Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:20 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

If memory serves, I bought my first JL figures in Jan. 2003 (that is when the line launched, right?) so with with the line now extending into 2013 i'll have had a good 10 year run collecting JLU.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

There so needs to be a 10th Anniversary exclusive :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm 
active in the community

jzachery wrote:

I vote that they release Translucent Hair Volcana as the 10th Anniversary Exclusive! :D

In all seriousness, every JLU Fan should be sending a personal thank you card to Toy Guru. Sure, some of you will miss Orange Shirt Aquaman, but let's not lose focus here! We're getting every announced 3 pack AND Dr. Destiny/Firefly!

THANK YOU, TOYGURU!

P.S. I'm serious about my Volcana idea!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I might be late to the party, but I am here and I am surprised and positively giddy about this news! They Toy Fair 2011 JLU stuff IS coming out after all? Awesome! Thirty bucks per pack, not fifty? Double-Awesome!! Dr. Destiny AND Firefly? TRIPLE AWESOME!!!

There's been...talk in other threads where I post. Talk about how I...well, I won't go into it here. All I will say is that I definitely have a solid opinion about this JLU awesomeness. I have said it before(yes, I have) and I will say it here, as it is absolutely deserved:

THANK YOU ToyGuru and Mattel for this!!!

I won't mention how I'll still want the corrected Volcana. But if these figures can be done, there is no reason not to hope for the future! That's not a complaint. It's a wish. I'll be looking for the right lamp to rub in the meantime.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

TheHan wrote:
jzachery wrote:

I vote that they release Translucent Hair Volcana as the 10th Anniversary Exclusive! :D

In all seriousness, every JLU Fan should be sending a personal thank you card to Toy Guru. Sure, some of you will miss Orange Shirt Aquaman, but let's not lose focus here! We're getting every announced 3 pack AND Dr. Destiny/Firefly!

THANK YOU, TOYGURU!

P.S. I'm serious about my Volcana idea!

1- Give me a bona fide direct-to-ToyGuru address, and I WILL send him a personal thank you! Until then, my online gratitude will suffice.

2- I LOVE that Volcana idea.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:34 pm 
Cold-cast

Just saw this! WOOO HOOOO! Thank you Mattel, I will always be grateful for this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:32 pm 
Aspires to be #1

jzachery wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Is it just me or does Toyman look like the crack is gone?

Think of it this way, if it is gone... It's easier to put one on, than take it off:)

Oh I don't want it. I'll be glad if it's gone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:32 pm 
active in the community

Well done Mattel! Great news for all the collectors of this line. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:42 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I see Christmas has come early for the JLU crew... You guys seem excited and a 30 a pop that ain't too shabby.

Now does this complete the line for you guys?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:51 pm 
5" Scale

Well I am amazed this are coming, kind of wish I didnt spend the $$ on custom fire fly and dr destiny and have a custom toyman in the works lol

but still VERY happy to get all these!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
jzachery wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
But seriously, congrats guys.

Now how about some "thank you, Matty/Toyguru" comments instead of more complaining.

I've been looking at the facebook feeds, especially over on save the JLU, and I agree. While it's about 85% thank you's and cheers, there are still people going on about Aquaman, or Volcana, or more figures.

I mean. REALLY? REALLY? This is what everyone fought for. At least Aquaman is out there, we're getting Firefly and Destiny. Anyone complaining is just too much.

I'm psyched we are getting these, and at a decent price. Yes, I'm very OK with the price tag. I'm in awe and embarrassed that anyone could still complain.

Just ingore those posts, and just make your post's LOUDER! and BIGGER! ;)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Van Statten wrote:
I see Christmas has come early for the JLU crew... You guys seem excited and a 30 a pop that ain't too shabby.

Yeah, I believe so. Me though, I only have maybe about half of the JLU figures that have been released, (but that's just because I am a picker and chooser and also money has been an issue, so I had to put towards other things,) either way I am going to try extra hard to save up for most of these packs, :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:23 pm 
Cold-cast

Well buy this news I will say Mattel has secured my money in September? Fall? And my faith in Scott has been restored. Thank you Scott and Mattel, I like having a complete collection. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:23 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:

No but it does cut down on the customs I need!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:01 pm 
ABS

so, not counting multiple batman and supermans, how many characters have been represented in this line?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next