Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU ALIVE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:44 am 
Wonderdog

Yeah, daily trips for months, saw Volcana at retail exactly one time (and I consider myself lucky at that). Maybe not 'impossible' in the literal sense, but definitely way more difficult than it needed to be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:48 am 
5" Scale

ed case wrote:
Yeah, daily trips for months, saw Volcana at retail exactly one time (and I consider myself lucky at that). Maybe not 'impossible' in the literal sense, but definitely way more difficult than it needed to be.

Im still kicking myself, i saw her 3 times outside my 1 i bought, never thought she would be so rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 am 
Aspires to be #1

I never even had a chance to look. I didn't start the line until after she came out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I know of one Target in my entire area that received the Aquaman wave. He was missing when I found the wave, of course.

I never saw the Volcana three pack in my area. And I was one of those folks who checked multiple stores and multiple retailers each and every day for m...o...n...t...h...s...

She never shipped where I live, guarantee you that.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah, I saw the pack exactly one time, and she had been replaced with a Wonder Woman. The HORROR!!!!

I searched for months, and finally a member on another board helped me out. I did see Aquaman, but that was only by hitting up a Target that had just gotten their cases in and getting a friendly employee to go to the back for me.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 am 
Collector Inspector

I found my Volcana pack at a DII store, completely randomly. Wasn't looking, was barely collecting the line at the time. Bought her on a whim. I didn't know til MUCH later how hard she was to find. Aquaman, though, I found on eBay. Not insanely expensive but annoyingly expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 am 
Knows his stuff

The only reason I have STAS Aquaman is because of a trade with a board member. My area received the Firestorm/Deadshot wave of singles. I was going to be patient, but I figured I'd help someone out by sending them Firestorm and Deadshot for Aquaman and show-accurate Green Arrow. Thinking I was helping someone out, I helped myself out, because patience doesn't always pay off when collecting JLU. I never saw the Aquaman/GA/Barda/Sapphire wave at retail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Re: Alive
Just listened to the latest Geek Shall Inherit podcast, Toyguru mentioned it was the umpteenth pitch to a NEW management team which got it approved (which was only days before Toyfair). New mgmt. is often the reason your favorite show gets cancelled (see Angel) I'm glad it worked for the side of good here. The clause was this is absolutely it so if there's any more, speak now or forever hold your peace. Scott mentioned Destiny and Firefly so there ya go. I wonder if new mgmt. will be "taking care" of Digital River in the next few weeks...

Re: Volcana
Never saw her in store. $175 for a 3 pack with her off Ebay last year. I feel like I should keep her in a vault

Re: Aquaman
Wow so it's the STAS version that people are in a frenzy over? I picked him up at retail, never knew he had such distribution issues. Now to clarify, the hybrid was never released correct? I'm referring to long hand and hook, but orange shirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm 
Resin

Abuddah, you are correct the long haired/orange shirt aquaman(which surprisingly theres two different of) wasnt released.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 pm 
shirtless hugger

Did production samples of the long haired, orange-shirted Aquaman make it out of China? I don't recall ever seeing any.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 pm 
Collector Inspector

Someone on these boards snagged one from eBay (not me).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

texgnome1 wrote:
I searched for months, and finally a member on another board helped me out.

Same here.

He's one of the two JLU figures I own (the other Aquaman being the second).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Ham Salad wrote:
Did production samples of the long haired, orange-shirted Aquaman make it out of China? I don't recall ever seeing any.

I know a couple of them did but I don't think it was very wide spread. I actually wanted that version too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:

I know a couple of them did but I don't think it was very wide spread. I actually wanted that version too.

Boo. I'd have liked to snagged one of those samples, along with samples of the following repaints that got axed:

Zatanna (show accurate gray leggings, w/ wand)
Hawkman (modern uniform with brown belt, no trunk, yellow-striped boots, w/ shield)

Along with Volcana, these were the only four figures that were canceled, which were repaints of existing figures, not just reissues with new accessories.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 pm 
my tummy itches

I want translucent volcana but I dunno where to look. I let a friend know I am looking for one. Now I want a full flame volcana.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next