the lucky (or unlucky) winner was? Thats right me!!!!!. I paid a pretty penny to get Hal but i wanted him with all my heart (and money too). Stew if you want to make molds for them i will be happy to lend them to you when i get them just let me know. I cant believe I really won them both. I figured they would go for a lot higher than that. That will be my last time getting anything like that in a long time. The wife was happy for me since it was my christmas money but she thought i would buy something a little better than that. Im just happy now!!!!

hey, thanks for the offer but you enjoy your late xmas gift. i was actually trying to get these myself with another member but some confusion happened at the last minute and just i just wanted to do what i need to do and give them back to my friend for going in on it. i wanted these so i could have the liberty of pulling them apart to make the proper molds without the limitation of being cautious of taking them apart. i really didnt want to keep the figures for myself anyway, just make copies of the parts to work with and also offer them up on the store. so, i dont think you will want me to get a hold of them. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 am 
Wonderdog

Is it possible that this alleged Atrocitus figure was made from this statue?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 am 
Wonderdog

Howard the Duck wrote:
...Mattel can be upset about prototypes and test shots on ebay. They should be, really. red Ricky was accurate in saying that I couldn't afford to buy such things. My personal feeling on the matter is this: I personally don't wish to purchase them, simply because I want official versions. even if I was in the market. If I cannot buy it from a retailer or Mattel directly, and if it wasn't produced by Mattel, then it doesn't feel quite accurate or right to me to want them. Now, if other AFi members want them and buy them, I don't blame them. At all. That's a choice for them to make. I will say this, however. I would still be without a JLU GL Hal Jordan head if not for a fellow AFi member. For that, I am appreciative.

Ebay is very good at removing items that seemingly infringe upon copyrights and trademarks, epsecially when a company makes them enforce the issue. I remember back a few years ago when ToyGuru(I believe) said that Mattel was going to pursue those ebay sellers and prevent them from selling them. It never seemed to come to fruition, so I assumed(rightfully or mistakenly) that Mattel either dropped the issue or was unsuccessful in their efforts to prevent it.

Honestly, I took ToyGuru's statement as being a tad too...what's the right word...'Animated' regarding the GL Animated prototypes. I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to feel miffed about it. I'm saying that it seemed to be a little on the side of overkill. What's done was done, and adding it to the mix(to me anyway) seemed superfluous. All he really needed to address was the presence(or lack of) the GL Animated toys at Toy Fair this year.

While we're all at it, what's this talk of banning me? Really? I. Have. Opinions. And I let them be known. Just like anyone and everyone here on AFi. Agree or disagree, whatever. That's our prerogatives as individuals to make that distinction. I find it distressing that my name would be thrown into consideration for being banned. I have nothing but respect for any and all AFi'ers opinions. I'd think for one to be banned, they would have to break actual rules. Y'know, like posting outrageously obscene material, physically or verbally threatening someone's health, harassment via private message, spamming up the boards, hacking, and so on and so forth. I can say with 100% certainty that I have a knack for droning on and on and on and on and on...I am guilty of that. Back during the Great JLU GL Hal debacle, I was quite the vocal fan. I like to think that on some small level, I added to the voices that were heard by Mattel, which eventually gave us the closest thing we could get to having a JLU GL Hal. This is a great reason as to why I feel that opinions matter.

Disagree with me all you like. Agree with me, if you dare. Ban me for BEING OPINIONATED? That's sad. I'll drink the Kool-Aid of my own volition, and not just to agree wholeheartedly with Matty's omniscient and never-erring strategies. You all wait and see...when I go and post a comment about how SDCC 2012 will have convention-only goodies like Gleeks and Starros, I'll have someone else getting on my case for simply stating my annoyance at such a practice. But I can take that, because a differing or counter-opinion to my own is a welcome one. For me, anyway.

Mods, if EVER you feel that I am being utterly disruptive to AFi in general, or am breaking any rules, or doing anything that even comes close to warranting a banishment, then please by all means contact me personally via PM. I hope that my opinion matters around here, and that someone who is opinionated can be heard or dare I say, welcomed here on AFi.

FREE HOWARD!! OCCUPY AFI!

(too soon?) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 am 
ABS

Poor Howard, you're preaching to a crowd that SEEKS confrontation in order to vent out personal frustrations. Rejoice in a simple fact: thanks to your vociferous tone (and the rest that are non-conformists and unafraid to criticize when it is called for, and give praise when it is due) united to the rest, we got the figures we wanted! CRINGE TO THAT, you sad and unhappy people! I've suggested they get the attention they need, because their behavior is getting worse by the thread (and some threads, shouldn't even concern them, yet they look for somebody to pick a fight with). Keep rejoicing in your own misery people, I'm off to enjoy the toys my fellow apasionados manage to get for me.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Thoreau

^ Apparently, he was right.

And remember, I'm gone, but still poke around for information. However, the minute I see Kindergarden type of bullying I'll step in. So block me if you must, I really don't care. I'm here to support ANYONE who is treated unfairly in these forums. Cause, they ACTUALLY GET THINGS DONE! Unlike the rest who, as overstated above, love sulking in their own misery.

:D Have a nice day, y'all!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

GLsector666 wrote:
Is it possible that this alleged Atrocitus figure was made from this statue?

Nope, the figure isn't that dynamically posed.

This is what is on eBay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-Cla ... 2a19fb868b

and is a much more static "waiting-for-the-bus" pose ala JLU.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
GLsector666 wrote:

Nope, the figure isn't that dynamically posed.

and is a much more static "waiting-for-the-bus" pose ala JLU.

...but that's how I stand when I wait for the bus.

(People look at me funny and rarely sit close to me, but it makes waiting for the bus FUN)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
However, the minute I see Kindergarden type of bullying I'll step in. So block me if you must, I really don't care. I'm here to support ANYONE who is treated unfairly in these forums. Cause, they ACTUALLY GET THINGS DONE! Unlike the rest who, as overstated above, love sulking in their own misery.

That's good to hear. I assume the next time someone bullies ToyGuru on this forum you'll be the first person to stick up for him, right?

It makes me laugh that posters like you who are completely awful to Scott decided to take credit for these last figures coming out. At least Howard has the decency and humility to give Scott his due (the awful post in question came BEFORE the Toyfair reveals). Somehow us getting these last figures isn't due to Scott repeatedly going to the bat for JLU to the suits at Mattel, or the hugely popular and positive JLU campaign. No, it's due to whining message board posters like you. Got it.

As for your repeated calls for civility and bemoaning the lack of adult behavior on the forums, it's called projection. I'm not going to be lectured on civility by someone who does nothing but troll, pick fights and insult people in a personal manner whenever they disagree with him. You are one of the rudest members on this board, which would almost be okay (there are plenty of rude board members here) if you weren't constantly advising people on proper etiquette while being completely inflammatory and insulting. THAT infuriates me. Take care of your own house before criticizing others, m'kay? I seriously doubt this post of mine will do any good as you seem to have a pathological inability to admit your mistakes but I'm sick of you being so awful while having the gall to lecture others on proper behavior.

Have a nice day.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 am 
Aspires to be #1

Fone Bone wrote:
thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
However, the minute I see Kindergarden type of bullying I'll step in. So block me if you must, I really don't care. I'm here to support ANYONE who is treated unfairly in these forums. Cause, they ACTUALLY GET THINGS DONE! Unlike the rest who, as overstated above, love sulking in their own misery.

That's good to hear. I assume the next time someone bullies ToyGuru on this forum you'll be the first person to stick up for him, right?

It makes me laugh that posters like you who are completely awful to Scott decided to take credit for these last figures coming out. At least Howard has the decency and humility to give Scott his due (the awful post in question came BEFORE the Toyfair reveals). Somehow us getting these last figures isn't due to Scott repeatedly going to the bat for JLU to the suits at Mattel, or the hugely popular and positive JLU campaign. No, it's due to whining message board posters like you. Got it.

As for your repeated calls for civility and bemoaning the lack of adult behavior on the forums, it's called projection. I'm not going to be lectured on civility by someone who does nothing but troll, pick fights and insult people in a personal manner whenever they disagree with him. You are one of the rudest members on this board, which would almost be okay (there are plenty of rude board members here) if you weren't constantly advising people on proper etiquette while being completely inflammatory and insulting. THAT infuriates me. Take care of your own house before criticizing others, m'kay? I seriously doubt this post of mine will do any good as you seem to have a pathological inability to admit your mistakes but I'm sick of you being so awful while having the gall to lecture others on proper behavior.

Have a nice day.

+ infinity haha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 am 

I really shouldn't have posted that. But I was fed up. I hope the rest of the board can forgive my diatribe. Because I meant every word.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Fone Bone wrote:
I really shouldn't have posted that. But I was fed up. I hope the rest of the board can forgive my diatribe. Because I meant every word.

Some people, right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 am 
Wonderdog

Listen, I don't think we'll ever figure out how these last 6packs came to be. Maybe some bean counter somewhere in Mattel wrote a memo asking why there was no ROI on the molds or development, and someone else decided to make them to break even.

Does it really matter at this point? Some of us don't like how Matty handled this line, but others do. Time to move on. Cool?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am 

Van Statten wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

Some people, right?

Have I ever mentioned how much I love your avatar? Doctor Who rules and Karen Gillan is beyond hot. Just thought you should know. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:31 am 
Fugitive Dust

I recieved my Hal and Atrocitus figures from Hong Kong. I am disappointed. I thought they would be very comparible to JLU but they are not. They are just slightly smaller than YJ figures in fact YJ kinda towers them. will work on pics for you. What a waste of money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am 
Collector Inspector

well THAT sucks to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Elf, I'm betting some of the parts would still be good fits with the JLU line. That's what I'm hoping anyway, and the Zilius at least looks to be pretty close to scale.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next