Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS Hal Jordan & Atrocitus on Ebay
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 pm 
Brand Manager

Mrinvincible wrote:
Red Ricky, I am amazed at how cruel and out of touch with reality you can be. Everyone knows that Volcana, Tacksuit Batman, and longhair orange shirt Aman were throw aways.

I don't know. That sounds like a flimsy argument. And from what I've been reading about Toy Guru's development of the MOTUC line... it sounds like they don't authorize throwaways, either. Plus, I'm pretty sure that taking something without permission still qualifies as stealing. I mean... my Grandma's car is old as heck and barely works. So it certainly qualifies as trash. But I sure hope that people don't think of it as a throwaway and help themselves to her tires, wipers, lights, fuzzy dice, etc. :P

But you know what?!?! Maybe we should ask Saint Joel of Matty. He seems to have a pretty good moral compass. That is... as long as he's not the one with the highest bid.

j1h15233 wrote:
fball13z wrote:
Im amazed it took this long for it to turn into this lol

Me too, especially if/when Ricky gets involved.

MMmmm... I'm sorry. I apologize. For a minute there I thought that you were the one that got involved first by calling out my comments. I guess I got things mixed up. Oh, well. If only there was a way to check and see who quoted whom, first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

It sounds to me as if there are a lot of rationalizations going on for buying stolen mechandise. First of all, this isn't some elaborate conspiracy by Mattel of claiming stuff that was stolen was really thrown out. Why would anyone throw out a prototype? For what reason would that happen? Maybe the toy designers moms cleared out their garages?

Mattel says these toys are stolen and we've had it backed up by the mods and other people in the know that that's the case. Instead of saying "Huh, maybe I should stay away from these things after all" people are looking to blame Mattel! Talk about blaming the victim! You want to buy stolen stuff on eBay, I guess that's your right as a consumer. But don't accuse people who rightly point out that these items are hot of being high and mighty and being on some high horse. Especially if you cannot even acknowledge the obvious fact that these are stolen.

j1h15233, I agree with every point you make and think you are a smart guy. But as others pointed out you may want to change your sig.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Fone Bone wrote:
It sounds to me as if there are a lot of rationalizations going on for buying stolen mechandise. First of all, this isn't some elaborate conspiracy by Mattel of claiming stuff that was stolen was really thrown out. Why would anyone throw out a prototype? For what reason would that happen? Maybe the toy designers moms cleared out their garages?

Mattel says these toys are stolen and we've had it backed up by the mods and other people in the know that that's the case. Instead of saying "Huh, maybe I should stay away from these things after all" people are looking to blame Mattel! Talk about blaming the victim! You want to buy stolen stuff on eBay, I guess that's your right as a consumer. But don't accuse people who rightly point out that these items are hot of being high and mighty and being on some high horse. Especially if you cannot even acknowledge the obvious fact that these are stolen.

j1h15233, I agree with every point you make and think you are a smart guy. But as others pointed out you may want to change your sig.

Thank you but I'm not changing my signature. I know the figures are most likely stolen but I'd still like to have those figures. I've never jumped on anyone who buys the prototypes, but let's not pretend they aren't stolen from the factory.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- This has gotten way off-topic and has gotten personal in the process. Back to the discussion of GL:TAS test shots/prototypes/what-have-you...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:45 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Hopefully these leaked... or stolen...or thrown away ;) GLTAS figures were just a test and that if a GLTAS line is actually made, they will be in JLU scale. Otherwise I may end up only buying Hal, or none at all. lol.

(BTW the beginning of my post was intended to lighten the mood, I in no way am trying to argue or cause any issues with anyone. :) )

D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Dusty how dare you?!?!?!?!?!! Actually I don't care, BUT what I do care about is that next month McDonald's will have GL figures, but don't take my word for it: http://happymeal.com/index.html?p=toys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Masked Avenger wrote:
Dusty how dare you?!?!?!?!?!! Actually I don't care, BUT what I do care about is that next month McDonald's will have GL figures, but don't take my word for it: http://happymeal.com/index.html?p=toys

Cool! thanks for the link, Hopefully one of the Hal figure's heads will be in scale with JLU, so I can just buy one and pop his head off and put onto a JLU buck, :)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:09 pm 
active in the community

I picked up the Hal figure and I will post pics of scale when I receive it.Should be any day now.And to not think that these were not lifted is being a bit naive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm 
serves the Otter

comicbookreader wrote:
I picked up the Hal figure and I will post pics of scale when I receive it.Should be any day now.And to not think that these were not lifted is being a bit naive.

I suppose it is a good thing that I have never bid on or bought one these stolen "test shots" of JLU or anything else then, because my Karma would be in the very bad negative zone, lol. ;)...

...Plus with bad Karma, I couldn't afford to be hit by a car, or something else bad happening to me, (literally I couldn't afford it,) ;)
j/k with ya CBR, :)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 am 
active in the community

Dusty wrote:
comicbookreader wrote:

I suppose it is a good thing that I have never bid on or bought one these stolen "test shots" of JLU or anything else then, because my Karma would be in the very bad negative zone, lol. ;)...

...Plus with bad Karma, I couldn't afford to be hit by a car, or something else bad happening to me, (literally I couldn't afford it,) ;)
j/k with ya CBR, :)

D.

What a relief because I fight pitbulls and also run several puppy mills.
Just kidding with you D.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:40 pm 
ABS

GL animated clip from Wondercon

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ries-clips

The Goat Red Lantern
Hawkman
Saint Walker
Star Sapphire

They better make a toy line!!!

Cory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:52 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I'm guessing that's Skallox?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:56 pm 
Aspires to be #1

CJF28 wrote:
GL animated clip from Wondercon

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ries-clips

The Goat Red Lantern
Hawkman
Saint Walker
Star Sapphire

They better make a toy line!!!

Cory

Pretty impressive. I don't' like the voice they chose for Saint Walker though. It just doesn't sound like him to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:43 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I find this strange that the humanoid figures seem to be small while Zilius Zox is big. I like my figure and yes this is a prototype (one of many that I have). If Mattel doesn't want to release them that is fine, at least I have one of the better figures (not)released.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next