Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: NYTF - JLU Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm glad that I held out and didn't attempt to biy any customs. I can't wait to get these and to finally be done buying JLU and completing my collection.

It's too bad we didn't get to see JLU figures of more characters.

Some of the ones from my wishlist are Starfire, Robin, Deathstroke, Raven, Black Lightning, Power Girl, Jonah Hex, Beast Boy & Wonder Girl.

Last edited by jediblood on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:41 am 
Brand Manager

Executives often say something can't be done as a preemptive strike. Otherwise they would have to deal with 8,000 different requests and never get anything done. In the end, sometimes it's true and sometimes it isn't. But ultimately, it doesn't hurt to try. At least it doesn't hurt me. I've been told JLU was dead for the better part of a year, and I still tried. I was told the 3-packs could not cost less than $50 dollars and I still worked out the math. With limited information, I got $34 and the magic number turned out to be $30. Not bad considering all the crap I had to put up with, just for wanting to try to do my own calculation. But in the end, it didn't hurt to try. I've been trying all my life. And all my life people have been telling me not to try. I guess, it's easier and more fun to prevent others from trying than it is to try to help. And at the risk of losing, or falling flat on my face, I have managed succeeded at many things. Simply by trying. And simply by not giving up. In the end, I will continue to try. I wasn't detered then, and I won't be now. And people are still welcomed to try along with me. It's more fun when other people try, too. I have tried. Others are welcomed to try. If Mattel can sub Firefly & Dr. Destiny from development hell; they can sub Aquaman for Batman. But first they need to be made aware of this, and then they have to want to do it. I can't do anything about the latter, but I can do something about the former. Mongul is a perfect example. We knew his color was wrong, but nobody mentioned it to Toy Guru. Everybody assumed he knew. Maybe he could have fixed it, maybe he couldn't. But the fact that he didn't know, made it a 100% impossibility.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 am 
Damage Control

elvis8batman wrote:
Buy the head and pick up any cheap female buck off ebay. Your gonna be painting the head anyway so its no sweat painting the body up too. And her costume is pretty easy to paint. No point missing out when you don't have to. :D

OR....I could buy the head and pick up a cheap female figure on E-Bay. Coz only a complete moron wouldn't think of that! :D

Thanks, elvis8batman! Why didn't I think of E-Bay???

http://www.kevenn.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:30 pm 
Fugitive Dust

$30 for each three pack.
Six three packs.
Two of each (one for display, one for MIB).
$360.

"Completing" my collection.
Priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Ouch. When I saw this I was so excited I jumped up from my computer chair and hit the shelf above it and was knocked out for 20 minutes.

LOL!

I am....wowed by this. Really, really WOWed. They ARE releasing the last figures! They AREN'T going to gouge us fifty bucks!

THANK YOU TOY GURU! THANK YOU MATTEL!

It's going to be a nerve-wrecking wait until next December for that Toyman 3 pack, that's for sure. I am so very impressed, though, that they went the extra mile to swap in Firefly and Dr Destiny.

*APPLAUSE*

Now, I'd also like to see the Aztek legs on Dr Destiny, but if I don't see them it won't be a total disaster. Aquagirl will still have high heels right? These toys have never been perfect (or rarely been perfect), so just being able to get these last ones is great news.

I actually thought it was a joke when I read it on the main page!

Sure, Volcana 2.0 being in there would have been nice, but we can live with head castings and Ebay.

Although, now I'm totally regretting saying that I was glad they didn't make a Hippolyta in one of these packs. Cause now we're getting them. And I won't get no Hippolyta! *single tear*

But I AM getting Toyman! And Dwayne's Static is getting immortalized in plastic! Nice.

VERY nice! Thanks to all those who campaigned and wrote letters and kept awareness up. YOU didn't let this line die out, and YOU deserve a big thanks from the rest of us :) :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:25 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Kevenn wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:
Buy the head and pick up any cheap female buck off ebay. Your gonna be painting the head anyway so its no sweat painting the body up too. And her costume is pretty easy to paint. No point missing out when you don't have to. :D

OR....I could buy the head and pick up a cheap female figure on E-Bay. Coz only a complete moron wouldn't think of that! :D

Thanks, elvis8batman! Why didn't I think of E-Bay???

Well next time I offer a suggestion, I'll remember that the person I'm trying to help might be a sarcastic @*%$ and I wont bother. Yes, what I said mat be obvious to most here, but on the off chance you hadn't thought about it I tried to help. But hey, always good to turn on people on the internet, that'll make you popular.
:roll:

Oh and yes it is E-Bay, what ever was I thinking when I just typed it quick, I must have hurt so many peoples sensibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm 
Brand Manager

Okay...

I have written a form letter for those of us interested in having Mattel reinstate Aquaman. It is the most polite, yet all encompassing, letter that I could think of. And well... I'm looking for comments as to how to improve it.

Then, once those of us interested agree, and we have the best version of the letter possible... I would recommend people go to the Questions section at the Mattycollector forums; cut & paste it; and sign their name to it as if it were their own.

In the end, I'm hoping that Toy Guru will take notice if 10... 50... or 60... people post the same question, with the same heading, all asking the same thing. Plus, I think its very easy to treat one fan's request as a simple selfish act; but it's a very different scenario when you have a crowd asking "one" same thing.

And for the record, I'm doing this because I believe that the exclusion of Aquaman was a terrible oversight. And I feel for those that missed out on him. But if truth be told, I wasn't one of them. Joe G hooked me up way back when and I'm eternally grateful. And if you still don't believe that I'm doing this for the right reasons, you'll find pictures of my Aquaman here and here.

Anyways... here's the letter. And as I said before... Any suggestions on how to make it better, will be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 6281027317

Subject Heading: Request to include Aquaman in the 3-packs

Dear Toy Guru,

We are writing because we want to Thank You for finding a way to release the last assortment of Justice League 3-packs and more specifically, for finding a way to include Dr. Destiny and Firefly among those releases.

We sincerely appreciate everything that you have done for the line and hope that you don’t resent us for being so vocal and passionate.

As a last request, we were hoping that you could find a way to reinstate the short haired JLU Aquaman , as one of the figures scheduled for release this Fall on Mattycollector.com.

We believe that this can be accomplished in one of two ways:

1. By substituting Aquaman for Batman in one of the many 3-packs that will carry Bats.

2. Or by reinstating Aquaman & Superman to the Toyman 3-pack and moving Firefly & Dr. Destiny to the Mongul 3-pack.

The reason we are asking for such a favor is that the Aquaman Wave of Singles originally got split into two different case assortments; and its distribution ended up being somewhat inconsistent across the Nation. Consequently, there are many fans that did not get the opportunity to buy one. Because of this, the Toyman 3-pack (as originally designed by you) was seen in the eyes of many as a second opportunity to own that particular figure.

We understand that there are other factors involved in the decision making process and as a result, we don’t expect an answer right away. But in the end, we are hoping that you can work one last miracle for us.

We believe that reducing the number of Batman figures being offered (in these last assortment of figures) from 3 to 2, won’t deter many collectors from buying these last 3-packs. We also believe that the inclusion of the short haired version of Aquaman could be viewed as a "value added bonus"; and as a result, we are hoping that the powers-that-be will consider implementing one of the switches we just proposed.

In the end, there’s nothing we can do but ask. Still we hope, that by asking and engaging, we’ll be able to correct a very minor oversight.

As always, we appreciate your help and thank you again for your hard work and dedication to the JLU line. We sincerely appreciate everything you have done for us and the line.

Greatest regards,

@*^#*&

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm down to try, red ricky. Aquaman is the only figure I've missed out on JLU, unfortunately. Was also hoping to get him in the 3 pack, so I guess there's no harm in trying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 pm 
Collector Inspector

Wooohooo! And...do I see Toyman sans head crack? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

KRaZeE wrote:

Nope, it's still there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:35 pm 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:

Nope, it's still there.

Bah, you're right...guess the glare in the TNI pics made it hard to see. Ahh well...still w00t! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:17 am 
Knows his stuff

red Ricky wrote:
In the end, there’s nothing we can do but ask. Still we hope, that by asking and engaging, we’ll be able to correct a very minor oversight add a highly desired figure that many were unable to previously purchase..

"Oversight" makes it seem as if they made a mistake. Make the tone as positive as possible.

Although I have Aquaman and don't have Volcana, I'll go the Ebay route. We can't ask for too much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

My one and a half cents.

I'm not saying the Save The JLU Campaign should give up completely on the Aquaman or Volcana points. But I think this particular effort to switch out the figures is misguided. I think that when they switched out Dr. Destiny and Firefly they almost certainly had to completely redesign the Toyman cardback. I think we were beyond lucky they found the money to do this once. I really don't expect them to put in the resources to do this again especially because of all the drama that was involved the first time.

I think our resources would be better spent in convincing ToyGuru that there is STILL a market out there for a DC Animated Classics line. We could get some of the fan demanded rereleases there (like Volcana, Aquaman, Sand, Atomic Skull, The Key, KGBeast, Shadow Thief, Vibe, Deadman, Crimson Fox, Commander Steel, and B'Wana Beast) as well as new figures and possibly a rerelease for figures from previous animated lines like The Batman or Batman: The Brave And The Bold. Plus those Green Lantern TAS prototypes are still out there and if the new cartoon isn't going to get it's own seperate line a DCAC line would be a great fit.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm 
Collector Inspector

Fone Bone wrote:
My one and a half cents.

I'm not saying the Save The JLU Campaign should give up completely on the Aquaman or Volcana points. But I think this particular effort to switch out the figures is misguided. I think that when they switched out Dr. Destiny and Firefly they almost certainly had to completely redesign the Toyman cardback. I think we were beyond lucky they found the money to do this once.

Seconded. But if anyone wants to keep pushing the envelope, please do it nicely. I already want to give TG a sainthood for getting us the unreleased 3 packs, let alone for adding Firefly and Dr Destiny.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

tuning4k wrote:
Seconded. But if anyone wants to keep pushing the envelope, please do it nicely. I already want to give TG a sainthood for getting us the unreleased 3 packs, let alone for adding Firefly and Dr Destiny.

It's never enough for some people, is it? I understand that mindset completely and even admire it to a certain extent (The Shawshank Redemption and Andy and the library comes to mind). But ToyGuru went above and beyond here with both the character packouts and ESPECIALLY the price. I have zero complaints and I too think he SHOULD be given toy Sainthood. Is that even a thing? If not, it should be even if he's the only guy it happens to.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next