Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:28 pm 
We're going streaking!

tanglevine wrote:
wow. I will have to dip my toe back in the JLU pool for some of those packs. they are just too good to pass up.

Same here. The last ones I bought were the JSA Set (and whatever the other pack that came out that month). I might even but the other ones I skipped, if they make a reappearance!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:43 pm 
Tis' but a pup

This is great news! As someone who got into comics in the era of the Giffen/Dematteis JL, I'm very glad we'll be getting Guy and Beetle. THE JLU line would have felt incomplete without them. I'll be getting the rest too of course. Destiny and Firefly are a wonderful surprise. Thanks to all who campaigned and worked on this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:59 pm 
Former King of Posts

Really thrilled that Mattel found a way to:
1. Do this.
2. Fit Firefly and Dr Destiny in.

Makes you wonder if they could
3. put Guy Gardner in with Blue Beetle and Fire.
4. Put Mongul in with Hereafter Superman and Vandal Savage.

Those Batman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter figures feel like such a waste of plastic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm 
shirtless hugger

This is unbelievable! There was no way I was buying these for $50, especially since I bought some casts from Stew but at $30 I would definitely be in, and I can use my Stew casts for custom variants. Just amazing.

What I don’t get is, how did this happen? Toyguru said the numbers just weren’t there. And he said there was no way they could include Firefly and Dr. Destiny because there was literally zero dollars in budget left to switch up the 3-packs. How did you pull this off Toyguru? Did you fund this project yourself because you love the line so much? (Clearly I’m joking there!) I am utterly shocked at this reveal. Excited and shocked. :shock: :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:09 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

superfriend wrote:
Really thrilled that Mattel found a way to:
1. Do this.
2. Fit Firefly and Dr Destiny in.

Makes you wonder if they could
3. put Guy Gardner in with Blue Beetle and Fire.
4. Put Mongul in with Hereafter Superman and Vandal Savage.

Those Batman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter figures feel like such a waste of plastic.

I think the only reason they put Toy Man in with Dr. D and FF is because they figured since it was necessary to make a new blister and card for Dr. & FF anyhow, they might as well throw in one of the other new figures from the other 3-packs. Since they didn't need to make new cards and blisters for the other packs they were left as-is.

Last edited by whakojacko1976 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

bat313 wrote:
This is unbelievable! There was no way I was buying these for $50, especially since I bought some casts from Stew but at $30 I would definitely be in, and I can use my Stew casts for custom variants. Just amazing.

What I don’t get is, how did this happen? Toyguru said the numbers just weren’t there. And he said there was no way they could include Firefly and Dr. Destiny because there was literally zero dollars in budget left to switch up the 3-packs. How did you pull this off Toyguru? Did you fund this project yourself because you love the line so much? (Clearly I’m joking there!) I am utterly shocked at this reveal. Excited and shocked. :shock: :D

It makes me wonder... We all assume Toyguru is all knowing. We forget that he has people to answer to and that maybe, just maybe, he doesn't find out about some of this stuff much sooner than we do. For all the ups and downs we've had with Mattel, TG has always done his best to be a straight shooter, with good news and bad, it just makes me think that this may have been a recent approval, or something that he wasn't included in until recently. We all know how corporations work, we've all seen the office... LOL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 pm 
shirtless hugger

jzachery wrote:

It makes me wonder... We all assume Toyguru is all knowing. We forget that he has people to answer to and that maybe, just maybe, he doesn't find out about some of this stuff much sooner than we do. For all the ups and downs we've had with Mattel, TG has always done his best to be a straight shooter, with good news and bad, it just makes me think that this may have been a recent approval, or something that he wasn't included in until recently.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I even forgot the biggest shocker. The lowering of the price from $50 to $30! I agree that he has always tried to be honest with us so this must have taken him by surprise as much as it did us.

jzachery wrote:

We all know how corporations work, we've all seen the office... LOL

Haha, great point!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Wow, unexpected and totally flipping awesome news. This line really does refuse to die, doesn't it?

I'll be getting every pack.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

If there's any change from this point that could be made it would be to get Volcana and Aquaman in with Guy but I won't push for it. I'm too excited for everyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:31 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

This calls for a song...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
my tummy itches

Ouch. When I saw this I was so excited I jumped up from my computer chair and hit the shelf above it and was knocked out for 20 minutes. I will get every pack except the guy one. Just when we thought it was over. I don't know how this came to be at all. Oh well still happy.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Ouch. When I saw this I was so excited I jumped up from my computer chair and hit the shelf above it and was knocked out for 20 minutes. I will get every pack except the guy one. Just when we thought it was over. I don't know how this came to be at all. Oh well still happy.

I expected more excitement out of you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:15 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I was going to private message you this, but since I called you out in a public thread, you deserve to be apologized to in a public thread.

You were right. I was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:16 pm 
active in the community

Absolutely phenomenal news.Kudos to those who campaigned for this to happen.Mattel karma to you with how you have treated us fans in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm 
my tummy itches

How was I right? I dunno. And it's the most excited I've ever been for jlu. I'm so happy. Really hope TG tells us how Mattel did this. I'm not sure if BG is being sarcastic or not since he has nothing to apologize for. ( honestly I have not an idea in my head why he said sorry. ) :). But I knew this would happen. Just not 30$. - kalibak :?:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next