Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I don't know how this happened, but I can't tell you how happy I am it did. It was an awful feeling to know these figures were developed and to think that we might not get them. But, now -- HUZZAH!!

Quote:
JLU 3-Packs at MattyCollector.com
These will be the final figures in the beloved JLU series! All available fall 2012 only at MattyCollector.com:

Blue Beetle, Fire, Booster Gold
Guy Gardner, Martian Manhunter, Batman™ Classic Detective
Vandal Savage, Batman™, Future Superman™
Future Static, Aqua Girl, Micron
Mongol, Wonder Woman, Batman™
Toyman, Dr. Destiny, Firefly

JLU Batman (Super Powers colors w/Batarang)
JLU Batman (Black costume w/Batarang)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:55 pm 
Cold-cast

Toyguru,

We can't thank you enough for making this happen. This gesture by Mattel has made me happy beyond words. I have been a JLU completist since the beginning and now I can finally complete my collection of this legendary line. I will try to repay the favor by supporting your other DC products as often as I can.

I have never purchased any of the stolen prototypes off of EBay and I hope this move will make people think twice before doing so. JLU is probably a loss leader at this point, but you have definitely earned a lifelong fan of your company. I'm sure many others feel the same sense of gratitude.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Goonies never say die! {My first thought.] This is great news! Thanks to Scott for getting these figures released. I never expected the additions of Firefly and Dr. Destiny! Thanks to the Save JLU FB guys.

Another year of collecting JLU!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Awesome, awesome news, on my birthday no less!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'm speechless, and I don't say this too often, but thanks Toyguru!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

superfriend wrote:
Really thrilled that Mattel found a way to:
1. Do this.
2. Fit Firefly and Dr Destiny in.

Makes you wonder if they could
3. put Guy Gardner in with Blue Beetle and Fire.
4. Put Mongul in with Hereafter Superman and Vandal Savage.

Those Batman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter figures feel like such a waste of plastic.

Three Batman figures thrown in there. My only real wish would be if Mattel dropped one of the three Batmen and replaced him with that classic Aquaman. However, I am thrilled we're getting what we've been shown!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:32 pm 
PVC

Great news, will be buying all the packs. Like I suspected before, I still think this was all a setup to build collector interest especially at the increased price. I think these were going to be released all along, though Firefly & Dr Destiny were a welcome addition.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm 
Wonderdog

Dude... Seriously?!
These freakin' guys. Bunch of jokesters. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
How was I right? I dunno. And it's the most excited I've ever been for jlu. I'm so happy. Really hope TG tells us how Mattel did this. I'm not sure if BG is being sarcastic or not since he has nothing to apologize for. ( honestly I have not an idea in my head why he said sorry. ) :). But I knew this would happen. Just not 30$. - kalibak :?:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I called you out a while ago because you kept making a bunch of threads about new JLU and I said that it was premature to do so. I never actually came out and said that we weren't and there was no chance at all, so it wasn't so much a case about "wrong" or "right", but we basically got everything we wanted before anything was confirmed. So, in that sense, your threads were NOT premature. Thus, you right, me wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm 
Wonderdog

Velocity wrote:
Can JLU be officially call the best toy line ever?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

10incher wrote:
Great news, will be buying all the packs. Like I suspected before, I still think this was all a setup to build collector interest especially at the increased price. I think these were going to be released all along, though Firefly & Dr Destiny were a welcome addition.

I'm not saying you're right but if you are, Mattel played this brilliantly. Could Mattel be masters of 11th dimensional chess?

Seriously. If someone I knew screwed with my emotions like this on purpose I'd be pissed. But if this was a deliberate strategy on Mattel's part I just want to say "I salute you, you magnificent bastards".

Now the demand for these figures just sky-rocketed especially if Mattel truly IS making them in lower numbers.

Mattel can STILL blow this however.

ToyGuru, read this following part of the post. Please. I can't say it enough.

1. Do NOT under any circumstances do another JLU clearance sale until all of these three packs have come and gone. I know you want to clear out your warehouses of product but resist the urge. You're never going to clear it anytime soon anyways considering their horrible sales numbers. JLU just got buzz back. Don't waste it.

2. Promise me: Do NOT sell these at a clearance price. Ever. Well, if they are still around in five years, maybe, but you hold the upper hand here and if you say up-front that these will NEVER be clearanced you can get some of the lazier JLU fans to pony up. The premium price point is how you are going to get your money back. Don't let stingy fans put you in the red.

Fantastic job, Mattel!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Last edited by Fone Bone on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
First, major major props to Toy Guru, AFI, Save The JLU FB page, Custom Justice, Fangirl, and all those who helped make this possible, really thanks to all of you! You Rock! :) (I take back almost every nasty thing I ever said about any of you, truthfully I have no memory of what I might have said in the past lol.) ;) :) I am very happy that at everyone will get what they wanted, (myself included, Vandal Savage and Mongul will be mine! ha ha ha. ;) ) Thanks again everyone!
This calls for an awesome song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiP6cV0B5Ps&list=PLF2A6A2683E2B1D45&index=4&feature=plpp_video
;)

Edit: open link in new page when you click on the first link above.

D.

Last edited by Dusty on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Edit: Weird. Double post. Meant to edit my first one and quoted it by mistake.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Last edited by Fone Bone on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:59 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Krypton1976 wrote:
Awesome, awesome news, on my birthday no less!!

Happy Birthday Sir! :)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:58 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

A guy takes the weekend off (I know, right ...) and comes back to this.

All I can say is, "thank goodness I have twitter keeping me updated when I can't get to a computer regularly".

Woo Hoo!
JLU!

Can I reserve my spot in line now?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next