Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 am 
An Insider

This is awesome! I'm so excited about these finally seeing a release. A BIG thanks to Toyguru for not only getting these out a an affordable price but also for pulling the strings to get Firefly & Dr. Destiny in the mix.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I will thank them by buying them - but hold all of my applause until I have them in my hands and dont get ransomed for Firefly if he is the last pack.-ive been shown stuff before and it never became available-.

However I will keep any further negative notes to myself (especially since I am getting SPIKOR :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 am 
PVC

Wow--I am amazed by this news. I had pretty much given up hope on those characters ever being produced. Thank you Scott!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 am 
active in the community

Mattel has followed through! This is awesome. Toyman! Dr Destiny! Mongul! Firefly! More villains for my evil collection! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 am 
Collector Inspector

I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! I am thrilled beyond words! Thank you Toy Guru, Save the JLU and anyone who voted on the recent polls to help make this possible!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

To Scott, Matty, and anyone else involved in making this happen.

Thank you.
Such a grand way to start my work day after a long weekend with no computer time.

I'm already standing in line, camping out, and waiting for my chance to complete the line.

Awesome sauce.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:29 pm 
my tummy itches

I guess some unreleased sellers have taken a hit. Aquagirl, vandal, micron, future superman, Mongul and blue beetle are all on eBay for 135 a piece.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm 
Collector Inspector

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I guess some unreleased sellers have taken a hit. Aquagirl, vandal, micron, future superman, Mongul and blue beetle are all on eBay for 135 a piece.

With free shipping, no less. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 pm 
my tummy itches

I hope no collectors fall into that trap. Five have already sold today with a guy gardener check it out:http://www.ebay.com/csc/leviathanknight/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283 btw a blue beetle just sold minutes ago.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:38 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Mrinvincible wrote:
Toyman's scar is still there as I'm sure you've seen by now.

Got to say, even I will pick up some of these. Gots to have my Mongul and Dr. Destiny.

Yeah you are right, I found some close-up pics at ASMZine.com and he clearly still has the scar/crack on his head,

D.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:54 pm 
Cold-cast

Interesting podcast. Scott, if you are reading, you DEFINITELY get huge credit for saving the JLU unreleased wave. We all owe you a big thanks for pitching it again and again.

I am 100% content with these being the last JLU figures. I'll miss them for sure, but at least we don't have any loose ends hanging out there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 pm 
MINT!

I think I am gonna cry (with Joy).I love this and can finally move on from JLU and have a proper clousure.BTW Aquaman and Volcana have been released and were not fetching the current prices for a long time,so what I am saying sorry you did not buy these up when the were at a decent price.I found 4 Aquamans and 1 Volcana 3 pack at retail at my local Target.That mean they were not impossible to find.Do I think they could of swapped a Batman or a Wonder Woman to fit those two in.....yes.Will I not buy all the 3 packs because of it?HELL NO!!!!

I give a high 10 to Toy Guru!Thanks so much and thanks for the fish. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:31 am 
my tummy itches

Toy Guru and Mattel; THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:46 am 
Aspires to be #1

Well that was nice. Guess we all found someone new to block.

Last edited by j1h15233 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 am 
Knows his stuff

Bigbenkenobi wrote:
I think I am gonna cry (with Joy).I love this and can finally move on from JLU and have a proper clousure.BTW Aquaman and Volcana have been released and were not fetching the current prices for a long time,so what I am saying sorry you did not buy these up when the were at a decent price.I found 4 Aquamans and 1 Volcana 3 pack at retail at my local Target.That mean they were not impossible to find.

For some people, they were impossible to find because of Mattel's distribution issues. I'm just going to have to resort to Ebay for my Volcana, and I'm fine with that. But during the time she was out, I checked five stores at a minimum every single week, 10-12 stores a week on average. And with all that hunting, between several Target, K-Mart, WalMart and Toys R Us stores in a 90-mile radius, I, and several other people, never saw Volcana at retail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next