Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm 
Brand Manager

fuzzyelf1 wrote:
I recieved my Hal and Atrocitus figures from Hong Kong. I am disappointed. I thought they would be very comparible to JLU but they are not. They are just slightly smaller than YJ figures in fact YJ kinda towers them. will work on pics for you. What a waste of money.

Unbelievable!!! So the plan was to:

1- not appeal to JLU collectors on account of scale,

2- drive away the Infinite Heroes/Green Lantern Movie crowd on account that they hate the unrealistic/animated look,

3- and at the same time make the figures as incompatible with Young Justice as possible so as to ensure that no cross-pollination between brands occurs by accident or design.

Excellent, just excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm 
Aspires to be #1

red Ricky wrote:
fuzzyelf1 wrote:
I recieved my Hal and Atrocitus figures from Hong Kong. I am disappointed. I thought they would be very comparible to JLU but they are not. They are just slightly smaller than YJ figures in fact YJ kinda towers them. will work on pics for you. What a waste of money.

2- drive away the Infinite Heroes/Green Lantern Movie crowd on account that they hate the unrealistic/animated look,

3- and at the same time make the figures as incompatible with Young Justice as possible so as to ensure that no cross-pollination between brands occurs by accident or design.

Or maybe the plan was to make several types of prototypes and NOT have them stolen and sold and eBay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:47 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Red Ricky's comments are focused on the style of figure. He is correct that companies want to continue changing sizes and styles so that we will have to buy all of a line and not just pick up what we don't have from a previous line. When Toybiz had the X-Men it was amazing how many ways they used to get people to buy another Wolverine figure. It is sad that we cannot have an accepted scale for figures, but that is how it is. I am just thinking about how the railroad industry standardized rail tracks.

Another thing that bothers me is how people keep saying Mattel's property keeps getting stolen. In this writing I am thinking about the test shots. No test shots are ever sold by the designing company. When did mattel or hasbro ever card a test shot? What they do with them is they throw them in the trash. This is the same for lines that never see the light of day such as GL Animated. At some point those manufactured items stop being the property of Mattel. When is that? By US law when something goes into the trash it no longer belongs to the original owner. If you really feel the need to be upset about anything then be upset about the conditions in Chinese factories and then be willing to spend a lot more on the toys you buy. Test shots equal trash which equals fair game for the dumpster diver.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Mrinvincible wrote:
Red Ricky's comments are focused on the style of figure. He is correct that companies want to continue changing sizes and styles so that we will have to buy all of a line and not just pick up what we don't have from a previous line. When Toybiz had the X-Men it was amazing how many ways they used to get people to buy another Wolverine figure. It is sad that we cannot have an accepted scale for figures, but that is how it is. I am just thinking about how the railroad industry standardized rail tracks.

Another thing that bothers me is how people keep saying Mattel's property keeps getting stolen. In this writing I am thinking about the test shots. No test shots are ever sold by the designing company. When did mattel or hasbro ever card a test shot? What they do with them is they throw them in the trash. This is the same for lines that never see the light of day such as GL Animated. At some point those manufactured items stop being the property of Mattel. When is that? By US law when something goes into the trash it no longer belongs to the original owner. If you really feel the need to be upset about anything then be upset about the conditions in Chinese factories and then be willing to spend a lot more on the toys you buy. Test shots equal trash which equals fair game for the dumpster diver.

+1! While we may not know for sure exactly how these ended up on Ebay, I have to give you props for your post, :)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:13 am 
shirtless hugger

Dusty wrote:
Mrinvincible wrote:

+1! While we may not know for sure exactly how these ended up on Ebay, I have to give you props for your post, :)

D.

I will second this with another +1! We can never truly know if items were stolen or simply taken from the trash or given away for free to workers. Sometimes the holier-than-thou attitude on this board is frightful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I heard that Mcdonald's was going to do a Green Lantern animated series toy for happy meals, maybe these are part of it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

What do you mean we can never truly know? Mattel has come out in the past and publicly said that those types of items on eBay were in fact stolen. That's all the proof I need.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am 
Collector Inspector

Oh wow, I wouldn't trust Mattel's "word" as far as I could comfortably spit out a dead rat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 am 
Wonderdog

meh - Mattel has been whining about Hot Wheels stuff that travels out in lunchboxes for years, and yet they never do anything about it; probably because it fires up the collectors and stirs the market.

All publicity is good if it gets people talking about you, right? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 am 
Wonderdog

red Ricky wrote:
fuzzyelf1 wrote:

this. Plus: see my sig quote. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 am 
Aspires to be #1

Well I see what this is turning into so I'll bow out and save myself the trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:
What do you mean we can never truly know? Mattel has come out in the past and publicly said that those types of items on eBay were in fact stolen. That's all the proof I need.

I hate doing this but... jingle H. kringle!!! It’s like dealing with a TV Evangelist over here.

Look, it’s fine if you want to act Holier-than-thou just so you have less competition/interference when dealing with your overseas friends. But when you do, at least do us a favor and have the decency to change your signature. Honestly, please!!! If you are going to fake it, fake it all the way!!! (Or are you not aware that both Tracksuit Batman and Long Hair Orange Shirt Aquaman are also stolen property? ‘Cause if you’re not… then you should add Translucent Volcana to that “want list” of yours. That way you can hit the trifecta of hypocrisy in one swift blow!)

Last edited by red Ricky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am 
5" Scale

j1h15233 wrote:
Well I see what this is turning into so I'll bow out and save myself the trouble.

Im amazed it took this long for it to turn into this lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Red Ricky, I am amazed at how cruel and out of touch with reality you can be. Everyone knows that Volcana, Tacksuit Batman, and longhair orange shirt Aman were throw aways. There are Chinese kids even now digging through mountains of trash looking for these to put on Ebay. This is not to be confused with test shots which were never ment for sale, but are still kept in a special locked safe. This safe is made of the finest materials, and you thought adamantium was just in comics, with a special time lock set for a hundred years from now. There is a huge difference in trash and trade secrets. Please get your facts straight in the future. I am just so suprised it has taken me this long to figure out the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 pm 
Aspires to be #1

fball13z wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Im amazed it took this long for it to turn into this lol

Me too, especially if/when Ricky gets involved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next