Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU- MOC vs. Loose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Jimmyo wrote:
Her favorite figure is Grundy and when we got it for her 2 years ago at christmas she used it like a teddy bear, she honestly took it everywhere and would talk to it back and forth in the Grundy voice, it was quality.

Um, adorable much?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

KRaZeE wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
Yeah, I know that or maybe you missed where I said I had a near complete MOC collection. My main gripe would be the difference in size between the 2 singles. I like it when all the singles are on roughly the same size card. I'm more of a single card collector.Oh well, is what it is.

I can read just fine, chuckles, so you can leave the attitude at the door. :roll: You said the cards were all sorts of sizes...well, there are 4 different card sizes spread across JL/JLU/DCSH/DCU...the JL single, the JL 2-pack, the JLU/DCSH/DCU single and the JLU/DCSH/DCU 3-pack. 4 = all sorts?

I'm sure you can giggles but 4 does not = a few imo even though it is a subjective term. 4 would mean all sorts of sizes which is what I said so check yourself before acting all internet tough guy :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by ian5555 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 am 
Collector Inspector

ian5555 wrote:
I'm sure you can giggles but 4 does not = a few imo. 4 would mean all sorts of sizes which is what I said so check yourself before acting all internet tough guy.

Hey smiley, you may not think 4 = a few, but the dictionary does. "All sorts of" would equate to a large, haphazard mix of various sizes.

And...internet tough guy? :lol: You're cute, even when you do wake up on the wrong side of your crib. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Anywho--

I have one JLU figure on a Card-- Harley Quinn- which was the sole purpose of doing a group buy to get an extra of her for 2.50- the rest are released from their plastic prisons.. And I actually have bought every single figure on the card-- only one actual loose ebay purchases-- Lois Lane..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

KRaZeE wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
I'm sure you can giggles but 4 does not = a few imo. 4 would mean all sorts of sizes which is what I said so check yourself before acting all internet tough guy.

Hey smiley, you may not think 4 = a few, but the dictionary does. "All sorts of" would equate to a large, haphazard mix of various sizes.

And...internet tough guy? :lol: You're cute, even when you do wake up on the wrong side of your crib. :wink:

Cute? Slow down there killer. Let's just stick to toys here. This ain't no dating site.

Both are subjective terms so me saying all sorts and you saying a few is basically the same thing but I will point out the obvious since you clearly are missing the point.

If there are 4 different cards then that is 4 different sized protective cases. Unless you are talking Star Wars you are not finding cases for all of those JLU unless you get them custom made. I can explain it again with a pie chart or other visual aide if needed though. i understand it can be hard when people miss their nappy time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

stewbacca wrote:
Anywho--

I have one JLU figure on a Card-- Harley Quinn- which was the sole purpose of doing a group buy to get an extra of her for 2.50- the rest are released from their plastic prisons.. And I actually have bought every single figure on the card-- only one actual loose ebay purchases-- Lois Lane..

Yeah, i just decided to get rid of alot my loose Transformers, MU, JLU and just stick to MOC of a select few and get items AFA's here and there. I have Grundy that is a AFA95 so that really displays nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 am 
Collector Inspector

I only have a couple of Power Rings, Superman Red and Superman Blue MOC. they're in my custom fodder bin until I need them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 am 
Collector Inspector

ian5555 wrote:
Cute? Slow down there killer. Let's just stick to toys here. This ain't no dating site.

Both are subjective terms so me saying all sorts and you saying a few is basically the same thing but I will point out the obvious since you clearly are missing the point.

If there are 4 different cards then that is 4 different sized protective cases. Unless you are talking Star Wars you are not finding cases for all of those JLU unless you get them custom made. I can explain it again with a pie chart or other visual aide if needed though. i understand it can be hard when people miss their nappy time.

:lol: The dictionary is subjective now? :lol: Whatever. :roll: I get the point just fine, but I think you are missing it. I posted in this thread with further information regarding the card sizes, as that is what you specifically mentioned, then admitted my lack of knowledge as to how that affects protective cases cuz, well, I don't snuggle my action figures after putting on footie jammies for bed or think they may provide for my future generations or whatever reason you have for protecting yours. Then you came back and the first thing you type makes you come off like an asshat. That's the point. As for this back and forth, I'm out...I have better things to spend my time on. I don't know what your problem is exactly, but don't forget to have yourself changed...there seems to be a large amount of stink coming from your general direction. :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 am 
Collector Inspector

KRaZeE wrote:
Hey smiley, you may not think 4 = a few, but the dictionary does.

You're wrong:

few [fyoo]

pronoun
adjective
1. not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously.

noun
2. ( used with a plural verb ) a small number or amount: Send me a few.
3. the few, a special, limited number; the minority: That music appeals to the few.

pronoun
4. ( used with a plural verb ) a small number of persons or things: A dozen people volunteered, but few have shown up.

Just playing devil's advocate (hoo ha!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 am 
Collector Inspector

tuning4k wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:
Hey smiley, you may not think 4 = a few, but the dictionary does.

You're wrong:

few [fyoo]

pronoun
adjective
1. not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously.

Really? So you are saying, Sir Advocate for the Devil, 4 < 1? :lol: Seriously, I don't even really care...I just don't like someone coming at me like an asshat, like ian555555555555555555555 did right off the bat. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am 
Collector Inspector

KRaZeE wrote:
So you are saying, Sir Advocate for the Devil, 4 < 1?

I re-read my post and don't see me saying that anywhere. Are you asking if I'm implying it? Nope. I can't help if you're inferring it but I'd rather you didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 am 
Collector Inspector

tuning4k wrote:
KRaZeE wrote:
So you are saying, Sir Advocate for the Devil, 4 < 1?

I re-read my post and don't see me saying that anywhere. Are you asking if I'm implying it? Nope. I can't help if you're inferring it but I'd rather you didn't.

Umm, you quoted me saying 4 is indeed included in a few, then said I was wrong and the first definition you quoted says a few is more than one. So...if a few, by your definition, is more than one and I am wrong saying 4 is a few, then 4 must be less than 1. :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am 
Resin

Mostly loose figures here, although I do have a FEW (I.E MORE THAN ONE) MOC, which seem to be in a ALL SORTS OF different sizes. Sweet mothero'god KRaZaE you need to lay of the caffeine..or stop sniffing glue, or drinking, or smoking or amphetamines,(man I love Airplane!) as you seem to be wrapped a lil tight. Whinning and arguing over semantics? Wow. lol...And asshat is funny when you say it once,IMO, not a FEW times. Only an assclown breaks it out more than once ;)

Poor, poor thread. They always seem to go off the rails for some reason or another, but I must admit this is first. Few vs All Sorts is a new one for me lol

As for MOC/MIB (I dont usually differentiate these but for this thread I will) I only have the "harder" to find ones in this form. Grundy, Barda,The Ray, Legends of the League, SSII to name a FEW. The rest of my collection is loose and displayed ALL SORTS of ways.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am 
Collector Inspector

So...by your definition,

Not mine. The dictionary. Again which I stated.

if a few is more than one and I am wrong saying 4 is a few, then 4 must be less than 1.

Your thought process on mathematical theory is irrelevant. You said the definition of "a few" was four. It's not. It's just more than one. A few can be four (I'll give you a gold star for that if you'd like. Good boy. Well spotted) but a few could be any number. If you invite 1,000 people to an event and 50 show up, you could say "only a few of the invitees should up. So 50 is a also few. But the dictionary doesn't say few=50 either.

Here endeth the lesson. If you still don't get it, feel free to sign up for summer school.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:01 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Is this thread for real?

Stop the bickering and nit-picking already. Sheesh.

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next