Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Is that even to scale with 6"? I tried buying the DC Superheroes Bat Signal on eBay but the guy keeps wanting too much for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:52 pm 
Wonderdog

it looks sub par to the movie master or batman line (it was the batman line before DCSH) and you wont find that batman one for under $70 loose prob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 am 

I keep finding it for $49.00 but it just looks so over priced, it's being sold on it's own without the figure it came with. I'll just shoot for the movie masters version this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:18 am 
Brand Manager

funtime3 wrote:
Good question, I want to know how many figures I have to buy to get that awesome bat signal. The Green Lantern Movie Master Collect and Connect situation was a total egregious debacle. I don't want to go through that again!

It was said that you need to get 6 figures to assemble it. And looks like there will be 6 figures in the first (and probably the only) wave.

I bet they just couldnt show the other 3 figures cause they would spoil something from the movie. What could it be? Azrael? Bruce Wayne in a wheelchair? Venon enhanced Bane? Any of these would be cool :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 am 

I hope the mention of Alfred was cool! And as lame as it would be, I'm pulling for a single release Jim Gordon!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Thinking I may try to get all six figures for the bat signal and use it with my JLU figures lol...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 am 
5" Scale

Magog wrote:
funtime3 wrote:
Good question, I want to know how many figures I have to buy to get that awesome bat signal. The Green Lantern Movie Master Collect and Connect situation was a total egregious debacle. I don't want to go through that again!

It was said that you need to get 6 figures to assemble it. And looks like there will be 6 figures in the first (and probably the only) wave.

I bet they just couldnt show the other 3 figures cause they would spoil something from the movie. What could it be? Azrael? Bruce Wayne in a wheelchair? Venon enhanced Bane? Any of these would be cool :wink:

I think we will get another bane w/ no coat, Ras and another batman

I hope im wrong, but thats my guess, b/c that would only make 3 figures out of 6 i would want. i dont need 2 banes and dont need no more MM bats

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:29 am 
Brand Manager

DanMan wrote:
Were there any pics of the Batsignal? The only figure pics I saw were Bane.

You probably already found it, but just in case, here's some links to the Batsignal pics:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... 059-63.php

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... 059-61.php

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:31 am 
Collector Inspector

Yeah, I would instantly buy a single-released Commissioner Gordon. Geez, I hope I don't have to buy 3 versions of Batman or something. An Alfred would be amazing.

Anyone know what Joseph Gordon-Levitt's role is in the movie? I wonder if it's action figure-worthy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:38 am 

funtime3 wrote:
Yeah, I would instantly buy a single-released Commissioner Gordon. Geez, I hope I don't have to buy 3 versions of Batman or something. An Alfred would be amazing.

Anyone know what Joseph Gordon-Levitt's role is in the movie? I wonder if it's action figure-worthy.

From what I gather from reading... he's like Nightwing without the costume. Just a sort of unofficial Batman sidekick or a real big help who gets down and physical in the fighting unlike Gordon who is more of a red tape ally.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 am 
Brand Manager

fball13z wrote:
Magog wrote:

I think we will get another bane w/ no coat, Ras and another batman

I hope im wrong, but thats my guess, b/c that would only make 3 figures out of 6 i would want. i dont need 2 banes and dont need no more MM bats

Wow, I just forgot Ra's. Of course he should be one of the figures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 am 
Brand Manager

Van Statten wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

From what I gather from reading... he's like Nightwing without the costume. Just a sort of unofficial Batman sidekick or a real big help who gets down and physical in the fighting unlike Gordon who is more of a red tape ally.

That's the guy who I'm suposing that will be one kind of Azrael (or Nightwing) in the movie. I bet he'll be replacing Bruce Wayne for some time in it. Just gessing...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 am 

Oh Azreal is not a bad example either... I just loathe that character :lol:

There's a lot of speculation of what's going to happen. I doubt there will be a breaking of the Bat kind of thing. I'm thinking more of a public defeat/ humiliation/ faked death on Batman's part and he lays low for a while... just my bet but this movie can so be anyone's game.

Regardless I do hope Joesph's character can be figure worthy in some way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Van Statten wrote:
Regardless I do hope Joesph's character can be figure worthy in some way.

Not sure if this is spoiler-tag-worthy, but just in case...

Spoiler: show
He's supposedly a GCPD officer named Blake and his character has been on one rumor list for Movie Masters along with Alfred. Can't remember the sixth, I'll try to find that list again...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 pm 

Thanks Jim!

That's cool, I knew I read his character's name somewhere and that he was a cop, that's evident from trailers but... other part I did not know! And I hope Alfred comes to pass as well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next