Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - DCUC: Club Infinite Earths Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:38 am 
Aspires to be #1

I can't believe Bunger hasn't chimed in yet. I was pretty anxious to hear what he thought about the reveals for the sub haha.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
I can't believe Bunger hasn't chimed in yet. I was pretty anxious to hear what he thought about the reveals for the sub haha.

If the people on the Fwoosh who have been screaming how hard and fast the sky was falling for the past six months are now happy, I can't imagine anyone not being happy.

Poison Ivy looks great. Platinum and Tin are perfect. Rocket Red is cool (Fire and Ice two-pack next year, please). Mirror Master looks good (and he's probably coming first because of how little tooling he has). Black Mask is visually stunning, even though I don't really care for him.

They're delivering, and I'm glad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:08 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

If the people on the Fwoosh who have been screaming how hard and fast the sky was falling for the past six months are now happy, I can't imagine anyone not being happy.

Poison Ivy looks great. Platinum and Tin are perfect. Rocket Red is cool (Fire and Ice two-pack next year, please). Mirror Master looks good (and he's probably coming first because of how little tooling he has). Black Mask is visually stunning, even though I don't really care for him.

They're delivering, and I'm glad.

I agree. I'm happy and I really don't care too much for any of the new figures they showed yesterday except Mirror Master (not counting Ivy as new). I'm hoping to see Huntress round out the year and then I'll be stoked. People should be happy for the females too. We've already got two out there.

Last edited by j1h15233 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:12 am 
active in the community

I'm pretty happy about this. Especially with Mirror Master, Black Mask and Rocket Red! Can't wait for them. Thanks Mattel! Now wheres my Klarion the Witchboy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'm not at all a fan of the Metal Men (or Doom Patrol), but I must admit I was blown away by Platinum and Tin. I've already promised all my Metal Men and Doom Patrol figures in the sub to a member here, but I think I'll have to brave Matty on sale day to get one of my own.

They have completely knocked it out of the park with this sub. There's not a single figure I don't like. It's amazing (sarcasm) how when you take retail out of the equation, how many awesome figures you can put out there.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 am 
declined to be a vampire

Any good gallery links yet? Front page stuff here is pretty limited.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:05 am 
Aspires to be #1

alcinde4 wrote:
I'm not at all a fan of the Metal Men (or Doom Patrol), but I must admit I was blown away by Platinum and Tin. I've already promised all my Metal Men and Doom Patrol figures in the sub to a member here, but I think I'll have to brave Matty on sale day to get one of my own.

They have completely knocked it out of the park with this sub. There's not a single figure I don't like. It's amazing (sarcasm) how when you take retail out of the equation, how many awesome figures you can put out there.

The Metal Men kill me. Every time I see one announced I think to myself that I'll just sell that one or trade it and then I open them up and they're too cool to get rid of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Bunger43 wrote:
Any good gallery links yet? Front page stuff here is pretty limited.

http://www.kuzeykalesi.com/dc-comics/77 ... attel.html

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... f666h999m2[/quote]

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/ ... r-12-5421/

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 am 
Aspires to be #1

That Toyark gallery was good. Best up close pic I've seen of Starman and the alternate head. I kind of wish there was a third head for him with his mask pulled up above his nose and a hamburger hand to stuff his mouth with haha.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:

I'm content with this. Not super thrilled, but not disappointed by any means.

I don't like that Black Mask figure though. Not because I don't like Black Mask, but because I hate that freaking Clark Kent bucks. I hate the suit, I hate how the mobility is hindered, ugh.

REALLY happy with Mirror Master. I know Superfly/Superfriend (can't remember which one) will be excited too. Platinum and Tin I could do without, but I don't think they are bad.

I'd say a solid B to B+ range. This reveal definately wasn't enough to make me wash my hands of it.

I like Rocket Red too.

Also: LMAO...greatness waiting for my response. Just now got a chance to see it. Glad you like what I think ;)

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
That Toyark gallery was good. Best up close pic I've seen of Starman and the alternate head. I kind of wish there was a third head for him with his mask pulled up above his nose and a hamburger hand to stuff his mouth with haha.

LMAO...great custom idea.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I love the figures that were shown for the club, but I do need to ask for clarification's sake...

Is Rocket Red considered a regular monthly figure, or will he be offered as one of the "oversized" offerings?

Not a big deal as I WANT HIM regardless, but it would be nice to know what slot he belongs in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 am 
Mint on Card

I was definitely going to get Starman for my LOSH display but now I'll be picking up Poison Ivy and Black Mask for the Batman Rogues shelf and Rocket Red for my JLI shelf. I regret not getting the sub just for Metron but since I was only going to pick up those 4 from the the set of figures shown I don't think the sub was worth it for me personally.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 am 
Aspires to be #1

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I love the figures that were shown for the club, but I do need to ask for clarification's sake...

Is Rocket Red considered a regular monthly figure, or will he be offered as one of the "oversized" offerings?

Not a big deal as I WANT HIM regardless, but it would be nice to know what slot he belongs in.

I don't think they made that clear yet.

And Starman is going in LOSH and JSA for me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 am 
ABS

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Bnjmnrlyr, from what I read, Rocket Red is the first oversized figure in the subscription. Interestingly, they took a version of Rocket Red that was actually supposed to be a regular-sized suit of armor (like Iron Man) and made it oversized! Hopefully,we eventually get a proper JLI oversized Dimitri Rocket Red.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next